They charged $160 for a 2 minute follow up appointment that was completely useless and a waste of my time.

DO NOT GO HERE! COMPLETE SCAM! I went here back in November for a simple clogged ear and wound up paying $450 after they were done with me. They didn't just remove the wax from my ear but they had me do a test to see if there was any liquid behind my eardrum and had me do a hearing test. I am just a college student and didn't realize that every test they perform is going to cost over a hundred dollars. Since they realized that I was young they tried to extort money from me without ever telling me about the prices behind these tests and scheduled a follow-up visit two weeks later to do a hearing test to extort more money out of me. I show up two weeks later for the test and find out that I owed them all of the money and went ahead and payed it since I already fell for their scam. I looked at the bill and saw that they charged $180 for the hearing test and another $145 for the liquid behind the eardrum test so I was really pissed off that they would screw me over like that without telling me how much these tests would cost. I go into the exam room and the doctor comes in to check my mouth, nose, and ears; and tells me that everything looks good and to keep taking allergy pills. He never gave me another hearing test which I didn't want to anyways because I'm not going to pay another $180. The entire interaction lasted less than 2 minutes and was completely worthless. I get a bill in the mail on January 13th saying I owe $160 for the 2 minutes the doctor spent with me and the bill is due on January 17th. I give them a call to dispute the charge and they say that going to the doctor is going to cost money and it's not free. In the end, I'm now out $610 for a simple clogged ear because I let them do tests on my ear and schedule a follow-up visit without telling me how absurd their prices were going to be. If you go to this office, plan on getting ripped off big time since they feel they can charge whatever they like and *** you into taking all of these absurd tests. I have had my ear clogged before and had a Houston ENT fix it for $60. I would not recommend this office to my worst enemy.
ID
College Station, Texas
Cons
  • How they scam everyone
  • Over priced bill
  • Lack of customer support
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article