Where the *** are you going to find lower prices? In my humble experience, nowhere.

I buy gold numismatic (collector, or limited mintage; not bullion) coins from Talisman on a regular basis, and know for a fact that they ALWAYS have the lowest price in the market. They are ALWAYS lower than the mints themselves, at least upon initial release. That's why I try to buy quickly and get in on the ground floor, before they sell out and the prices go out. It's better than missing out, which I hate.
Fair pricing

Poor investment coins recommended as “Investment Opportunity”

Purchased several coins or sets Canadian & Australia 4-5 years ago as investment opportunity coin with a hold of 2-5 years. They waffle and shy away from buying back when time comes to sell back. Stay away from this dealer for investment recommendations as they fall short of breaking even with stronger gold/silver market than when purchased. Better to buy US coins from dealers that have good buy back Polices.

Since when are dealers obligated to acquiesce to the preposterous demands of the lunatic fringe? (It's a rhetorical question - they're not.) Does your stockbroker "buy back" stocks at the prices you demand?

NO! The market sets the prices, and you may sell them back into the market at a profit or a loss - as determined by the market. Charles Schwab and Merrill Lynch (for you, old-timer) don't buy your stocks back - they broker them back into the market. Duh.

Is real estate always sold at a profit? No, prices fluctuate based on supply and demand. That's why it's called a "market economy". Duh.

I talked with Talisman Coins about your so-called review, and they suggested that your knowledge of numismatics in particular, and investments in general, is about as sophisticated as your ridiculous "review" here. You need to educate yourself before buying numismatic coins then demanding your "profit" after a few years! P.S. - Your review is disingenuous, as Talisman Coins never made you any buy-back offers.

Rather, after having you yell at them and make atrociously unreasonable demands, they simply walked away. P.P.S. - You will always get more when selling directly to another collector. A dealer has to make a profit.

Duh. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gerald the Numismatic Guru - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ID
Cons
  • Bad coin investment advise on canadian and australian coins
Poor buy back policy
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Top Notch Service with Below-Issue, Below-Wholesale Pricing

Talisman Coins - Top Notch Service with Below-Issue, Below-Wholesale Pricing
Talisman Coins - Top Notch Service with Below-Issue, Below-Wholesale Pricing
I've been a customer of Talisman Coins for over ten years and have always receive top notcj service. Bob (the customer service manager) and the girls in the office are always helpful and take time to answer my questions. Keep in mind, this is a no-frills outfit. They're out of St. Louis, in the Midwest, not on either coast, so their personnel and overhead is much lower. And they have a common-sense, Midwestern sensibility - they want their customers to save money. They don't have a phoneroom full of commission salespeople making outbound sales calls, and they don't pay for glossy color advertizing in overpriced magazines. Apparently their ownly advertizing is word of mouth. In return, Ive found their prices are consistently the lowest - lower than even the Mints that issue the coins. They have told me that they buy in bulk, get economy of scale, and pass the savings on to collectors. I almost never find a lower price anywhere, unless some *** needs money and is blowing things out at a loss. Of course, I don't wait for coins or sets to sell out, either - I get in early, when the prices are lowest, before they head north. One note - they don't have a storefront or showroom, to keep their costs down - their a true low-cost wholesaler, not a retailer, so you can't pop in for a visit. I have met them at coin shows however, and they have always been friendly and professional.

It appears that the "very positive 5 star review" was in fact written by someone at Talisman Coins; why else the "St. Louis" location I.D. at the top of the "review"?

@PissedConsumer1468069

Talisman Coins is LOCATED in St. Louis, Missouri - so it's hardly a stretch to assume that they have a significant customer base LOCATED where they are LOCATED!

In other words, because they are LOCATED physically in St.

Louis, Missouri, it's safe to assume that they have way more customers who are also LOCATED in St. Louis, Missouri than they have who are located in Anchorage, Alaska!

Service
Talisman Coins Customer Care
Pros
  • Lowest prices
  • Great customer service
Good customer service

Talisman Coins - Customer Care Review from Norwich, New York

Very rude man at Talisman Coins in St. Louis. He got upset that I called to place my first order with his company instead of placing it online. My computer was out for repair at the time. He asked me how I found out about Talisman Coin Company if I did not have my computer. Very nasty attitude this coin dealer has!
#2011521

The owner has the brains of a sack of hammers. Very rude, has an answer for everything, unfortunately it’s the wrong answer.

He’s a phone bully. Other than that, he’s a zero.

Talk like Yoda I do. Syntax and grammar disregard I do.

Invert subject, verb and object I do. Don't like being asked questions about where vendor has heard about me do I.

Therapist helping me with issues of hpyersensitivity he is. Looking at me crossed eyed no longer me to cry causes does it.

@PissedConsumer1226008

Is funny.

View more comments (2)
Norwich, New York
Service
Talisman Coins Customer Care
Poor customer service

My order was deleted for no reason

I placed an order for one coin with a ten dollar shipping charge. The coin ended up being very popular and my order was just deleted with no warning or contact of any type from the company. After a month I decided to call and was told they had no record of my order. After I showed my order confirmation I was told their allocation was shorted by the mint and they could no help me. two weeks after that the coin was selling on their website for three or four times the price. I can't understand why they would stiff a customer over one coin. To my stupidity I gave them another chance and order again from them with some items that were not popular, to my dismay the coins were full of problems that were never mentioned on their site. With no offer to exchange them or help on the issue I've just decided to cut them off for ever. I paid over $400 for 3 coins on this order I expect to be treated better....
Loss

Talisman coins is the worst coins dealer in US market.

I had an order with Talisman coins which was confirmed.Talisman World Coins and Medals Items2 Tuvalu 2014-P Gods of Olympus #1 - Zeus, Ruler of the Gods and Mount Olympus and Eagle $2 2 Troy Ounce Pure Silver Ultra High Relief Medallic Rimless Antiqued Proof P02 @ $139.95 = $279.90 Sub-Total: $279.90 Shipping: $9.95 (Standard) Sales Tax: $0.00 Talisman World Coins and Medals Total: $289.85 Store Credit: -$0.00 TOTAL DUE: $289.85 After 1 month of silence the company cancelled my order.They do not keep words and promises. Do not buy anything from Talisman coins.You will be disappointed.

Hi, my name is Artur Gabrielyan, and I live at 15024 Avenida Venusto #154, San Diego, CA 92128. Not surprisingly, I hide behind multiple aliases, including "John Ryan" and "Jack Ryan" (that's right, I fancy myself a secret agent, even though I look nothing like Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck OR Chris Pine!).

I've literally had over a dozen phone numbers in the past few years, because I don't pay my phone bills and they get shut off, but if you want to call me, here are a few that might still work: 619-709-****; 559-515-****; 661-380-****.

Not surprisingly for an inherently dishonest slob, I also employ a slew of email addresses, too, to try to obfuscate and confuse you as I place multiple orders on your web site - orders I will only cancel later.

Some of these are: degeani@***.com; astoria41@***.com; and websterd94@***.com.

Did I mention that I'm a wanna-be coin dealer, who works out of my low-rent apartment? And that I place speculative orders on other company's web sites, orders that I can't afford and always end up canceling later? I do this because I wish I wish I wish I were a fish, or at least a real coin dealer, and I could be successful like a real coin dealer, but I'm not, so I'm not, and I'll probably never get it.

I guess I didn't mention that I placed four (04) orders with Talisman Coins, then canceled each and every one of them. Even though I'm theoretically their competitor.

Theoretically, meaning if I actually did more with coins than be jealous of others who've been in the business for more than a quarter century and actually treat people with dignity and respect. I was just messing with them because I'm a two-bit loser, but twice I said that my three year old kid placed the order - behind my back and without my knowledge (that's one really skilled three year old!), so that's why I had to cancel them. Of course, I was lying about this.

I think that they might have actually believed me, though.

Yours sincerely, John "Jack" Ryan P.S. - I am an inherently dishonest human being.

I bought the 1911-**** gem proof Canadian $ for $92.95. Shipping was free.

It was beautiful and they sent it immediately. Very pleased.

Unethical Dealer

This dealer is very unethical and does NOT keep his word. If you ask a question, he has a "hissy" fit and deletes your pending orders and account. No way to contact him via the web. Either he doesn't know what he is talking about, dr just doesn't care about expanding his business. I was lined up for 2 sets of Canadian coins which he cancelled and refused to honor or sell me any more coins. Thus, my collection are at a loss for certain coins. In addition, he states on the web he is "out of a coin" or sold out; Then waits a few weeks and offers the coins. In short, he cheats his customers by uis LIES Q!!!!!gnka

Hi, I'm Mr. Jonathan Prew of 50 Mack Hill Road, P.O.

Box 877, Amherst, NH 03031. Phones 603-440-**** / 603-673-****, jprew@***.com. I make up a lot of lies and risk getting sued for libel because I like to tell reputable companies how to run their businesses. I place orders that I can't afford, then cancel them when my credit card is declined.

Then complain six months later, insisting that they honor their price of half a year ago. And I whine, and I lie, and I complain, and insist on getting my own way. I literally try to return two one ounce pure silver bullion coins 18 months after I bought them because I am so hard up for cash, and insist upon my right to do so, even when silver has done down almost $8 per ounce in that time period (hmmm - real reason?). I am very familiar with the hissy fit (no quotation marks needed, it is an accepted term).

Let me place an order on your web site and I'll whine and complain and waste your time.

P.S.

- I am very, very lonely, and will try to tell you my life story when you answer my call. And if you don't listen, I'll threaten to sue you!

I have bought over fifty orders from Talisman Coins in the past 10 years and have never been disappointed. I find their customer service very helpful, and have never found anyone who sells world (foreign) coins cheaper.

They say that they are direct wholesale and that's what I've found. In fact, their prices are usually cheaper than the mints prices, at least until the coins sell out.

New England, North Dakota

Talisman Coins/ ST. Louis ,MO 63126

This company sold me a silver coin weighing one troy ounce.The silver stated .999. nex't to the Item picture. Further down the page in a blued out box it say.925 ,25gm.I never seen this box as I had already seen the spec. on this item. After being talked down to insisting THIS IS A PURE ONE OUNCE OF.999 SILVER!! "NO WHERE ON OUR PAGE DOES IT STATE IT IS A OUNCE OR PURE SILVER". I am reading the page right now ,quote.I checked listing and I was RIGHT. I refused delivery on it when the company only wanted to issue a 10.00 adjustment fee, recorded me without my knowledge until the end of conversation,had to consult a legal team to offer me a 10.00 adjument!! The person I spoke to insigated a arguement . BEFORE EVEN TRYING TO HELP ME THEY HAD TO CONSULT THEIR LEGAL TEAM. BUYER BEWARE!! When trying to see how many other complaints against them there may be on line I keep finding complaints for "TALISMAN HAUNTED COINS". So this is my experience with this company. I wonder how many people think their coins are a ounce of real silver.999? VERY bad misleading people "the Typo" has since been changed . Buy your coins elsewhere where customer service still is important!!!

Wow, you are a real piece of work! What kind of *** judges an entire company and all its employees based on what - ONE TYPO?

What kind of psychotic are you?

Sounds like this company bent over backwards to correct their mistake AND apologize to you AND give you financial compensation for (again) A TYPO - and you go and rag on them like you're Eva Braun!

Further confirmation that my faith in humanity is sorely misplaced!

Grow up and get a life! Or wait for a real problem (like the *** throwing all your relatives in the gas chamber) before you cry to heaven for justice, you slag!

You sound like you don't know what you're talking about or have the slightest clue about numismatics. Sounds like you had a minor problem with a typo, got an apology and a feel-good credit, and can't get past over it.

Are you perfect? Aren't people allowed to make mistakes - and they correct them?

Naples, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article