Recent Experience

Whole website and system is a giant run-round... You literally have to sit and wait for 20 minutes for them to ACT like you're going to get to talk to a person FINALLY address the case at hand, but they just disconnect you... Have ANY of you actually used this stupid call system or the website? They are completely useless you want anything other than really basic information.

User's recommendation: I can understand why people are throwing bricks through windows... But just keep hassling them until someone who gets the job actually gives a hoot; wade through the phone system bs until you find an option or person to talk to.

ID
Loss
$1935
Preferred solution
Full refund

IRS's Taxpayer Advocate Dis-service is a big fat joke

I filed in February. It's May 2nd and STILL NO REFUND. I begged the TaxPayer Advocate to expedite my refund given I am on a fixed income and needed the money to help fix my mobility scooter or replace it. My pleas for help fell on deaf ears. The *** I spoke to said I didn't qualify for an expedited refund. So, here I sit, with NO money and no way to fix or replace my scooter. *** jerks are doing this to people on purpose. They delayed my refund last year and are doing the same again. I'm not the only one who's being treated like this by those bastards. Do NOT contact the TaxPayer Advocates! They don't help us little people. They just help delay your refund. If you beg for your money they will make you wait even longer. *** *** would do the same to their own mother if they could get away with it.

EVERYTIME I call,I get voicemail.This place is a joke.

@PissedConsumer1462657

Always a voicemail never calls back it’s a massive joke it’s now a week from September I filed in April after calling and dealing with the irs since June I get sent to these guy no phone call and he will not return my calls

View more comments (1)
ID
Mexico, New York
Service
Taxpayer Advocate Service Legal Service
Cons
  • Like to make poor people suffer
  • Cruel
  • Thieves
Reason of review

To read more: https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-help/incorrect-return
Top Taxpayer Advocate Service Services

Legal Service

Taxpayer Advocate Service Pros and Cons

Cons: Thieves, Cruel

Summary

Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the Internal Revenue Service which specializes in tax problems. The company was founded in 1976. Its headquarters is based in Washington, District of Columbia, USA. There are also offices across the United States. Taxpayer Advocate Service serves individuals and businesses. The company helps with the following issues: identity theft, choosing a tax return preparer, extensions, incorrect return, and health care premium tax credit. It offers Taxpayer Advocacy Panel and Low Income Taxpayer Clinics programs. Taxpayer Advocate Service submits annual reports to Congress. The visitors of Taxpayer Advocate Service website can post suggestions about tax reform. The company accepts credit cards.

Taxpayer Advocate Service reviews and complaints

Taxpayer Advocate Service is ranked 146 out of 1133 in Governmental Organizations and Politics category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article