Horrible quality, Poor customer service

Spent $400 for 5 days of "acting classes" at The Acting Studio. Definitely NOT worth the money, for such a short, low-quality result. They are horrible at returning correspondences as well. I am pleased to have discovered instead Mary Jo's Performing Arts Academy which was $350 for 2 FULL WEEKS (10 days) of classes and High-quality fun. I can't believe that The Acting Studio can stay in business, when "class acts" such as Mary Jo's are right around the corner. Consumers need to do their homework, instead of just going with the primary results from a search engine. Mary Jo's is at 15906 mapledale Blvd. Tampa, Fl 3362* - 813.969.0240 - mjpaa.com
View full review
3 comments
#1218265

Forgot to add that Mary Jo's ALSO charges the PARENTS / IMMEDIATE FAMILY, to attend their child's final show. While the fee is not unbearable, it IS an insult, in consideration of the steep tuition fee paid.

#1218264

I would like to comment AGAINST Mary Jo's Performing Arts Academy of which the original post spoke so highly. My teen has been attending Mary Jo Scanio's academy, for numerous summers.

Every year, their prices exponentially rise; from $300 to well-over $500 in 2016. It's offensive to charge SO MUCH per child, especially in consideration of the large groups of children that attend .. and mixed ages, might I point out .. which means (1) they are making bank and (2) our kids are NOT getting quality one-on-one training but, rather, general training ..

except for the teacher's long-standing customers. In another example, as of 2016-September, Mary Jo's is offering singing lessons. They are charging a whopping $140 per month for ONLY four quantity 30-minute classes. That's a total of 2 hours PER month at $70 per hour.

And we all know it's next to impossible to get a FULL 30-minutes of training, due to human nature. Point being, there ARE alternatives.

Don't be swindled and charmed by the owner and staff, merely because they love to mention having prior "Broadway" experienced teachers and guests joining our kid's final productions. As you'll see for yourself, it isn't all that they promote, for the steep and rising fees they are demanding.

#1040802

In response to the above review and as owner of the acting studio I would like to address the comments made. We have never in our 14 years of running summer programs charge $400 for a five day class.

Our summer sessions are two weeks long and we are proud to say in the 14 years that we've had them that we've never had anything but wonderful reviews on the children's experiences.we believe in arts education for all all children and we show nothing but respect for other agencies in our area that do the same. We would never be unprofessional enough to promote ourselves while criticizing other institutions.we have a 90% retention rate in our program with the remaining 10% being graduates and children who have to leave due to moving or schedule conflicts. If you would like to come and see for yourself please feel free to visit one of our two locations either on US 41 or on the corner of Hutchison and Ehrlich. Our phone number is 813-679-**** and the first class is always free.

You can also feel free to visit our website at www.theactingstudio.net. Look forward to seeing you!

View more comments (2)
ID
#487677 Review #487677 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Location
Lutz, Florida
Loss
$400

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

  • Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article