Avoid this company!

Update by user Dec 04, 2014

By the way, this company are called "Opt Out UK". They make you think that they are the Telephone Preference Service but I don't think they are. They need reporting to the authorities.

Update by user Dec 04, 2014

Tried to write an old fashioned letter, but their welcome letter doesn't contain any address in the letterhead. Only shady companies with things to hide block all THREE ways of communication! So, it looks like I wasted my money and will never get my complaint resolved!

Original review posted by user Nov 10, 2014
You can't reach them to complain. They don't answer the phone and emails are rejected. Below was my complaint letter that will never get to them! You can see from this, why they are to be avoided! Dear Opt Out, PLEASE ESCALATE MY COMPLAINT TO A MANAGER. I received your revised instructions for my call blocking device. You sent this because the manufacturers instructions were totally unclear. I have tried to follow your own instructions instead. Despite telling you which phone system I had before confirming my order, your device doesn't work with it! I just tried to phone you and got the ridiculous message to call back. Then you hung up. What kind of service is that? I would also say that the nuisance calls continue! All I can do is block the nuisance calls where a number is displayed, which isn't many! There are only 20 that I was able to block, yet I paid your company to stop this constant hassle. I originally ordered the previous device and was given the spiel that you had upgraded me for free. In my opinion the previous device where the caller had to simply enter a "5" if a real person, would have worked for me. I wouldn't still be getting all the nuisance calls! Why didn't I get the device I ordered? Summary of Complaint - Can't call you to discuss this, as you give out a ridiculous message and hang up every time. - Upgraded to the wrong device by your sales staff - There was no need to do that. - Current device doesn't work with my BT Graphite Phone System. I can't even change the date from 2012 to 2014. - The Nuisance Calls continue. - Your device can only block calls after they have caused a nuisance already. The enter "5" device means you don't get any nuisance calls, only if a real sales person is *** and pushy. There aren't many of those, as most calls are automated. Conclusion I am totally unhappy and would like you to comment on this situation, giving me a solution to being mis-sold the existing solution that is obviously not workable. It won't technically work with my phone system and is not at all practical or suitable to do the job. I was sold a system where a real person entered "5" and was put through and also added to a safe caller list. That's the only one that will work for me, as it won't put through all the rest of the automated calls. With that system I would get peace and quiet. With your upgraded system all I get is the constant hassle still. Why doesn't going on your opted out list work? Thanks in advance for your early attention to this matter. Yours faithfully, John R. Knight
ID
Whitefield, England
Cons
  • Hopeless
Reason of review
Can't talk or email to complain
Loss
Preferred solution
Send the equipment originally ordered.
Junior Reviewer

Things to do to stop unethical practices by lead generation companies

In the age of cut throat competition, every business is trying their best to rope in more customers. But in order to do so, some companies are forgetting the basic business ethics resulting in some unethical practices that are affecting both their customers and people in general. For example, some of the lead generation companies in the United Kingdom are using a method called "˜sugging' to sell things to unsuspecting people. In sugging the callers disguise as researchers and carry out marketing call. Some of the lead generation companies are even invading people's privacy. They are including the contact data of people who have already opted for Telephone Preference service(TPS) to opt out of marketing calls in their database. As a result people who have opted out of marketing calls are getting marketing calls all over again from the companies who buy contact data from these lead generation companies. Phruit Limited is an apt example. The company used to portray itself as the industry leader in lead generation and was a member of prestigious Direct Marketing Association (DMA). However, the company is found involved in a few unethical practices. In an investigation by DMC, that was triggered by a single complaint, it was found that Phruit broke the following DMA provisions:-"¢ Provisions 21.18 and 21.20 on TPS compliance and data cleansing"¢ Provision 3.11 under which Phruit must have a responsibility towards compliance by suppliers "¢ Provision 3.18 on "sugging" or carrying out sales and marketing in disguise of researchBased on the findings of this investigation the Direct Marketing Association suspended Phruit from its membership. Without a hesitation, this suspension was a fitting punishment. However, as you can see all these started from a single complaint by a commoner, you too can stop such unethical practice. If you know someone who is getting marketing calls even after opting for TPS, ask them to find the reason behind the same and lodge a complaint against those callers right away. They can also post their complaints on various online complaint boards and can even comment on complaints that are already existing. They can even post the phone numbers of social networking platforms like Facebook or Twitter to let people know about the incident. If you know the company then you can go to their FB page and lodge complaint there! This will alert more people and put a pressure on the company to not practice such things. In case they have received calls from Phruit Limited then they can contact them at:- Phruit LimitedThe Barn Huddlestone's Wharf Newark Nottinghamshire Ng24 4ul Phone:- 0844 41 4* 741 The mails can be addressed to Phil Lightfoot, director, Phruit Limited. In case you or your acquaintances have been a victim of "sugging" or have got marketing calls in guise of research, you can also opt for some other measures. When you get a so called "˜research call', ask the telecaller whether they will sell your personal details to a third party. And you can choose to end the call right at the moment you feel that the telecaller is trying to sell you some product or service. After that, do not forget to lodge your complaint and disclose the number on various online platforms. This will be a fitting punishment for such companies. Shaun Aster voices his opinions against any unethical practices taking places around him. He is keenly interested in consumers' right and tries to alert people about the unethical practices by reputed companies like Phruit Limited.
ID
Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article