Lumber liquidators gave warped wood flooring

Teak Wood flooring we bought from Lumber liquidators all pieces were warped,bowed and of inferior quality. Which my contractor discovered after installing about 8 rows and inspecting all 18 boxes of the flooring. This was Belawood with a 50 year warranty, and suppossed to be the best. After much persuasion they agreed to exchange it for Koa wood. They told my wife that they could sell it to some one else. They had to order the Koa wood from another warehouse. It took 5 days to receive. Time that my contractor had to wait because he came from out of town. One of the boxes sent was the wrong width flooring. I had to purchase another box to exchange later and get my money back. Over 1/2 the box (30)pieces were severely damaged. They were unwilling to give me credit for a partial box so I had to put in some good pieces from another box in it. Poor quality merchandise and poor cuctomer service.

The warranty and installation instructions state the installation should be stopped if a product concerns discovered. The warping described is not a factory concern, but most likely the result of improper storage or even a issue when being transported.

Bellawood is a premium line of flooring, so we regret to hear this happened and we will offer it up for sale as an ODD LOT. Some contractors can cut off undesirable boards to install a floor at a much lower price as the entire lot is generally not considered waste. I cannot comment on the return because I wasn't there and your impression only tells one side of the story, so we empower store employees to make educated decisions to help a customer in situations like this, while rare, we understand product concerns may require some solutions and it looks like we've acted responsibly to help get the project done. The contractor waiting is not ideal, but this would be the case with other project needs if the item wasn't readily available and speaks to the frustration of home remodeling projects.

The only reason the store would not give credit for partial boxes would be if you failed to return a full box installed, or not as a defect must be proven because consumers can change their mind due to color, so we don't allow such credits without all the material, in fact other companies require the same. Sorry this happened and hope all goes well with the rest of the project.

ID
Phoenix, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article