map-marker Portland, Oregon

Bad service

I am writing to you to voice my frustration with the Tan Republic in Salem Oregon located on Lancaster Dr. I called on 12/7/23 to cancel my membership and was advised I needed to email tanrepublic@***.com stating I wanted to cancel.

The girl also said I called just in time and to send the email that day so I wouldn't get charged for the month of January. I sent the email as soon as we got off the phone that day. I then received an email on January 15th (over a month later) stating they needed my full name and DOB. It was at that time I noticed I was still charged for the month of January.

I emailed back on 1/17/24 with that information and asked to be reimbursed for the month of January. I did not hear back so I called 1/19/24 and spoke to a girl who said she would text her manager and asked me to send another email. I did as she suggested and sent another email. Fast forward almost 2 weeks later I still had not received an email or a call.

I called again 1/28/24 and was told by another employee that she would text her manager. I received no phone call or email with a follow up. I then called again 1/31/24, and the same thing happened, the employee said she would text her manager. This time, I asked when her manager works and was told she works mornings.

Come 9 am today I still had no email and no call. I called in asking to speak to Macey who I was told was the manager. She said " I see the account is still active" I then went on to tell her how many times I have emailed and called with no response and that I was extremely frustrated. Her response to me was " I need you to calm down and take a deep breath, I do not do well when people are showing frustration towards me".

I found this to be very unprofessional and only more aggravating considering my situation. She then said that I was charged for January because I did not send the email in time. She said I sent the email 12/12/23 and that she is "canceling my membership now" . I was so angry all I could say was "that is all I wanted.

After ending the call I looked into my email and confirmed I sent it before the 12th as I mentioned above I sent it on 12/7/23. I also have in my bank records that they have taken out money every month on the 6th, except for August 2023 and January 2024 where they took it out on the 7th in which case this means I did cancel at the correct time in order to not get charged for January. I feel as though this manager should be held acceptable.

The communication on behalf of your manager was terrible, resulting in payments that should have not been taken out and I would like to be reimbursed for the month of January. If you would like me to attach my many emails with the dates, I would be happy to do so.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

-Chelsea Clark

Khristayl N

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Portland, Oregon

Charges. I contacted them to stop 2 months ago!

Tan Republic - Charges. I contacted them to stop 2 months ago!
I keep getting charged. Ive called. Gone in emailed like i was told. I will be disputing every charge for the last 3 years and filing a complain with BBB as well as poatong on line about thisshit. Make it *** stop NOW! or i will asl file a claim in small claims court.

User's recommendation: Do not go to tan republic.

Chiara Cex
map-marker Beaverton, Oregon

I was double charged on my account

I went to close my account at North location, but door were shut down and permanently closed. So I called each one including corporate offices, but nobody could further close my account for a closed account! One gentle man was very nice and owner of his location but couldn't help me ugh very frustrating never again will I go there.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Get thorough information from owner of salon u sign up at

Payton B Oun
map-marker Salem, Oregon

I was double charged on my account

I live in Corvallis Oregon and I have a membership with tan republic. I was charged on 3/20 for my membership in Corvallis which doesn't make sense because my withdraw date is on the 5th of every month. I noticed I was also charged on 4/6 in Salem Oregon, and I do not know why. I would like my money back considering I don't tan in Salem Oregon.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article