Adolf Vfj

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Morden, England

Threats, Slander and Deceptive Business Practices

The Entertainment Specialists UK - Threats, Slander and Deceptive Business Practices
The Entertainment Specialists UK - Threats, Slander and Deceptive Business... - Image 2
Original review May 27, 2024

Beware: The Entertainment Specialists UK, also known as "Bespoke Wedding Entertainment" and its owner Danny Borges are associated with threats of gun violence, racial discrimination, a police enquiry, and deceptive business practices. (Crime Reference # 653****/23).

As a musician and independent contractor, my duo and I (after being hired by Danny Borges) played 5 times at Ganley's Irish Pub in Morden, including on St. Patrick's Day 2023: Same songs each time. Owners and customers were always happy. Looking back however, I should have been worried when, upon learning I was American, pub manager Mark stated "God help us all, and you better play the Irish songs right in future or else" and spent 10 minutes telling me my ethnic Irish pronunciation was wrong and would lead to "consequences" if I "didn't learn".

On our 5th gig, my Indian guitar player and I had played for over an hour when the bar manager (Mark) suddenly turned on music in the middle of our set and there was a threat made to "Get a gun from behind the bar and shoot us". Mark complained about how we played one Irish song (we are not Irish, but had played the same song 5 times before). Mark also stated, while heavily drinking at the bar "That's not how you play that song, and why are you talking to my customers" (we had several customers come up and ask us why the pub suddenly turned on the radio in the middle of our set, and why we had stopped, since they really enjoyed our music. We never made any disparaging comments, but simply asked them to speak to Mark with any questions they might have.) My guitar player said he thought the Irish staff and some customers didn't like "A person of color playing in their pub".

Even though we had played more than half the night (with no break) and travelled several hours to reach the pub, both the booking agent (Danny Borges) and the pub manager refused to pay us anything at all. Danny pointed to a fraudulent contract created by his company 'The Entertainment Specialists' also known as "Bespoke Wedding Entertainment" and claimed "It is the musician's sole responsibility to ensure the pub is full and pub customers are happy." So, when there was a quiet night, he decided to simply not pay us! (on this night the pub had only 10 customers in the live music area, both before and after we played, verified on CCTV). We have sworn statements from several customers on the night stating we did a good job playing.

(While we did start playing later than expected, this was confirmed to be acceptable by pub staff in writing ahead of time). Far from showing sympathy for the threats of violence, racial insults and abuse we had suffered, Danny Borges instead blamed my guitar player and I for everything, stating: "If you hadn't spoken to the customers, it all would have been fine". The police enquiry into the threats, racial discrimination and fraudulent business is ongoing, as is further legal action and court cases. Danny Borges has since been banned from several Facebook groups for making vulgar and threatening comments, violating music group guidelines and Facebook's hate speech policies.

Apparently Ganley's and Danny Borges have a history of not paying musicians and staff. Avoid Danny Borges and The Entertainment Specialists/"Bespoke Wedding Entertainment" at all costs!!!

Cons:
  • Deceit
  • Crime
  • Scam

User's recommendation: Avoid Danny Borges and The Entertainment Specialists UK at all costs!!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article