Sunshine Ford - Dvd Player Installation Review

We recently bought a brand new Lincoln from this dealership. Because I have kids I wanted to put DVD players in after we bought it. We paid thousands of dollars for the DVD players, but I wanted it to look nice. When we went to pick up the car my husband noticed that the DVD players looked different from the website pictures. We then found out that they put in after market DVD players!! After they sold us Lincoln ones!! And because they are not Lincoln DVD players, they are not covered under the warranty! When my husband questioned Mr Colandrea he was rude and condescending. He basically told us too bad! So if something happens to these DVD players I have to pay for them to get fixed! In addition, now there's after market items in a very expensive car. If I want to sell this car in the future this is going to be an issue. When we called Lincoln corporate, they contacted this dealership. Mr Colandrea told them to tell us that we need to find a new dealership to bring our car to! So now the 3 service appointments that they gave us during our purchase are voided. This was supposed to be a perk for buying with them, and now they just take that away?! They are shady at this dealership. Do not trust them!!
ID
Service
Sunshine Ford Dvd Player Installation
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

If you want your car stolen go to Sunshine Ford in Newburgh, NY

I bought in 2008 a brand new Ford 3500 Truck from them. This truck is my baby! I treat it like gold. It was never even taken out in bad weather. As requested by the dealership, I've always taken the truck to the dealership for oil changes and repairs. On June 14, 2011 I took my truck in and was asked if they could keep it over night as there were some recalls on the truck. This was not an issue and I gave them my keys and left the truck. The following day I was called and asked if I picked up my truck and responded "NO". They proceeded to tell me that my truck was reposed. WHAT! I have never missed a payment nor been late. One phone call to the bank cleared that up! Next they told us that there were recovered items such as our car door opener and some papers from the truck. They also had the key. We stopped by the dealership to claim our items and the owner's son took my husband into the office and asked him if there was anyone else on the loan. "Yes, my wife!" "Are you two fighting and did she take the truck?" We have been happily married for 16 years! No we're not fighting and the "wife" didn't take the car! He alos told us that this was not going on his insurance as Bill had signed a waver – The only waver Bill signed was the so that they could work on the truck (standard waver). He also refused to give us our items back as he stated that they were found on his property and he was going to keep them in case the police needed them! When I contacted my insurance agency to inform them of the accusation that were made and how our property was not returned to us they informed us that when they contacted the dealership they were very uncooperative. They told my insurance company that they were to "busy" due to hail damage to deal with this issue. Also they told the insurance agency that they had not reported the theft to their insurance agency since they did not feel that they should be held responsible. Finally, when we spoke with the cop and told them about how we could not get our personal belongings back we were told by the cop that they told them that they did not need it as evidence as too many people had touched it and to return to us. This is beyond upsetting. We took a truck in to be serviced, it gets stolen and we the victims are being treated like we took it! Not only "did we" own a Ford Truck but also own a Lincoln MKX – From this point on I will never buy a Ford product again!

That's terrible!! I also had a horrible experience with this dealership.

We have been ford owners for a very long time, and just recently added a Lincoln.

However, this will be the last ford or Lincoln that I ever buy! My lease is up on my Ford Fusion and I will happily give that back and buy any other manufacturer!

You sound a little guilty

TOTALLY AGREE.....DO NOT GO TO SUNSHINE FORD OR COLANDREA PONTIAC (SAME OWNERS) THEY ARE THE WORST!!!!

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! THEY SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS FOR THE WAY THEY TREAT PEOPLE!!!!!!!

WTF does buying a Ford has to with your truck getting stolen,,, ***??????

View more comments (3)
ID
Newburgh, New York

About

Top Sunshine Ford Services

Dvd Player Installation

Summary

Ford dealer Brisbane QLD offer Specials on Ford Spare Parts & Ford Service, Used & New Fords. Check Ford in Southport- Ford Flacon, Fiesta, Ranger, FPV

Sunshine Ford reviews and complaints

Sunshine Ford is ranked 1412 out of 4364 in Dealers category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article