T & H Services - Lack Of Commitment

Tim of T & H Services in Seattle was contracted to fix a deck that had water damaged rotting wood, replace some bad wood on the steps, and straighten out a leaning fence post. Once finished, Tim overcharged me by $800 (the amount that was advanced) and wouldn't refund until 2 months later when I was about to take legal action. Also, only a few of the pieces of bad wood on the steps were replaced and the rest primed over to make it look like they were done. Concrete was poured on the base of the fence post without making sure that it was vertical first. The deck was fixed in such a way that there are huge gaps that cannot possibly keep water from entering. Tim told me numerous times that all this were merely a "mistake" and that he's "sorry". I have filed complaints with both the state Attorney General and Labor & Industries. Found out from L & I that he was legally registered with them for only 1 year and had 1 infraction against him for not having proper licensing. In his very last email to me, Tim wrote: "I am going to refund you all of the labor, whether you like it or not. This will be documented, and act as proof that I have tried to make this right and admit that I screwed up the job. There will be payments in your mailbox ( I will actually mail them to you through the postal service, written out to you, and copies made) This will show that I had intention of making this right." Even if I don't want the refund, he would insist that I accept to show his commitment to making things right and correcting all these "mistakes". Tim sounded very sincere and genuine. However, months later, there wasn't any follow through to this promise.
ID
#199634 Review #199634 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Seattle, Washington

Breach of Contract & Theft

T&H Services was contracted to fix a deck that had water damaged rotting wood, replace some bad wood on the steps, and straighten out a leaning fence post. Once finished, the owner, Tim, overcharged me by $800 (the amount that was advanced) and wouldn't refund until 2 months later when I was about to take legal action. Also, only a few of the pieces of bad wood on the steps were replaced and the rest primed over to make it look like they were done. Concrete was poured on the base of the fence post without making sure that it was vertical first. It's still leaning like before. The deck was fixed in such a way that there are huge gaps that cannot possibly keep water from entering. Tim told me numerous times that all this were merely a "mistake" and that he's "sorry". I have filed complaints with both the state Attorney General and Labor & Industries. Found out from L & I that he was legally registered with them for only 1 year and has 1 infraction against him.

Nope, just happy with the service.

Well ***, Marty. For all we know you work for them!

I find that hard to believe. I have had them do a lot of work for me and everytime I was pleased with the outcome.

Sounds to me like you are just bashing the company.

I actually called other references that were given to me, and they all gave a glowing review of their services. I'll still use them!

View more comments (2)
ID
Seattle, Washington

About

Summary

T and H Services is a contractor and handymen services provider. Company works in this business for 20 years and gained very good reputation. In 2011 company has been nominated for the BBB Business if the Year Torch Award. T and H Services provides such services as bathroom remodels and repairs, kitchen remodels and repairs, basement remodels and finising, garages, home exteriors, roof repairs, decking, porches, fencing (wood or composite), sheetrock, paint, vinyl, tile, cabinet installs, trim, framing, various carpet work, flooring, limited hauling or jobsite, yard cleanup and more. T and H Services offers warrantee to all works. Company claims they don`t have the lowest prices, but provide the heist quality work.

T and H Services reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article