Toni W Aep
map-marker Garland, Texas

Not at all what she presents

I dealt with Kathie Williams 11 years ago and bought a puppy from her which was exactly what she said it was. She was just attentive and answered all my questions and was a pleasure to deal with. Today it is like dealing with a totally different person. You send your money i.e. deposit and once she gets that she is done answering your questions. She quotes you one price and then the day before when you touch base with her just so she can verify that the balance is correct it is a different amount because she is added $300 of taxes. Mind you now the puppy is going to be $3000. And guess what? No registration papers at all. The other lady did put a review on here, her story sounds very familiar. I drove all the way to Dallas to get one of her puppies because of the previous experience I have, but I think she is wrong so much that she is more or less a puppy mill. My first puppy was exactly what she told me it would be between five and 6 pounds. This time around she tells me the puppy will be between five and 6 pounds. This must be her standard answer for everyone. Went to the vet today and the vet says she will be about 9 pounds. Now I could understand being a little off but oh no, this is way off. Oh, and then I didnt begin to tell yall about when we came home. Kathie tells me to put yogurt on the kibble to feed her and to count how many kibble I put in there because that way I will know how much she is eating. This puppy was licking off all of the yogurt and not even scratching any of the Kibble. Going home, this puppy was listless. My vet told me that there is no way that this baby was on any kind of food. Kathie told me I didnt need to see a vet for the first month. The vet told me that if I had waited 24 hours even to bring her in that I would have lost her. When I picked her up, Kathie told me all I wouldve liked to have waited and kept her longer, but I trust you. I was thinking Wait a minute you were the one that set the timeframe for when I was to pick her up. I think Kathie just wants to get them out of her place as quick as possible and get that cash. I sent her a message after we came home and asked if my new puppies mother was white in color because my new puppy kept following around my multis like she thought it was her mother. I was just curious. But to this day I have never heard from Kathie Williams. The reason is she has my money and she doesnt have time for me anymore. I went back to this breeder because of her past reputation, but that doesnt exist today, except in fairytale land. I think she is producing way too many puppies that she cannot provide quality care. She wants those puppies out of her home at any cost even their lives. I used to follow her on Facebook and every single week. There are tons of new puppies on there. A little background on us. we are well educated professional people. We also have probably owned 30 registered dogs over our lifetime and are very well-versed in how it is supposed to work. This is not the way she does business today. Hopefully, this review will help someone else.
Pros:
  • Was a great breeder 11 years ago
Cons:
  • Puppy mill
  • Puppies go home not eating
  • Once she has your money

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t purchase puppies from Kathie Williams of Texas teacup puppy

map-marker Sachse, Texas

Texas Teacups is crooked.

Their boutique items are cute. Wildly overpriced, but cute. My review has much more to do with the dogs they sell. I should begin by saying that we have bought many registered animals. Many. Dogs, horses, cows, etc. So, we are not ignorant to how this works. We purchased a dog from them recently. The dog is beautiful. As soon as we get her to a vet, later today, we'll know about her health. We presume that will check out. However, after spending thousands of dollars on this pure bread animal, we are given 30 something pages of small print. In which, we assume, her documentation will be for us to send into AKC. As we said, this is not our first rodeo. We look through the papers, no registration forms. We call, thinking it is a mistake. No, it's not. You paid thousands for this animal, but if you want her paperwork, you'll have to give us another thousand. ($875 to be exact). We call AKC, who notably has never heard of these people. They say that reputable breeders have their litters registered, which is FREE. Then give the papers to the people who buy them. This has been our experience in the past. We told them about the additional money they want. The AKC itself calls this crooked. Crooked and so very wrong. They say that so called breeders who pull this kind of fraud normally do not last long. I hope that is the case here. Naturally, we are already in love with the animal. We can go through the steps to register with AKC on our own, which will only cost $50. But, it will not show her lineage, because that cannot be proven, because the people at Texas Teacups are holding it for ransom. This is an immoral, unprofessional, and dirty practice. Charging a client $875 for something that was free to them. Or would have been. The AKC says none of their litters are registered, nor are the parents. Bearing in mind that the woman there gave us the number to AKC to get her registered ourselves! That was a huge mistake. You have got to be kidding me. The fact that they state the ransom amount as though it's common place for them is more reason that they should be out of business. Your best defense is to contact the AKC when you are thinking of buying. They will point you away from the crooks and to honest reputable breeders. I can tell you, they will NOT send you to Texas Teacups. If you look up Texas Teacup Reviews, you will see many others who have been ripped off.
Loss:
Reason of review:
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: Give us the papers

Guest

Please note. Texas teacups is a different business entirely from Texas teacup puppy.

Your complaint is with Texas teacups Www. Texasteacuppuppy.

Com is a different business than who your are complaining about. It would be great if you checked your review and altered it so as to be accurate.

Guest

I experienced the same problem!

Thanks for the warning.

View more comments (2)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article