Verified Reviewer

Poor service

Called to shut off service due to business closing. Was billed for an entire month after service was shut off. Was told by customer service that the service does not close the day you call and instead takes 30 days. That is excessive. I was able to get electric and gas shut off within days but phone service takes 30 days? Unreasonable.

User's recommendation: Stop trying to squeeze the last bit of money you can get from your customers.

ID
#2073436 Review #2073436 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Phone service
Cons
  • Rips off customers
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Surftone Phone Company Lies to get you to switch

Surftone Phone company called me and said they were granted government permission to offer wholesale rates to small businesses with less than 8 lines. I have one for credit cards and one for daily business. The gentleman asked what I currently paid. He laughed and said I will never pay over $52.00 a month and they would cover any cancel fees from my current company and there was no contract. I got my first bill and they had "misquoted" me. The bill was more than the previous carrier. Then when I faxed my cancellation fee, they wanted a contract. So, because all of their lies, I switched back to my former company. I Paid the cancel fee, a $55.00 reconnect fee, and 2 months advance payments. Plus I still have an outstanding bill with Surftone! Thank You so much Surftone!!!

They call me everday, and once you ask for more information, phone number, or web address they hang up. This is a total scam, any legit business who wont give you there phone number or web address has alot to hide.

This is the only business that doesnt like free advertising or self promotion ? SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM ! !

! DO NOT CALL LIST HERE I COME

I received a similar call from a Surftone sales person claiming that they have an "agreement" with Verizon and are authorized to offer low "wholesale" rates to small businesses. There are many comments on the web by irate consumers characterizing Surftone as a scam operation, and many stories of people finding their bills to be higher than claimed, etc.

View more comments (1)
ID
Syracuse, New York

About

Surftone Pros and Cons

Pros: Phone service

Cons: Rips off customers

Summary

Surftone offers telecommunication services for both residential and business clients. The primary company’s practice area is included in these categories: local and long distance calls, DSL High Speed Internet and Inside Wire Maintenance Plan. To know about the last program visit the site or possibly contact with customer support service that is ready to answer your questions 24/7. As a result clients will save much money using Surftone product and will receive easy to read bill. For this people should not sign any contracts and will not get any switching fee. Get started clients are offered to type in their phone number and follow further instructions.

Surftone reviews and complaints

Surftone is ranked 87 out of 890 in Household Services category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article