Bar that messes up on your debit & credit cards!

FYI- Warning! There's a bar in Fort Worth TX. That does'nt monitor their employees' activity very well At All! Either that, or they're ripping off unsuspecting customers right along with their staff, & don't give a ***!! -The bar is called 'The Basement Bar', located in Fort Worth, TX. My boyfriend & I went a few times to this bar, & had fun listening to bands they've hired, & enjoyed the Very reasonable prices of their drinks, ect. So we decided to go back on Oct. 4th, 2012---We only spent $34.00 on drinks which was Great, & we happily went home. Well, a few days later, my boyfriend was checking his bank balance online, & was Shocked when a debit purchase in the ammount of $354.00 was posted to his account! It was 'The Basement Bar'! We went straight down to the bar & talked with the owner in person. Todd was very apologetic, comped us a couple beers for our trouble, & called the bartendress that was working on the night of our visit, & she said she caught her mistake that night, & reversed the charge. Todd, the owner, assured us our account would be credited quickly, as he banks at the same branch as we do. O.k.--we were confident that this would be fixed promptly, & were thankful for that, because my boyfriend paid the Rent for our apartment by check, & it deducts from his debit card because his savings account & checking acct are accessible from this card! Well, it took almost 2 Weeks for this Mess to be ''cleared up'', if you could call it 'fixed'....Our Rent check Bounced, so did Every check we wrote out to pay our utilities, groceries @ our local market, ect. My boyfriend was finally notified by the bank 'the $354.00 was Finally put back in his account. $250.00 in late fees & other charges have occurred now. We are Totally Broke, starving, sitting here eating ramen noodles for every meal, which Isn't good, (I've gone down to 89lbs & sick) because my boyfriend is a diabetic, & requires a special diet. Oh, did I mention that he Also Could'nt get his high blood-pressure meds because of this mess?! :«( Yeah, this is Real Bad.. We went Back to The Basement Bar, my boyfriend talked with the Very same bartendress that was working that night, she acknowledged her mistake, apologized for it, & assured us that She & the Owner of the bar would remedy this problem for us ASAP. She took my boyfriend's note written to the owner containing his name, number, & details of what happened, said a similar thing had happened with a customer a few months back...She told us that Todd, the owner was Very good to these customers & helped them immensely by paying the fees, charges, ect., & that she was Sure he'd do the same for us. After he gets back from Vacation!!!!! We have'nt heard a Word from Todd yet--it's been 2 Weeks. I'm ready to call the cops on his ***. Word to the wise--get Cash & pay for All your purchases @ bars, taverns, ect That Way, so you Don't get Screwed Over like We Did!!! Thanks for Nothing, Todd, owner of Basement Bar! We're sitting here starving till the 4th of Nov. when my boyfriend gets his SSI check. You should be Ashamed of yourself taking advantage of people!!!

It breaks my heart that some business owners can be so greedy & heartless!!!

business owners

ID
Fort Worth, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article