Admin is insanely controlling

The other reviews are correct. This site is mainly run by women in their 60-80's. This wouldn't be a problem but they are all convinced they have a medical degree and any new information shared will be blocked. Apparently science doesn't evolve. If you're young they will immediately discount your opinion because it alters there ego to learn they are not always correct. These women are entirely stuck in their ways and it's such a shame that they refuse to acknowledge anyone without outside knowledge they may not have. Instead they block you from a conversation so they can stay in their heavily moderated fairytale.

User's recommendation: Don't bother. Talk to a vet instead, this site is full of flase information.

Goleta, California

Banned me

I was simply waiting to get registered. And I waited about 10 hrs which is extremely long and I did not do anything then out of the blue it said I was banned! Why!? I did not do anything! And I was banned! Stupid website

User's recommendation: Dont use it.

ID
#2002345 Review #2002345 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Calabash, North Carolina

They banned me for not doing things their way

The place is a feminist beehive. They hate men and banned me for not following their advice they way a woman would. They don't have any male moderators, either. I tried again because I thought I could get some help from someone else and they banned the new account immediately when they logged in. They also assume controlling an unruly cat is the same as abusing it and expect bad behavior to be rewarded unconditionally. The members are almost all female male hating cat worshippers. God forbid you don't literally worship your cat as a god and you are labeled an evildoer. They live by the "all men like dogs" stereotype and enforce it th

User's recommendation: It's a great place for cliquey selfish women, but not for employed men.

ID
#1939802 Review #1939802 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Anaheim, California

The Cat Site - Disgusting site full of terrible, ridiculous, crazy cat bi*ches who harass you to no end
I am so GLAD I found these reviews on how terrible and DISGUSTING thecatsite is! I knew I couldn't be alone when I was facing harassment on this site for speaking up against bad cat food brands that are KNOWN to be terrible for cats, and I was expected not to spread this information and let people be aware. I was expected to be quiet because 'people can feed their cats what they want', and that is the motto here, even if that food is poison *** itself. Particularly a disgusting user named 'Rini' (photo attached) who tried to tell me I was being 'insensitive' and 'rude' for suggesting some brands are bad for cats, hah, can you believe that? They are fine with people being unaware of truths and live in some abnormal crazy cat lady bubble. I myself have a cat and I STILL ATTEST to the FACT that 'cat people', in general, and MOST of them, DO have severe retardation and mental abnormalities that are simply NOT FOUND in any other type of human! Even scientific studies have shown that exposure to something in cat *** can cause schizophrenia and other mental illnesses. Cat people DO have an abnormality surrounding them and that is clearly reflected in thecatsite! Yet another miserable *** told me so rudely to 'stop spreading misinformation' when I very nicely and normally recommended a user against raw diets and suggested cooked foods. You say something normal and these crazy old cat bit*hes leap onto you like snakes to diss you and harass you, it's all a play. The moderators do nothing to remove harassment, and the report button is just for show. I was shocked at being treated in such a ridiculous, immature, and garbage manner on this site for speaking out and trying to educate people! I was shocked out of my mind. Not to mention that no one here has any knowledge on real cat care, every idiot seems to be doing whatsoever they wish without any real information, education, and knowledge. It made me feel really, really sorry for the poor cats who have such miserable women as their owners. Thecatsite is a horrendous and dangerous place for sane people, unhelpful in any and all respects, full of miscreants and *** I'm not sure if there's ANY cat site on earth that'll be sane because the crazy cat bit*es lurking around on them will make your life *** and say outrageously wrong *** The other ratings here are right. Thecatsite is a scary and messed up place full of mentally ill freaks.

I posted pictures of things I did let their advice yet they still expected me to simply let my cat keep me awake at all hours and destroy her litter box without complaint. Their moderators are ALL women and probably all socipoathic.

And yet you were also a member until you were banned. So doesn’t that make you exactly the same thing you call them?

You can’t have it both ways you know. People are allowed to have opinions that differ from yours. Just because you feel the need to inform others of your opinion doesn’t mean that they are bad for not buying into it. Freedom means accepting that others have the exact same rights that you do.

Don’t try and play the victim when you were clearly soapboxing your opinion. It’s their website and they pay for it. You are simply a visitor to the site and have no expectation of rights other then allowed by those that run the site. The internet is a great tool but you people seem to forget that all these websites are run by people with their own agendas.

People are paying to have the right to self censor. If they chose to not have you as a member then maybe it’s time you set up your own webpage and you can set the rules.

@PissedConsumer1686238

Wow, you have a pretty *** response to the reviewer. They are complaining about the kind of atmosphere found on the site like ALL the other reviewers here.

How do you know who this reviewer is and if they were banned or not? You are clearly the pathetic owner of the site or something who fits the 'crazy cat lady' reality so prevalent amongst cat owners.

View more comments (2)
Reason of review
crazy cat witches lashing out on normal users

Owner of site refused help for members but she took it for herself

Catsite is a "home for people who love cats"? What a laugh. The owner of Catsite is a hypocrite. She refused any posts on holistics even to the point of stopping a member from being able to reply to a person with a very sick cat for seven days on the pretext that, suddenly, members couldn't message new members for that period of time.. This was implemented to stop any member from privately receiving this life-saving information. Any public posts on holistics were blocked. The result was that a vet-approved holistic approach could not be given to that new member for seven whole days and her cat died. The hypocrisy is that when the owner was private-messaged concerning her own horse that was on death's door with a holistic approach(because all veterinary approaches had failed) she grabbed at what she had refused others. Her horse lived because of that approach. The same could not be said for all those she refused to be helped and who died because they were refused to be made aware of holistic approaches she publicly boasted were "snake oil" but couldn't grab for herself fast enough when her own horse was sick. In fact, she even banned members for trying to make members aware of those approaches - the fact that they were vet-approved didn't matter one whit. Her actions were reprehensible.
Regina, Saskatchewan

THE CAT SITE, A HOME FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE CATS

As a member since 2008, I can say I have never been mistreated or made to feel as if I do not belong, though I am in no way a member of the majority culture. Members from all over the world, male and female, of all age ranges, socioeconomic backgrounds, ethnicities, religions, etc., are able to share stories, photos, and concerns relating to cats in a safe, positive atmosphere. I have nothing negative to say about the site or any of the members or visitors I have communicated with. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and thoughts, and these are mine. It's unfortunate that others have had less than positive experiences on the site. Many of us have been members for a long time and enjoy it very much. The new visitors and members I communicate with say they do, too.

Really good articles on The Cat Site that helped me a lot. Especially the articles on stress.

My easy to stress out ginger boy is far better off with the knowledge I gained. And it is easy to search through the articles as well.

Catsite is a "home for people who love cats"? What a laugh.

Any posts are holistics were blocked. The result was that a vet-approved holistic approach could not be given to that new member and her cat died. The hypocrisy is that when the owner was private-messaged concerning her horse that was on death's door with a holistic approach she grabbed at what she had refused others.

Her horse lived because of that approach. The same could not be said for all those she refused to be helped by the same holistic approach she couldn't grab for herself fast enough when her own horse was sick.

View more comments (2)
The Cat Site Website
Cons
  • Not applicable
Reason of review
TheCatSite is a very positive site!

Thecatsite.com, a negative review

C0mpletely agree: I needed some help in dosing my cat with vitamin C. Ann suggested I search for this info on the site (hint: instead of wasting their time) as it had been posted before. So I followed her instructions and that is exactly what I did. I then made replied to a somewhat old thread in which the posters were very negative on vitamin C. The name of the thread is even 'Vitamin C slam' and the hysterical thing is, that the person who started the thread said she was taking a lot for a cold and doing extremely well. Everyone jumped on board and told her to stop and how dangerous it was. I called the posters ignorant, unfortunately which is completely untrue. Actually, they are a bunch of fascist idiots. I have decades in the alternative health business and in support of vitamin C, and vitamins in general, quoted to them esteemed physicians,also Linus Pauling. One of the physicians I quoted was from an article in the New England of Psychiatry. No matter how much documentation I offered, after I backpedaled the 'ignorant' remark, I was repeatedly slammed over and over again as everyone piled up to offer their own 'expertise', including Ann, the owner of the site, who claimed you get all the vitamin C you need from fruits and vegetables. As a website owner/ blogger I'm sure she is qualified to make such statements. One poster actually used the words 'I'm not sure if I believe that guy' regarding the article I linked to in the New England Journal of Psychiatry. I was speechless at the - well, complete ignorance of the reply and the arrogance with which it was formed. Then they started attacking me and my professional experience. They seemed to be very excited. That was the best part and I almost felt like calling a yoga break. Not sure if they knew what yoga was, and I might have had to wait until they went to quackwatch to make sure it was safe. I was eventually disqualified from making posts on the subject, although they were professional in nature, no name calling or slurring (as they were with me), with no explanation except that I was a new poster and they were concerned about spam. The last post I made, which was a hand typed reprint of an article by a physician defending Linus Pauling - and questioning some of the studies used by NIH to discredit his research - was not only not allowed to go through, but there was no explanation for it, and no response to my protests. Now, I personally believe in vitamin C and vitamins in general. I believe that currently, vaccinations are dangerous as h--. I believe the World Health Organization is dangerous and in the hands of big Pharma agencies, and also NIH and the CDC (who has big admitted ties to Merck) are a bunch of lying, greedy low lives. I believe that Bill Gates and others are actually out to LOWER the population of the world with vaccinations, which is what Bill Gates actually said, word for word. Look it up, you can find it anywhere on the web. I believe sites like quackwatch.com are biased against supplements because as I said, doctors have big monetary interests in using drugs. I have lots and lots of documentation on my beliefs, most of it, believe it or not, supported by ethical doctors and PhD's. I have a right to my beliefs. They believe in these organizations and that is their right too. But to attack me over and over again on an infantile level, incapable of having a real back and forth, intellectual, spirited, egalitarian discussion, is fascist. I am using that word quite deliberately. I ended up going to another cat site, very reputable, and getting the information I needed on the upper limits of dosing cats with vitamin C. My experience was with people and I needed help with my cat. There are still a lot of wonderful animal sites out there. I was shocked at how I was treated and in addition, the fact that links to outside documentation had to be moderated each time. I have never, ever, experienced that (with one exception) in my entire life of surfing the web. It's a sign of a very paranoid personality. Here is the thread, if anyone wants to read it: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/137884/vitamin-c-slam#post_421**** Now, if I were Ann and some one commented about me like this, I would make an especial point about letting through her posts in the future. It would be a point of pride. But she won't. I checked out some of her other sites and she seems to be somewhat self-preening and not very intelligent. I am so glad I found this comment on that site. I will never go back there again and I will make sure none of my clients, or friends with animals go there again.
Poor customer service

Racist, disgusting site, owner allows blatant racism

Anne Moss, the owner and operator of thecatsite.com, allows racist content on her website and won't remove it even after she's been notified. Anne was repeatedly notified of virulently racist comments and behavior by her moderating team, and instead of removing the offending posts and removing the mods responsible, she banned the people who complained about the racist comments. We're not talking about borderline stuff here, we're talking about a site owner who allows users to use the n-word and perpetrate racist stereotypes repeatedly and consistently. Anne Moss clearly cares about one thing -- making ad money from her sites. And if her users are engaging in racist behavior, she allows it to continue because those users are helping drive traffic to her site and helping her make money from ads.

*** yeah and they are full of typical crazy cat ladies literally littering the site all over. It's a *** of a crazy place to waste time in. Even a cat subreddit on Reddit has more sane humans than the joke of a site.

I used to be a member of this site. Probably around 2002-**** range.

I asked for advice ONE TIME on a cat of mine. I was told to take it to the vet ASAP. In fact, I saw so many "take it to the vet ASAP" comments that I decided it was not a place to even ask what cat litter the majority recommended. I did not see any racist comments, but there was certainly a lot of smug patronizing and snooty like behavior on the forums.

What was good for one was not okay for anyone else, etc, etc. It's a collection of people who hoard cats, obsess over their cats and still believe at the end of the day, they are better than you...and that's fine, because we all need our own thing. I harbor no hard feelings towards this site, I just don't visit it anymore. As previously stated, this was a long time ago.

Just saw the reviews and thought I would add my 2 cents. :)

I disagree with the above complaint. I have been a member of TheCatSite.com since 2004 and have NEVER encountered any racist comments.

In fact, the moderators are very strict about posts and all comments are moderated before they are allowed to be posted. In fact, I am willing to use my real name because I am an honest person and stand by my statements.

@PissedConsumer1308884

I agree with Susan Olito. I spent a couple of years on The Cat Site and don't recall racism being tolerated.

I have a close friend that frequents the site and she would never tolerate racism or anti-gay comments. I am not 100% certain but have a hard time believing the people running the site tolerate racism.

View more comments (3)
Poor customer service

Heavy site restrictions, Outdated, run by idiots

Anne Moss runs this *** site as her own little self-adulation therapy. She and her select friends give "advice" on cats, sometimes good but mostly biased. New users or outside advice is treated with disdain and often dismissed. Old crazy cat ladies dolling out advice to newbies. The whole site looks like it was designed in the 90s, with a confusing structure and non-sensical policies that make Facebook look like the most consumer-friendly site ever, which it isn't. Once created, accounts, names or any postings (misspells incl.) cannot be deleted, edited or requested to be removed. It's there forever unless cat master decides it's interfering with her ideology. There are plenty better cat forums on the web, do your research and avoid the politics of this small minded community that is thecatsite.com

These comments are totally absurd! If you don't like the site then don't visit.

It's a free site so it's not as though any fees are charged. How in the world you're finding fault with this site--a site who's sole purpose is to help animals--is beyond me.

@PissedConsumer1241684

First, your alias is ridiculous.

Second, in response to 'if you don't like the site then don't visit.' We're not, ever again. We are commenting on the site to help other people not waste their time.

Third, if the site is as biased and as racist as these negative reviews, including mine, claim, then the sole purpose is not to help animals.

If you have a Phd, use it. Or go back to school and take some classes in logic and critical thinking.

#1207055

Agree. This place is terrible.

The mods are nasty psycho bullies. I was bullied by some piece of shlt mod named norachan.

This place sucks. I'd like to punch those worthless bltches there out

@PissedConsumer1207055

Completely agree:

So I followed her instructions and that is exactly what I did.

I called the posters ignorant, unfortunately which is completely untrue.

@PissedConsumer1296431

Well, I just went back there one last time to review my comments on the thread (vitamin C slam), and it's been completely removed in the last12 hours. I have 15 posts in my profile, and only 3 posts are listed.

So, just take mine and the other reviewers' here word for it, this site is superficially warm and cuddly, but is really awful.

However, *** Ann is a website owner and know how to punch in those html tags to get her site listed as the top site.

So scroll down and do some research, maybe go to page to of your search.

As I said, a lot of good sites/forms still out there.

View more comments (4)
Richmond, British Columbia
The Cat Site Website
Pros
  • All the cute kitty pics
Cons
  • Heavy handed politics
Bad quality

The Cat Site Account Review

The idiots and jerks that run thecatsite.com are trolls low life's and monsters. I posted for some help and my account got banned for no reason. What kind of crazy people moderate this place. Beware bad place

Same

Oviedo, Florida
The Cat Site Account

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article