They Killed my DOG!!!

DON T TAKE YOUR PET HERE!!!! We live in a small town and my dog's regular vet was 15 minutes away, and it seemed my dogs back legs were getting progressively worse with possible arthritis. I made an appointment with the local vet whom happens to be less than a block away since I have such a hectic schedule. They emailed me the paper work and I told the receptionist that my boyfriend was approved to use my care credit card to pay for the x-rays. She stated I needed two ID's but it would be ok. I never gave any other approval for anything else. My boyfriend was to take my dog and I was to be on speaker phone for the exam, well that was the plan any way. I was called by my boyfriend the first time to tell me it was a drop off appointment only, I was somewhat concerned since we have never done this and it was just for x-rays. I then got another call at work from my boyfriend at 12:29pm and was told that the bill was $437.00! I was shocked since I approved x-rays and never had paid that much before. But not being able to do anything about this since I was at work I maxed out my Care Credit Card on top of dipping into my rent money. When I got home that night my dog was not himself at all. He seemed dazed, confused, walking to his right in circles, running and staring into walls. He did not even react to my voice when I called him (Which is not like him at all) I called the doctor that night and was highly concerned. He stated it was normal for dogs to be this way after being sedated and little dogs tend to take this harder and he should come out of it in a couple days. I did not think to question him on the sedation as of yet simply because I was so worried about my baby. Three days later the vets assistant called to check on him, I stated he is still the same and now he is pooping and peeing himself. She said she would have the doctor look at him but to at least give it a couple more days. During this time, we were up sometime all night because my dog was crying uncontrollably and shaking because he was scared (from what we had no clue). I then looked over the bill and realized not only did they sedated my dog without my approval for Xrays, but also gave him 5 other shots that I was not ever once asked to approve. My dog is around ten years old and I did go to vet school for some time and not saying I am any were near a doctor but I have my beliefs. They gave him a three year rabies shot, combined with 4 other shots, in my opinion combo shots is not ok especially with a 3 year rabies shot! Why would you give a dog with no teeth rabies shot in the first place! On top of that when I had talked with the doctor about my concerns with my dog he stated my dog had at least one more season left in him. Again rabies shot why? I understand it's the law but I should have had a say on it and I would have asked to give him a one year and we would come back after 4 weeks for the rest of the shots. But again, I was not called for any of this. I then started calling asking why I was not called for approval on the sedation and shots. I got the run around for two days and then when I talked with the receptionist she stated I signed a contract. I told her I had the contract sitting in front of me and all it said was my dog needed to be update on shots before he gets treated. Nothing on this said they had the right not to call me for any approval of procedures they do with my dog! That's like dropping a child off at the hospital and saying "Have at it I will pick it up later! That was on a Friday, not even two weeks after they "treated" my dog. Monday the 11th my dog had to be put down because he was brain dead on the right side of his brain due to lack of oxygen and or possible stroke while under sedation, and that he pretty much was existing not living. Since then I have talked with other locals and they have said their experiences have been somewhat similar to mine. Dont EVER go here!

now they are seeking legal advice of "Slander". There is no slander BUT THE TRUTH!

This is a great cop-out! Way to hold themselfs accountble for their HUGE mitake.

I seriously hope they do. I will continue to tell people the truth of how people put trust of their pets in this business hands, and they get not only their heart broke buttaken advantage of!

Wow...I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a 'member of the family'.

If you truly want to go after this vet, you need to open up a small claims action. Nothing will bring your dog back, but sounds like they at least owe you back what you were charged.

Good luck.

Good luck.

View more comments (2)
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

About

Summary

Tenino Veterinary Clinic is located in Tenino, WA. The company is intended to provide custom medical care to animals. It offers Preventive Care services which include Wellness Examinations, Vaccinations, Parasite Control, Dental Care, and Nutritional Consultation. Among Medical Care services offered by the company there are Primary Care coughing,skin problems, Urgent Care vomiting, lacerations, and Intensive Care neonatal through geriatric. Such Diagnostics as Digital Radiography, In-house Serum Chemistry and In-house Diagnostics are available. Tenino Veterinary Clinic offers surgery services.

Tenino Veterinary Clinic reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article