Most temp agencies should be shut down or regulated

I was astounded about all the complaints about Aertoek. I am currently signed up with Aerotek. I have not had any problems with them yet. But I wanted to convey my thoughts about the temp industry in general. This is going to be a bold statement. But most temp agencies should be shut down or tightly regulated. I have had problems with agencies in the past also. For example: 1. misrepresenting job descriptions 2. You show up for a job the first day only to discover that they placed you in a different job 3. Temp agency client terminates you, then you can' retrieve your personal belongings. 4. Lying about parking fees 5. Trying to obstruct your unemployment insurance There are a few good temp agencies. But most of them are little more than human traffickers. In Europe, they regulate temp agencies because of the same abuses we see in this country. Temp agencies is part of all the corporate injustice that we see today. It just perpetuates a class of under-employed uninsured workers. In the old days, employers were forced to hire you permanently, and they had to give you time to learn the job. Now you can't get a job without going through an agency. Now a temp agency client can get rid of you for no reason before you have been given a fair chance.

I strongly agree with you. They all need to be closely monitored by the US Department of Labor.

The employment laws may be different depending on what state you live in. I live in Ohio and have been working for temp employment staffing agencies off and on since 2011. I have had nothing but horrible experiences with them and because of that I have major financial problems. Recently I got injured on a job I worked at for 10 months as a temp, and even though the ER DR approved for me to go back to work right away, I am still not working.

The client of this agency does not want me back. Why? The agency has been lying to me about the whole ordeal. I have spoke to 2 employment attorneys about this situation and not getting anywhere with this.

I was recently referred to another attorney and am going to call him. When you work as a contingent worker you do not have any rights. When you voice your concern about any mistreatment, misconduct, them violating the Fair Labor Laws Act, they will lie, lie, lie, their way out of it. In most cases the State Department of Labor sides with them.

More industries of many career sectors are using them. This is the new job trend of the 21st century. Very disturbing!! Can't find full time employment.

People need to live and support their families so they register with these ***, hoping they will help them. Something really needs to be done.

I think temp agencies should be tightly regulated and I mean tightly. Here in southwest Indiana they are used heavily.

We have an automotive plant and the other company owners from their country keep using full time temps for the same positions day after day and year after year. The jobs on the whole are awful. Its very hot in the summer, enough to make people sick and over heat, also dirty, fast paced. The permanent workers talk to temps like their animals.

The agencies here like work release people because they know these people are trapped and don't want to sit in jail hour after hour. I've seen and heard them talk to these people like they are made of gold and I guess they are.

But after awhile your average person on these jobs are let go and told they've hired too many only to find out later they brought others in. Our economy will not recover on temp agencies.

View more comments (1)
ID
Casa Grande, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article