The Country Club Life Scam

I was contacted by this business for their Tucson Golf Magazine. The claimed they would give me a full page ad in a magazine that was delivered to 10 high end country clubs. The clubs were mostly public municipal courses. I called a few and they never heard of them. The ad they designed was horrible. They claimed it would be sent to the clubs in December and in February it still was not published.I tried to call and complain and there was never anyone available to talk to. My salesperson was full of answers but none were substantive. I think he was just buying time. This is a scam they will take your money and do nothing for you in return.

Same exact story line for me. I created a new review under the name, "The Golfer's Magazine." Fortunately I saw this post first and did some more background research before spending any money. Thanks everybody!

I was recently contacted by someone named Jerry Merino for "The Back Nine" with a very similar proposition. I knew this was probably another scam (from his relentless assertion that I needed to act now) because my company was also recently called by someone else for a different golf country club business directory magazine and we had called those clubs and asked about the magazines, of which they had never heard of. This is a scam no matter what name they decide to call it this month to the next.

They change the name to www.theclubmag.com before they were www.reachingthegree.com or www.clubadvertising.co, PR Publishing, Mills Media Group inc

now the scam is called thegolfersguide.us they keep changing the website name. eliteclubpublishing.com is another one

poor, sad, no life, just write inconsistencies .... now a history of dinosaurs. jajajajajajajaja

they called me too from a Florida number # 1 95* *** ****. They just kept listing the golf courses around my area.

He kept redirecting me to his website , when I questioned him how come they don't have a .com site he started mumbling about corporate blah blah. I was in front of the comp and searched their name , and the scam report first showed nothing else, I asked him about it and then he just hung up really fast.

Country Club LifeStyle magazine contacted me from www.clubadvertising.co.

Not sure if this is the same company, but they wanted my credit card info without offering an advertising contract or even showing me a hard copy of their product.

When I finally got a Credit card authorization, the phone # they gave me was out of service. the new # on website goes to voicemail.

seemed fishy

I was recently contacted by this "supposed" magazine because they are now targeting high-end cigar lounges. My business is near a lot of affluent country clubs and it seemed liked a good idea, but they couldn't answer any questions or fulfill simple requests like asking to see a recent issue or even a scanned copy of a page via e-mail. (I even called the country clubs they mentioned & most of them never heard of nor saw this magazine.)

I kept calling them out on their BS and without my authorisation they charged my card: once under one business name and then again for the same amount under "CC Nation" when they realised their first attempt to charge failed. After speaking with colleagues all across the US I found they had be targeted in their regions as well.

I called the credit card company & got the charges reversed & afterward had it out with the two idiots I had been dealing with over the course of a week.

While I did report this company to the Better Business Bureau, because no one forked over a physical address and it doesn't exist on their worthless website, the BBB says they can't process my complaint.

Frank,

Please contact me directly, Glenn Klepchick, COO Golfers Guide Incorporated. 843.842.7878, and we will assist you in Tuscon with our Arizona Book and Representative. We effectively tracked down and shut the organization down with the support of the FT. Lauderdale police department.

Regards,

Glenn

I am the COO of the "REAL" and only Copyrighted Golfers Guide Marketing Services, WWW.Golfersguide.com and The Golfers Guide Publication. We have been made aware of the scam and are pursuing the individuals with all the available legal and police resources.

If you have been impacted by them we recommend you call one our Regional Representatives, and or reach out to us through www.golfersguide.com.

Regards, Glenn Klepchick

View more comments (23)
ID
Managua, Managua
Loss

About

Summary

Fitness center planning, design, management, and staffing for country clubs, resorts, hotels.

The Country Club Life reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article