Unhappy

Honestly, I regret purchasing her class. For one, the content is available a limited amount of time even though YOU PAID FOR IT. Then she tried grifting another $30 to buy extended access, which was only another 2-3 weeks. What the heck is that about?? There are far better courses out there. Not to mention the "live streams" weren't stable at all, and basically I walked away with the motion that she's new to this herself. Honestly, she should stick to just trading herself, not teaching.
Round Rock, Texas

Awful

There are better free courses rather than paying 2000 for a course where no one has experience in trading options outside of crossing EMAs. Tela makes money from the courses, not necessarily from trading. The coaches are people whom first introduction to trading came from her course. So, no mention of how to use Greeks to your advantage to maximize profits, nor trading using the news that affect trades. Its just awful, and there are better value courses by more experienced traders.

User's recommendation: Search for better courses.

Palmetto, Georgia

DON'T DO IT

No help besides asking questions in a Facebook group. Only to be told to go listed to old calls from years ago or look at videos. I must admit her marketing skills are good but don't fall for it!

User's recommendation: Do not waste your time energy and most importantly money!

ID
Cons
  • Ride or die program
Preferred solution
Full refund

Horrible Customer Service

Ms. Tela's program is nothing more than a big clique, either you are in or you're out. Soon as you sign-up you need to get an accountability partner and you learn from them. Please don't ask a question you will get shot down by the community especially the admin. In order to move to a new module, you must show your work so the admins can copy your thoughts and plans. The support is horrible unless you are a woman, a waste of money trying to support a Black Business.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase.

Edison, New Jersey
Product
Tela Holcomb Trade Your 9 To 5 Course
Pros
  • Interesting concept
Cons
  • Too mcu up-sale
  • Ride or die program
  • Rudeness

Verified Reviewer

Don’t Buy!!!!

I bought the course in 2017 and I regret it so much. Its so hard to follow, total confusion. No refunds!!! I have yet to see or hear of anyone being able to quit their 9to5s after purchasing and actually having success. I honestly believe she does not make money trading stocks. She and her colleagues makes money by selling that outdated course. You live and learn!
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Horrible experience

Update by user Jun 29, 2020

Last update: I tried to edit my original review, hopefully it goes through but I’m not offering course information. I also can not sell anything.

I had to take a huge L on this. This was a learning experience and I hope that I can prevent loss from happening to others. There’s others in the comments that have expressed their views on the program and I believe there’s more reviews out there as well now.

My advice is look elsewhere, if you need a specific system to help you trade then maybe this helps although I doubt it or there’d be more legit good reviews about the course. And the person running it wouldn’t be so stingy about refunds, since she could gain money from trading and not from selling overpriced courses.

Update by user Jul 15, 2019

UPDATE: apparently the program is not for beginners but those who already understand trading. It’s not a course on trading, it’s a course on her system she uses for trading.

Which honestly makes a lot more sense. She does say that it can be used for beginners on her site but I would advise against that. I’ve had others tell me that they also find it confusing. Tela herself is basically asking that if you don’t understand that you can find out elsewhere or ask in her Facebook group.

For the amount of money spent and the way she markets it as a course to learn trading AND her system, I’d think I wouldn’t have to supplement from Google. But maybe that helps others make a more informed choice. I’ll provide screenshots of convo about this later. She says how this isn’t for beginners and then when I’m like oh!

That’s why I don’t get it! She says I’m wrong and it is. ♀️ Either I just don’t understand how she communicates or she’s mismarketing this so she can get as many people as possible to sign up. Others have commented that they don’t see other reviews, I didn’t either.

It’s the only reason I decided to even make a review.

I feel a lot of her actions are suspicious and the lack of reviews are as well. You’d think her and her students would be more forthcoming especially if it’s such a great program where you can make tons of money.

Original review posted by user May 10, 2019
I found out about her Trade your 9-5 program about stock trading. I really wanted to learn about this and had recently finished a similar program by someone else that focused on learning how to invest. That program went so well, I was excited to learn trading but that person didn’t offer anything on it. I research Trade your 9-5 and Tela Holcomb to see any reviews. There weren’t any at all that wasn’t sponsored by her. So there’s a few but only highly rated via her Facebook and YouTube where certain students made videos. I was a little nervous because her program is extremely expensive. It’s $2,000. I haven’t come across a program that expensive. The ones I’ve done online are usually a few hundred or less and all of them have a trial period. And trust me, I’ve done a lot of online programs because I love to learn and don’t mind spending the money for it as long as I get something out of it. I figured I’d take a shot, surely something so expensive has a way that you can back out and get at least part of your money back. I was wrong. The program was confusing and disorganized. I had a hard time following. I emailed her explaining this to her and even saying it’s probably me because I have ADHD (although, I’ve never had this issue with any other online course). I asked if I would be able to get my money back. I wish I kept the email to show you how rude her assistant was. Basically the tone of the email was “no, it’s on her site that you should have looked at, there’s no refunds” the end. No trying to help or find solutions, no empathy, I didn’t even get a sorry you’re not happy with the program, nothing. I was pretty pissed. I put that aside and tried again once I cooled off. I reached out to Tela personally via Facebook Messenger, which is actually against the guidelines but I figured she has to have a heart about this. She gets $2,000 per person who signs up and has many students. She also does in person teachings that are thousands more. Surely she has the money and understanding that most of us don’t to be able to give me back some portion of my money knowing that I dislike the course and can not use it. No. She refused. I added photos to show this exchange. She was at least much nicer about it than her admin. However, I still have an issue with the fact that she does not allow refunds. You’ll see in the photos, the reason for this is because the materials are immediately available when you sign up. However, there’s a marker for how far in the program you’ve gone and again, ever single online course I’ve taken has all materials there up front but still offer refunds. Usually as long as you cancel within the first week. It’s so crazy to me that there’s no budging on this. There’s no reason to have the course that much money and there’s no reason to not give refunds. I’m trying to make people aware who may want to join her course. If you do not have the money, don’t do it. Wait until you have an extra $2,000. Or at least just be aware that it may not be helpful to you and you’ll be out that money. There needs to be more reviews not from her. I can’t be the only one displeased with her course or her policies.
#2083672

Hello I’m not sure if your offer still stand but I would like to review her course my email is rolandasimmonsjenkins@***.com

#2007588

I agree with you. I wish there were more honest reviews out there so I would not have lost over thousands of dollars!

There is no help besides asking questions in a Facebook group and told to listen to old recordings and videos. Defiantly not worth the money.

#1971464

I also regret paying for this course but it's my fault for not researching more about investing in stocks. I realize long-term investing is the better route and this 9-to-5 course technique is a complete gamble.

#1948264

What is your email address. I also wouldn't mind purchasing.

Your feedback and update are very much appreciated. I am glad I did my due diligence.

Reading through the thread and repeated request to share free information someone has spent their money on...to a degree I understand the no refund policy. More importantly, the course not being suitable for a novice...I'd be up *** creek.

In listening to her, she does not market the course as such. Also, am concerned with the infinite number of reviews and those seem biased

Thank you for your input. I'll err on the side of caution and hold off on purchasing this course since it is not for someone who is a novice.

I would like to see course material too if willing to share. Email: pldaniels26@***.com

I was thinking of signing up too but there's not a lot of review except the ones she have on her youtube account. I would like to see some of the course materials if you're still willing to share.

I'll even give you money in exchange for the courses. My email is ffmay24@***.com

I was thinking of trying her course and as I was looking for reviews I did notice they were all from her students. If you are serious about using yours I would definitely want to see what I'm getting myself into first. I don't have $2000 to throw away!

Hello! I would like to see some of the course materials if you’re willing to share?

Thank you! Email: brice4@***.com

View more comments (76)
Product
Tela Holcomb Trade Your 9 To 5 Course
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article