Verified Reviewer

They tried to rip me off

Tello is *** I tried them because their plans affordable and included free international calls. I paid them over $100 for a certified refurbished phone and got a POS worth $30 with previous owner data and unusable unremovable apps. They refused to send what I paid for or send a phone of equal value. I complained so THEY CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT! I was only with them for 2 weeks. Calls drop or don't ring, texts don't s send, customer services sucks and it's in South America, I think Bolivia. It may be cheap but IT'S NOT WORTH IT! Lots of complaints on other forums.

User's recommendation: Don't use Tello!

ID
Pros
  • Possibility to save money on affordable plans
Preferred solution
investigation for fraud, attempted theft, and the company forced to close

Verified Reviewer

Fraud

Update by user May 08, 2021

Since my original issue Tello Mobile has refused to give me my refund. I have reported them to the Georgia Department of Consumer Affairs and begun the search for an attorney.

Original review posted by user Apr 04, 2021
I signed up for Tello Mobile because I was explicitly told that all call centers were in the U.S., that if I ever needed customer support, I wouldn't be transferred to another country. I was told this directly while on the phone with them. So a few weeks ago, after receiving a series of harassing calls, I got on the line with customer service and asked them to trace the numbers for me. The girl on the other end of the line couldn't speak English, and thought that I said I was getting calls from "boost mobile" because I said I was getting calls "from a spoofed number." I corrected her several times, but she refused to help me to trace the number. I asked for someone else, only to be passed to another rep who couldn't speak English. So I asked where the call centers were located, and they told me Bolivia. I explained what I was told about the call centers being located in the U.S., and they denied that I was even told that. So I got on the BBB website and filed a claim, and their response was more of denying that I was told that, as well as blatantly lying about other things I said while on the phone with customer service. I have demanded a refund of all money paid, as I would not have signed up for the service were I not lied to about it.

User's recommendation: Avoid them. They'll lie to get your money, then lie *about you* to protect their own reputations.

ID
Cons
  • Lied about service
  • Lied about my claims when reported to bbb
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article