Kirby Review

All sales jobs are based on sales Realestate agents invest many hours & money in order to sell a home & earn a commission when they do they get compensated very well when they don't it's costly the goal is to sell more & make more then the expenses there are no guarantees in sales you must have faith in your abilities , sales is a high paid hard work & a low paid easy work
Pretoria, Gauteng

Time to completely reinvent the Kirby Sales model

I had high hopes of really making a difference in the work place. SVK is just at a long line of sales jobs I have attempted over the years. I do love to demo cool stuff. I started with Fuller Brush after I saw the sales lady come to the house I wanted to have the sample case. Anyway about Kirby and SVK. I always do my best. I really was starting to like some of the people I met there. Actually had a high level conversation about the future of the country. We both quite agreed with each other. The demonstration does show people how to get a cleaner house with a better vacuum. The company could be a model for profit sharing And setting this country back on a new course. If your motivation is money and drinking you should run over to sign up. It's note for me.
ID
#511925 Review #511925 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Moorpark, California
Loss

SCAM ON EVERY LEVEL!

Kirby Distributors often place Ad's on Craigslist in the(customer service area) seeking desperate out of work individuals to SCAM into being "Dealer Representatives." They alledge paid training, and easy hours. However, they do not offer those things. After your (1) day Orientation and your alledged paid (3) day Training, they drive you to various well targeted communities that consist of: Retired Couples, Homeowners, and Business Professionals. Once inside the customers home -Read the 10 page Script Entitled: Kirby Bootcamp, -call the help desk to report your location, -set up the Kirby, -Use the Kirby/put on a show, -call your supervisor to come into the customers home with you so they can close the deal,while you sit quietly on the customers floor and clean the Kirby. After all this you would expect to be paid, right? that you just used in their home. People have never received what they were promised. PAY! They worked long hours from 8 A.M til 10 P.M. Monday through Sunday and have never got any money. Most people quit after two weeks or as soon as they realize they won't be going on any fancy vacations, getting any exciting bonuses or owning any property.

copied this and pasted.

I've been with S.V.K for over four years now, figured I'd post a review giving some information.

If you're looking at this.

You either are in need of a job, have called, or even been interviewed already:

If this is the case, the company has been in business 16 years has an A with the B.B.B. chances are if we were screwing every one over this wouldn't be possible.

Kirby has been in business for over 99 years, and will continue growing, the company gives opportunities to those who are willing to WORK HARD based on the quality of the product.

These people that put reviews with information about not making a certain amount of money or being paid at all. give me the first and last name and I can pull all the statistics on why they didn't receive it. Everything is clear. when the bonus was monthly like when I started you had to work a certain amount of days to get the pay, Working one day or two days and leaving because it's too hard doesn't give you anything.

NOW it's WEEKLY pay, clean and clear in the orientation, if you give the company 100% you will be taken care of. If not then you won't, no way around that......Sorry. The company is great, we work hard and try to bring in the most positive, eager individuals, and that could use steady income, but people may interview one way, and represent the company a different way in some cases, we try to *** them out but we give the people that get accepted AFTER A BACKGROUND CHECK a shot to grow as individuals and help the financial situation that they might be in. also If you are looking at reviews because you are interested in a machine, if you like it, would use it, and can afford it, buy it.

that's just what makes the most sense.

haha. - Josh Avery

copied this and pasted.

If you're looking at this.

You either are in need of a job, have called, or even been interviewed already:

that's just what makes the most sense.

haha. - Josh Avery

Every website I've read outing this disgusting place has the same response posted. The one below from 'The Truth' must be from the owner himself. Trust me when I say this organization is a short step away from a pyramid scheme and the owner has been preying on uneducated and underemoyed people for years.

My own experience here started in 2009. I was working with kids at an after school program but when summer came there was no work for me. I'd just graduated college with a degree and I was completely on my own financially. With no other prospects I began searching Craigslist for anything I could find. I found an ad promising 1600 a month base pay with no sales required, a basic customer service job. In the interview I kept trying to find out if I would be working in a call center but the lady interviewing me (who also turned out to be the baby mama of the *** who runs this *** hole) wouldn't give a clear answer.

In the training they basically fill a room with a bunch of poor shucks with no money and fill their heads with promises of money and free vacations, again without ever really saying what the job will entail, what your hours will be...then the trainer will pretend that this group is lucky because the owner has agreed to let them demo this insanely overpriced vacuum to their friends and family to help them out before they actually start their first official day on the job. This is a ploy for them to sell a few extra units before the people with half a brain figure out this places business model.

I knew full well this was a scam the second the training started but without any other options I had no choice but to stay so I could make rent. However it goes without saying I never saw a dime of the base pay everyone is initially promised. For the next three months I was basically subject to an indentured servitude where I would spend 10+ hours a day stuck in a van with perverted old men, convicted felons and speed junkies all while trying to get some unsuspecting homeowner to let one of these animals in with a 1200 dollar vacuum to try and sell it to them. There were no breaks,you get dropped off in a neighborhood that runs the gamut from normal suburban street to out and out slum and you're left their until whatever greasy criminal is leading your team decides to come and get you.

This job is for truly uneducated people who will buy the line the owner is selling. He never really says anything of substance, just repeats salesman battle cries like "Work the program and it'll work for you" or "Teamwork makes the dream work". He knows as well as anyone that he relies on desperate unintelligent people to run his business and make maximum profits.

I don't know how he gets around labor laws. I don't recall ever signing anything that said I waived breaks. I also don't know how he gets around paying people for the work they do. I had several arguments over my paychecks in the time that I was there.

Anyone who says this place is on the level has drank the kool aid. Or they are as big a low life as the owner is, comfortable conducting business without an ounce of integrity. I only met one person worth my respect there, he was a really sweet old and kind salesman and he got little to no respect because he wasn't a low life like the rest of them. I celebrated my last day there and I've never once regretted leaving that place for greener pastures. In retrospect I would've worked at a fast food place with more enthusiasm...capricious youth huh?

@PissedConsumer742277

Thank you for this cogent and honest assessment. I was afraid this would be the case.

I have gone through two days of training. I not really impressed the guy running the training is cute and funny. Lots of high fives, pats on the back. I came to the interview with high hopes of help people with their vacuum problems.

I imagined helping people over the phone...how to find the on switch? And stuff like that. The next thing you no I'm hitting up old granny trying to bilk another $3500 dollars out of a really nice person. No thanks.

On the other hand here are the facts. A well built machine made in U.S. Where people are paid a living wage, Where young uneducated folks get a chance at the American dream. Everyone should buy a Kirby.

Just not from me. We are so used to paying less at Walmart we have lost our humanity in the job market. Good luck out there.

And you can make a difference. Be the change you want to see.

HAHAHA THIS IS COPIED AND PASTED FROM ANOTHER SIGT

This is hilarious. S.V.K is a successful business. A company that has been in business over 14 years must be doing something right. The company has a multi million dollar building in Moorpark, and the owner just bought 2 more buildings to expand. And some of you are complaining about not having work or enough money to make it to the training? Someone who's looking for a JOB taking advice from someone who is JOBLESS is like if you were in class going to cheat on a test and you chose to cheat off of the one who's failing the class and didn't study.

Every one has a different experience. I've only been working there for a couple weeks. Apparently the pay used to be monthly, It changed to weekly pay right before I started which is cool because I didn't have much when I started. Even if you don't have any sales you still get paid weekly to have money in your pocket, which helps but if you do sell you get a commission which adds on top of the weekly base pay. I also was able to win a free Kirby already and sold it, since it was mine I was able to keep all of the money from it. I'm happy I chose to give it a try even though I asked if the training was paid (hoping it was) and they told me it wasn't, I was a little bummed about that but then realized the company was honest about it so that was good and I should figure out a way to make it to the training because

I could either continue to look for work which would pay me nothing. The training was actually kind of fun. At least after the third day of the training S.V.K gives you a chance to earn some money by getting used to the machine so by the end of training your ready to show actual customers so that you can do good A.S.A.P and make everything worth it. If I don't end up sticking it out long term due to going back to school next semester I'm very happy about the experience I've gotten so far......KEEP IN MIND WE WORK HARD BUT JOSH WILL TELL YOU THAT ON THE FIRST DAY LIKE HE DID TO MY CLASS HE'S ONLY BEEN IN KIRBY FOR A LITTLE OVER THREE YEARS I THINK.

Very true. If you sell a financed Kirby, you only get paid if it's an A loan (perfect credit). I sold 3 Kirbys for over 2400 hundred and never received commission, since it was a B-loan.

View more comments (5)
Laguna Beach, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article