Got screwed be Rich Thacker

Ordered a bunch of coral from Rich Thacker at "the candy shop". Nothing looked like the pictures and half of it was dead. He refused to refund me or do anything about it. This guy is a complete tool. Stay clear from this place unless you want to get screwed. Photoshopped pictures and terrible service. Don't buy from them! Worst experience ever. F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F F

I have had experiences like described above when buying corals and I can tell you it wasn't when dealing with rich and the candy shop. I have made many purchase with the candy shop and have nothing less than pleased.

Pictures are spot on and not over saturated like most people's pictures. They are 100% accurate and that's what makes me feel 100% comfortable when buying from them. Whenever rich has had to frag me a coral he wouldn't let me take it home until it was fully healed and he knew it was going to thrive in my tank. They aren't like most distributors that just want your money and don't care about the corals.

Not to mention the customer service. The candy shop corals always responds to any and all questions I have within minutes. And don't mind taking extra pictures of corals I'm interested in buying. But it doesn't stop there.

I have been fortunate enough to go and pick up my corals rather than pay shipping charges, and in some cases rich is nice enough to offer to deliver the corals to me when he's in my area. You can't beat service like that.

The quality, selection, and customer service is why I continue to do business with the candy shop vs all the other online retailers. This review couldn't be further from the truth from my own personal experiences as well as many others.

Your maturity in this review gives me an idea that you are the one in the wrong, not the Candy Shop. Maybe if you explained your problem in a more professional like manner people would actually believe your review??

I'll be straight up honest, I've ordered through Rich and the Candy shop and they have done nothing but please me as a customer. I even had a problem once with a dead/dying coral due to -14 degree shipping weather and he was very passionate about helping me out and offering a refund if the coral didn't pull through. In the end, the coral pulled through, every other coral was QUALITY, and every coral was the EXACT CORAL PICTURED making me one pleased customer. Ever think about your lighting??

Makes all the difference in what the coral looks like, hence why businesses specify their lighting when selling (as Rich does). I will always support The Candy Shop and will continue to enjoy the corals that I have received from them.

As a coral seller myself, I will make sure to stay clear of scam artist, drama filled customers like you. Have a nice day sir :) (Every business has "THAT ONE GUY", this is obviously him.)

@PissedConsumer795251

The fact that they shipped your stuff when it was -14 out makes me never want to buy from them. Shows they don't care about the health of your items!

@PissedConsumer803895

I agree 100%, if we would have shipped items at -14 we would have been at fault. Fortunately, this never happened because we didn't do business with this individual.

This review was made by SaltCritters because of a negative review we made on R2R.

It's unfortunate.

@Kathrene Vmr

So the Review is by another company and the response to the review, claiming the company being reviewed is great, is also by the same company. That makes perfect sense. I'm begining to think all of these reviews are made up by The candy shop....

I've done lots of business with Rich and The Candy Shop and know they do pride themselves on customer service as well as quality coral that is priced well below most other places. Whoever wrote this review is quite obviously trying to disparage their name in a blatant and cowardly way.

Review sites are great until they aren't. Hard to say we've never done business with this person because they posted anonymously, however we pride ourselves on quality corals and professional pictures.

If there was a problem with the order this is the first we are hearing of it, which means we weren't given an opportunity to do anything about So called "problem".

I have a feeling this is just an internet trolling though.

View more comments (6)
ID
Greencastle, Indiana

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article