Refused to honor a warranty

The Cover Store - Refused to honor a warranty
At the end of summer 2019 I purchased outdoor covers for my grill, prep table, chairs and a table from this company. My particular location can get very windy. A few months after I purchased the covers my neighbor called me to tell me that my grill cover had blown off. I went outside and found it torn in several places. Apparently it could not handle the wind. I contacted the company in September to file a claim for warranty coverage. I sent it three pictures that they requested along with an explanation for submitting a claim. A couple of weeks later I received an email telling me that it was not their cover because of the color and some other garbage reasoning. I protested vehemently because I know where I purchased the cover. I compared the item # on my invoice it was different from the item # that they currently stock. The item # associated with my purchase was listed as out of stock. I found it sold in Europe on Amazon but nowhere else. This is nothing short of a ripoff. I've dealt with companies from Israel, China, etc. when I had issues with their products and those companies have been honest to a fault, unlike this American company (I'm ashamed to call them an American company). I would not purchase another item from this company and I do not recommend them. They are grifters.

User's recommendation: Steer clear of this company, better to buy cheap that way you don't care if it rips.

ID
Pros
  • Looked good when first received
Cons
  • Not very sturdy
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Terrible!! I would NOT recommend this store to any one - !!!

I ordered my Bird Bath Cover (which broke the other day) and I wanted to send it back - Oh no, someone little girl told me I had to return in 30 days - however, on your website it says with Covid it had been extended to 60 - I am a senior citizen - not stupid like these young people might think - I want to send this back - credit card adjusted and be done with this place - I will NO LONGER recommend or shop here!!!
#1947062

Sherry H, I have the same story, this company doesn't honor their warranty claims. They had to gall to say that I did not buy my grill cover from them.

I purchased almost $300 in outdoor furniture and a grill cover. They claim the grill cover did not come from them. I found the grill cover on their website saying it was out of stock. Today when I searched for that grill cover the link was removed.

This is a shady outfit.

Contact your credit card company to find out if they cover these situations. I'm going to contact consumer affairs and any agency I can find to see if I can shut them down.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article