Linda S Ops

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Novi, Michigan

Damaged my vehicle on a lockout service call

On April 9th, 2022 I contacted roadside assistance for lockout service on my vehicle. He showed up in his truck with loud music.

I knew right away that it wasn't going to be good. Christopher said he performed these unlock services all day long, every day. He got the driver's side door ajar with the pillow pump and then jammed a wedge in between the door and the car. He used a long rod that was painted red, and the paint was peeling off and getting all over my vehicle during the 10 or so minutes he attempted to unlock my door.

After being unsuccessful at unlocking the door, he asked me where the lock button was. I was beside myself, I could see scratches on my vehicle from the wedge and the rod. I told him the lock was on the door handle, but he still couldn't unlock it. I finally told him he was damaging my car and to stop.

The damage was visible. He denied that he damaged my car. I had to ask him to leave my property. Later that day, after another service provider was able to unlock my passenger door, I contacted TAC Towing about the damage that had been done to my car.

To my surprise, Christopher was the owner, and he again denied doing any damage to my vehicle. I reported it to Honk Technologies, the roadside dispatch service, and they started a claim. However, when they asked Christopher to provide a photo of the tools he used, he sent them a photo of a bright green rod instead of the red one he actually used. So Honk was not able to resolve the claim and turned it over to TAC Towing's Insurance.

The adjuster wanted me to provide an estimate of repairs but then later changed her mind and said that her client, TAC Towing, was never at my home! So I had to file the claim with my insurance company. Christopher had done over $2000 in damage to the outside, the door jamb, and the inside of my vehicle with a tool that was designed to be used on a commercial vehicle.

And then he lied about it to me, to Honk Technologies, to his insurance company, and most recently to a magistrate and a judge. He refuses to take responsibility for his actions and make restitution for them.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses on my vehicle repairs.

User's recommendation: Be diligent in your search for companies with employees who have integrity

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article