Sean Tpt

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker San Jose, California

Unprofessional Sale

The Collectory - Unprofessional Sale
I recently attended to make a purchase with this site through eBay. After the purchase was successful I received the following message from the seller Hi! Unfortunately we may have to cancel this order. Our client didnt account for the 10% eBay fee and isnt happy about earning. Currently working on saving the sale. How much did you pay total with taxes on eBay? The next day they canceled the purchase stating it was out of stock but re-listed the item. Then sent this message: Hi, We are so sorry but our client doesnt want to go through with this earning. We do have 2 other options may you wish to still repurchase this item. 1) you can repurchase with the new price listed aka with the ebay fee accounted for (+10%) 2) you can repurchase directly on the-collectory. Com at the same price actually probably cheaper since we dont charge taxes They have been on eBay since 2013. They know how the fees work. Completely unprofessional. BUYER BEWARE!
Cons:
  • Unprofessional

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: DON’T PURCHASE FROM HERE

Rebuttal to bad review

So the other review was actually written by Filip Lademacher, who is a known scammer. You can read his shady history and past here: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2004/nov/17/business.scamsandfraud Now, Filip has dedicated the his life to selling Birkins online, among other scams. Sadly, he doesn't actually sell any bags but just scams people out of money with his websites JP Marant (jpmarant.com) and Simply Birkin (simplybirkin.com). His MO is the one he accuses The-Collectory of, funniy enough. We wrote a blog post about him and his fraudulent business, and that is the reason he filed the report. You can read our post here: https://the-collectory.com/blogs/the-handbook/the-biggest-worry-of-online-shopping-how-to-avoid-getting-scammed

The Collectory (www.collectory.com) - A Fraud and a Scam

I bought a Birkin from a website called The Collectory (www.collectory.com).  I spent $12,000 for the bag through a wire transfer and did not receive it. After asking about my purchase to Adriana Angelini, the owner of The Collectory, she stated that the item was shipped out, but due to a customs issue in France, the bag was on its way back to their store in San Francisco. She promised to ship it right back to me upon receipt. I decided to be patient and wait for my bag to be sent back to me in Paris. I never received my Birkin and all my emails have since gone unanswered. I have been royally scammed!
Reason of review:
Fraudulent Company

Preferred solution: Full refund

E-commerce Talks

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article