Sunrise Ford is a bad car company be warned

Buying experience: I was researching online and wanted to look at the Mustang as a possible choice to replace a GT SL 3000 Mitsubishi that I loved but was not passing the smog test any more. The online person DID NOT LISTEN to me they were only interested in me coming in to look at the vehicle when they were working. HELLO I am the customer and I want to look and test drive a vehicle when I am available. So I test drove many other car manufacturers before looking at the Mustang because I had a bad taste in my mouth because of my online experience. I did find a new FORD Mustang I decided to buy and the sales person who was "new" treated me with respect and we sealed the deal. The next morning the greedy online person who I had no idea worked at "Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood" claimed the sale. NOT COOL. But as you will see this is the type of poor social intelligence this dealership values. The Contract: In the contract I requested that the Mustang add a Clear Coat (clear resin that is applied over colored resin) because the car was "red" and since the car did not have the extra clear coat it would fad and have issues with pollutants. The person who was wanting me to sign the contract / loan agreed to add that into my deal. The Clear Coat: When I picked up the car after the clear coat was added we noticed dings in the paint that were not there when we purchased the car. And they needed to fix the issue. They did not want to do this (FORESHADOWING of how this dealership was going to treat us in the future) but agreed when I said I was willing to walk away from the deal. WTF experience: When picking up the car after they had "fixed" the paint issue that they had caused when adding the clear coat something odd happened. I was told they accidentally gave the keys to my car to another client. HELLO... what kind of service is this Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood? You want me to TRUST you when you just give away keys to anyone without making sure they are the owners of the keys? Car Maintenance: One of my checkups took 8 hours to just get an oil change. I had made the appointment showed up at 7:30am and by 2pm i was sick and tired of waiting in the small waiting room. It took another hour to get my car... HELLO what type of service is this... did you lose my car or just forget about it. Another checkup, the most recent, was for my 30K checkup. Thank goodness I am almost paid off for this car and the nightmare of having to deal with THIS DEALERSHIP is almost over. BUT WAIT one more example of Machiavellian Intelligence or rather the exact opposite of social intelligence was about to rear its ugly head. As I sit waiting for my car my cell phone rings: Hello... why it is Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood asking if I am the person who owns the 2011 red Mustang that is in service right now. Did they want to tell me what service I needed? NO they wanted me to sell the car back to them and sell me a "NEW" car. HELLO... I told them not to try to sell me a car and leave me alone DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN! STUPIDITY: I guess telling someone no is not clear enough because the very next day I get another call. I ask if it is a sales call and you know the script the sales person has in front of them the one that goes "oh not I am just giving you the opportunity" LOL I DO NOT want another bad opportunity with Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood. I call the sales manager to tell them that the only call I want to receive is to tell me that they have the RECALLED airbag part that can cause "decapitation". Yes FORD airbags the company with a lot of hot air has air bags that when deployed can cause decapitation! Ford as a company you need to retrain your sales force at Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood because they are only interested in THEIR bottom line and have no social intelligence about customer care because well they just don't care. This dealership will not help you "GO FURTHER" with consumers.

User's recommendation: Go to a different dealership that cares.

ID
Cons
  • Bad deals
  • Bad servive
  • Untruthful deals
Preferred solution
Apology

Verified Reviewer

Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood is completely in the DARK when it comes to customer service

Update by user Jan 09, 2018

And to make ALL my FORD experiences worse this car has had multiple recall issues and now because it has a Takata airbag on the passenger side FORD sends me a letter telling me not to have anyone sit in the passenger's seat or I would be responsible for their possible death. HELLO FORD ... it is your responsibility to sell a safe car and if there is a problem replace a bad part and compensate me with a loaner car while you take care of your bad bad bad problem.

Original review posted by user Apr 27, 2016
Change your name, there is not sun shining on this company they are fumbling idiots when it comes to social intelligence. It is sad for FORD as a company when a dealership makes the word "FORD" a four letter word that isn't respectful. Here is my report card for this dealership: BUYing experience: I was researching online and wanted to look at the Mustang as a possible choice to replace a GT SL 3000 Mitsubishi that I loved but was not passing the smog test any more. The online person DID NOT LISTEN to me they were only interested in me coming in to look at the vehicle when they were working. HELLO I am the customer and I want to look and test drive a vehicle when I am available. So I test drove many other car manufacturers before looking at the Mustang because I had a bad taste in my mouth because of my online experience. I did find a new FORD Mustang I decided to buy and the sales person who was "new" treated me with respect and we sealed the deal. The next morning the greedy online person who I had no idea worked at "Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood" claimed the sale. NOT COOL. But as you will see this is the type of poor social intelligence this dealership values. The Contract: In the contract I requested that the Mustang add a Clear Coat (clear resin that is applied over colored resin) because the car was "red" and since the car did not have the extra clear coat it would fad and have issues with pollutants. The person who was wanting me to sign the contract / loan agreed to add that into my deal. The Clear Coat: When I picked up the car after the clear coat was added we noticed dings in the paint that were not there when we purchased the car. And they needed to fix the issue. They did not want to do this (FORESHADOWING of how this dealership was going to treat us in the future) but agreed when I said I was willing to walk away from the deal. WTF experience: When picking up the car after they had "fixed" the paint issue that they had caused when adding the clear coat something odd happened. I was told they accidentally gave the keys to my car to another client. HELLO... what kind of service is this Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood? You want me to TRUST you when you just give away keys to anyone without making sure they are the owners of the keys? Car Maintenance: One of my checkups took 8 hours to just get an oil change. I had made the appointment showed up at 7:30am and by 2pm i was sick and tired of waiting in the small waiting room. It took another hour to get my car... HELLO what type of service is this... did you lose my car or just forget about it. Another checkup, the most recent, was for my 30K checkup. Thank goodness I am almost paid off for this car and the nightmare of having to deal with THIS DEALERSHIP is almost over. BUT WAIT one more example of Machiavellian Intelligence or rather the exact opposite of social intelligence was about to rear its ugly head. As I sit waiting for my car my cell phone rings: Hello... why it is Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood asking if I am the person who owns the 2011 red Mustang that is in service right now. Did they want to tell me what service I needed? NO they wanted me to sell the car back to them and sell me a "NEW" car. HELLO... I told them not to try to sell me a car and leave me alone DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN! STUPIDITY: I guess telling someone no is not clear enough because the very next day I get another call. I ask if it is a sales call and you know the script the sales person has in front of them the one that goes "oh not I am just giving you the opportunity" LOL I DO NOT want another bad opportunity with Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood. I call the sales manager to tell them that the only call I want to receive is to tell me that they have the RECALLED airbag part that can cause "decapitation". Yes FORD airbags the company with a lot of hot air has air bags that when deployed can cause decapitation! Ford as a company you need to retrain your sales force at Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood because they are only interested in THEIR bottom line and have no social intelligence about customer care because well they just don't care. This dealership will not help you "GO FURTHER" with consumers.

Yes they are pushy

ID
Los Angeles, California
Product
Ford Car
Pros
  • Car
Cons
  • Sales team
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article