Very disatisfied service

I requested a distribution of my Coverdell IRA for payment of my daughter's. They distributed the entire account creating huge tax consequences. Their CEO Hugh Bromma and dippy sidekick Gary Kowalski refused to take my call. When I started yelling they were only concerned with me speaking in a "calm manner"; they had no concern for the major screw up. Hate, hate, hate these dinosaurs. I give them 3 years and they will be out of business.

User's recommendation: NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

Boxford, Massachusetts

Verified Reviewer

Bad experience.

Several issues with The Entrust Group. Very happy to have transferred my account with Entrust, wish I would have done it sooner. That being said, it, still was not easy to move my account. After 20 minutes on phone the service rep did not tell me he was transferring me and in fact he transferred me to the wrong extension, so another 15 minutes on the phone. Endless fees, no transparency, no knowledge of what any transaction cost, lots of surprises. In my opinion the customer service is abysmal, and very unprofessional.
Preferred solution
wave the final transfer and check fee.

I read their mailer, which upon first glance appeared to be from my current lender. After reading online reviews, and finding most negatives, I decided to go with a previous broker who has more realistic information and offers for me.

User's recommendation: Look before you leap.

Long Beach, California

Complaint

I received a personal mail Ad offering a Home Refinance Rate of 2.99% w/ . Defer 2 mortgage payments . Cash-out option . No out-of-pocket expenses . Lower mortgage payment I qualify this as a personal ad because they mention my current Lender and my existing home finance balance. After providing them with all my personal information, they come back with a 3.2%, $675 Appraisal Fee and tell me what to spend the Cash out on. I consider this False Advertising and will never respond to a mail Ad from any institution because its just a Hook.
Let the company propose a solution

Don't want others to make the mistake we made by doing business with Entrust

The most unbelievably bad experience I have every had. Terrible communicators, excessive fees, and terrible service on our precious metals IRA's. You will be very disappointed if you "Trust" Entrust to handle your assets.

User's recommendation: Don't do business with Entrust unless you enjoy not having phone calls of emails returned and enjoy paying excessive fees.

#1908280

I am having the same problems with my Precious Metals account. This is absolutely disgusting.

I've spent several hours trying to connect with someone by phone, and i sent three e-mails. Their customer service is the worst i've encountered.

Apology

THIS COMPANY IS NOT RELIABLE.THEY DO NOT RESOLVE ISSUES

MY PROBLEM GOING ON FOR OVER 5 YEARS.I DON'T HAVE ANY ASSETS THERE,YET THEY WANT ME TO PAY FEES.MY ACCOUNT IS WORTHLESS AND I CANNOT GET THIS PROBLEM SOLVE.HELP,HELP CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO THANK YOU.
Troy, Michigan
Reason of review
Access/ activation issues
Let the company propose a solution

Non responsive, incorrect data entry and difficult to deal with, Use cautioned.

Difficult to obtain a one person contact or it was not indicated who it would be after accepting my initial application. Most of the data entry for the four beneficiaries was incorrect. After a few attempts they said it would be corrected. Thy did not take responsibility for the error instead thy made it look as though I was making changes after the fact. After several weeks I still do not know if it has been corrected. (???????) I asked them to submit corrections to me for review and approval. Still waiting... Two phone messages to the district manager Munzer Ghosheh was never returned.
Oakland, California
Service
The Entrust Group Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Entrust Service Is Lousy

I've been trying to contact Entrust for the last month or so regarding information about the CFTC. Apparently, Entrust is no longer able to handle transactions associated with this commission. I've been reaching out looking for clarification on this for the better part of a month. I haven't received a satisfactory reply yet. If anyone is considering this com pay, I would suggest that you speak to someone about the level of service that you will obtain. Not receiving responses is extremely frustrating when you're choosing to self direct your account. Please Beware and look for alternative options.

Apparently Entrust was shut downby by the CFTC to do commodities business and given a very large fine.

Both the salespeople and operations people need help in customer service relations and IRS training. They often give wrong or inaccurate information, take months to open an account and complete a transaction, and if you ever try to speak with management they are completely arrogant. Stay away.

We are sorry for your frustrating experience. We would like to rectify this and hope we can resolve your situation.

It is our mission to keep our client’s needs as our number one priority. Please call our main office line at (800) 392-**** and ask to speak to Jason Craig, President of The Entrust Group.

View more comments (2)
San Francisco, California

The Entrust Group and Entrust Administration are a SCAM

I used to have an account with the Entrust office in Colorado, holding an investment account with GoldMoney (online gold brokeage). A couple months back, The Entrust Group and Entrust Administration formed an alliance of some kind of GoldMoney and actually forced me to move my account from their independently owned office in Colorado to Entrust Administration. My fees doubled the day that I moved my account over $400+ a year!!! The service was lousy. It felt like I was talking to the new person every time I called in. UGGGGGH. I just want to warm people about The Entrust Group and Entrust Administration. They are really out to get you on fees and provide a half-rate service. Their staff doesn't really understand what the rules are and the fact that they stole clients from their franchise offices is even more proof that they're a bad company. Google them for their involvement in different lawsuits! *** Entrust Group!
#420489

Regarding the comments above about The Entrust Group and Entrust Administration, I am sorry for your dissatisfaction with the decisions that were made. Changes to the GoldMoney program did occur recently. However, it might be helpful to understand the full story of what occurred and why it did.

It is true that clients who invested in a GoldMoney account through an Entrust franchise office were required to transfer their accounts to an Entrust Corporate office (or they could choose to liquidate the account). The Entrust Group and GoldMoney have an exclusive relationship such that, for anyone wishing to invest in GoldMoney through their IRA, they must do so through The Entrust Group only. This exclusive relationship was earned through high quality service at a fair value price. Unfortunately there were occasions when service standards at the independently run franchise offices were not what they should have been, and clients suffered as a result. A decision was made by both GoldMoney and The Entrust Group to centralize these clients' accounts in our Corporate offices to ensure both our clients and GoldMoney of the consistently high service level standards each expects.

Regarding your fees increasing, these were due to enhancements in the GoldMoney program itself. As these investments are located outside the United States, significantly higher operational and compliance-related expenses are being incurred. Thus, the fee increases would have occurred whether an account remained with a franchise office or with Entrust Corporate. The program enhancements provide clients significantly better security, and expanded account control, including an ability to access their accounts and initiate buys and sells online. We have received many unsolicited comments from clients that they are impressed with and very pleased with the changes.

These changes were all made with our clients in mind and were well thought through and deemed a necessary improvement. Because we are committed to improving the services we provide to our clients we have opened an office in Reno, Nevada dedicated to servicing precious metal clients and dealers. Our knowledgeable precious metals staff provides superior and unrestricted services to clients and dealers.

If you wish to personally discuss this further, feel free to contact me at 510-587-****.

#420484

View more comments (1)
Westminster, Colorado

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article