Natalie7654325

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Charged Nearly $2,000 for Cut and Color

The Color Lounge Signature Salons - Charged Nearly $2,000 for Cut and Color
The Color Lounge Signature Salons - Charged Nearly $2,000 for Cut and Color - Image 2

The Color Lounge Signature Salons is misleading customers about the prices of its services.

On 12/14/22, I received a service for platinum blonde hair, which is listed on the website and booking page as starting at $268.00 for the full service. The owner, Jordania Nargiz, quoted me $1,400-$1,800 after I was already sitting in the chair with my hair segmented and pinned up, nearly 20 minutes into the start of her services.

She then charged me $1,950 after the service was complete. I also felt pressured to tip. When I requested a cost breakdown the following day, she claimed that she charged me $295 PER HOUR.

I have found no evidence that the owner is charging a fair or reasonable price for this service (platinum blonde hair coloring). I spoke with six hair stylists at different salons in my area, and even those with 15+ years of experience had never heard of anyone charging more than $500.

In fact, the average cost in the area is around $250.

The owner of the Color Lounge Signature Salon is advertising prices on her website in this range ($268) and then later claiming this is her hourly rate.

I spoke with the owner in person on 12/21/22 to find a solution, such as a partial refund to reflect the fair market value of the service I received, and the owner refused.

The Color Lounge Signature Salons owner is intentionally overcharging her clients and refusing to explain her pricing model. Not only that, she is advertising reasonable prices and then quoting customers exceedingly more once services have begun.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Find a salon with fair value pricing.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article