Tejas Elite Canine Practiced without a State License and Team Leader Arrested
Update: Tejas Elite Canine Team Leader Kevin Patrick Laing arrested on 08/15/2013 (Guadalupe County Jailing ID #129295) for engaging in activity W/O required certificate or license.(No license to sell or train canines or to perform investigations). According to DPS records Tejas Elite Canine has not been licensed to conduct business until 12/30/2013. Anyone who has purchased a canine or conducted business with Tejas Elite Canine, prior to December 30, 2013 has done business with an unlicensed company (according to DPS records) and can be liable under penal code section 1702 of the Occupations Code. There are plenty of reputable licensed companies that sell and train police canines. Make sure that you ask to see proof that the company you are doing business with is licensed by DPS, DPS Controlled Substance Division, DEA, and or the ATF.

Hello,

This is Kevin Laing and I normally don't respond to these types of allegations, however, I feel the need to address what has been said by this individual, who is not a customer of ours but instead our competitor. Obviously this person has a lot of time on his hands to write on this site, which is for pissed “consumers” not competitors.

I do not have that kind of time because I am busy training high quality dogs under a fully licensed business. I have reached out to every single one of my customers during the above stated dates and not one customer returned a dog. They were highly satisfied with the quality dogs they received from us.

This case was dismissed and no convictions were made.

There was no evidence of wrongdoing by Tejas Elite Canine or Kevin Laing.

If this competitor of ours had a good reputation, he would not have to bad mouth our business or any other business.

In closing, I will let my dogs and my training abilities speak for themselves.

Thank you, Kevin Laing Owner Tejas Elite Canine

@PissedConsumer979685

As a K-9 Professional who has not only visited Kevin and his facility in San Marcos, TX, and as an investigator who has identified and singled out phony and fraudulent trainers who were producing incompetent and defective detection dogs to the law enforcement K-9 community, I can affirm to all that Tejas Elite K-9, Kevin Liang, and his staff are 200% Legitimate. Further, his training facility is top-notch, his K-9's are trained and certified to exceed all U.S.

Government standards.

Further, I have personally handled Explosive Detection K-9's he has produced while on assignment in Galveston, TX, and after personally evaluating his dogs, I can honestly report to the K-9 Community that I have FULL CONFIDENCE that his dogs are on-point and would trust their abilities implicitly.

I came across this page while looking for Kevin's webpage and I must say that I am APPALLED at this blatant attempt to malign Kevin's reputation and the reputation of Tejas Elite K-9 and its dogs.

This is clearly a childish act of someone's jealousy and should not be tolerated for a second!

To everyone reading this - rest easy when dealing with Kevin Liang and Tejas Elite K-9 they are a 5-Star organization, and please feel free to contact me for a personal reference.

Jared.Ring@***.US

View more comments (1)
ID
Montpelier, Vermont

Tejas Elite Canine Practicing without a State License and Team Leader Arrested

Update: Tejas Elite Canine Team Leader Kevin Patrick Laing arrested on 08/15/2013 (Guadalupe County Jailing ID #129295) for engaging in activity W/O required certificate or license. (No license to sell or train canines or to perform investigations). According to DPS records Tejas Elite Canine has not been licensed to conduct business until 12/30/2013. Anyone who has purchased a canine or conducted business with Tejas Elite Canine, prior to December 30, 2013 has done business with an unlicensed company (according to DPS records) and can be liable under penal code section 1702 of the Occupations Code. There are plenty of reputable licensed companies that sell and train police canines. Make sure that you ask to see proof that the company you are doing business with is licensed by DPS, DPS Controlled Substance Division, DEA, and or the ATF.
ID
La Grange, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article