Only part of order sent

Ordered several items, only received two of 6. Sent several emails for info on other items. Have be waiting two months since ordering and almost 5 weeks since receiving the two items and no items and no replys
ID
Los Angeles, California
Service
The Collectors Addition Shipping Service

Resolved: Do NOT do Business with Collectors Addition.com

Update by user Feb 16, 2015

It took 2 months to get this resolved, and as luck would have it, the very day after I posted this review they finally got in touch with me. I have no idea whether they saw this review or not.

Still, it wasn't until I emailed them from a different email address that they finally responded, which made me wonder why they did not respond from the original email they had been using for me. I did finally get a full refund, but I would still caution anyone from doing business with them unless you get a phone number from them BEFORE you order.

Had I been able to call them from the beginning, a lot of this frustration could have been avoided. In the end, they did make things right but I really had to hunt them down to get my refund and that is inexcusable.

Original review posted by user Feb 13, 2015
I placed an order from their web site in December 2014. Had a question about the order and they had no phone so I emailed them. The owner, Danielle, returned my message and then accepted my order and payment and sent me a confirmation email of the order. She also sent a second email stating it would come in two boxes. It is 2/13/15 and I am still waiting for the second box which is 2 missing items from my order. I have emailed Danielle multiple times now with no response. Her fax number is apparently a fraudulent one because the faxes don't go through. My emails are not getting returned so I know she is receiving them. I reported her to BBB and she ignored them as well. Now I see that she has 23 complaints against her with BBB and STILL she is up and running doing business on the web. On her web site she claims that she will GLADLY give her phone number to customers with order. That is an outright lie. It amazes me that this woman is getting away with doing business like this as I see that many other customers have had the same issue with this company. She must be banking on the fact that no one is going to hire any attorney to go after her because it would cost more than the items you never receive. So to anyone reading this, beware! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE IT IS A GIANT RIPOFF. Forewarned is forearmed.

I placed an order on December 3 and have not received it. I have emailed them several times, but gotten no response. I received an order confirmation when order was placed, but nothing since then.

@PissedConsumer1080573

I finally contacted the Georgia State Consumer Protection Agency. BBB contacted this business but they did not respond.

They DID respond once they became aware that I had filed a complaint with the Georgia CPA. At that point, they were in CONSTANT communication, so it seems that they care much more about being reported to the CPA in their home state. Also, if you have a different email address than the one you used to place your order, I suggest contacting them with a different email address and also forward a copy of your confirmation to them when you contact them from the separate email. Between doing that and filing a complaint with the GCPA and advising them that I had done so, they finally gave me the refund I was entitled to all along.

It basically came down to me trying to "fool" them into reading my message by using a different email address, and it worked. You should not have to go through all this but unfortunately, it is the way they do business. They never once supplied me with a phone number and I didn't realize it until I had already given them my credit card information.

It's a shame.

Having the same problem with them. Is this a scam web page?

View more comments (2)
Resolved
ID
Buford, Georgia
Cons
  • Business practice
Reason of review
Paid for items I never received and business will not respond to my inquiries.
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article