Tarrific Detroyed our driveway and tried to rip us off for $1800.00

We hired Mr. Belcher owner of TAR-RIFIC expand our driveway and re-tar it. He gave us a price of $1800.00 (plus tx) for 700 square feet. Mr. Belcher only poured under 300 square feet of tar and made a total mess of the job. HE ALSO PAVED OVER OUR SPRINKLERS! I DID STOP payment of the second check of $960.00 because he did not preform the work he promised. Mr. Belcher said he would come back and fix the job but DEMANDED another $650 for gas, materials and labor! We have called another Asphalt Company to re-do the entire driveway for another $1800.00. I have contacted Mr. Belcher and asked him to refund our money.... he has threaten to have me arrested for a bad check. I explained to him that it was not a bad check, it was a stop payment. I then told him that I would take him to court and he asked me not to. He is un-licensed and I want it on record that he is not trust worthy before he does this to someone else. TO TOP IT OFF HE TARRED OVER OUR SPRINKLER SYSTEM! Mr. Belcher has sent us a letter STATING that he would reimburse us the $960.00 by November 30, 2009 ... to date (Feb. 4th, 2009) he has still not sent the money and REFUSES to return our calls. He HIDES behind a post office box (for his business address)and has been sent a summons from the court by me and it was returned!I recived a letter from the BBB stating that He refuses mail from the Better Business Bureau. He is located in Dingmans Ferry Pennslyvania.
ID
East Brunswick, New Jersey

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article