Worst Travel Ever

I had the Platinum Package to Egypt. Arrived to my cruise ship...no one had any idea who I was...no reservations..had to wait 2 hours before taxi driver got a hold of reservation for Sunnyland Tours. Stranded at the airport to Abu Simbel for an hour because no reservations...more yelling and waiting. Never use these jerks again...waste money and time. worst trip ever. I would never use this company or recommend them to anyone I know. I had the worst time and waited mostly on the taxi and airport service as no on knew what the *** to do. What kind of company are they running...just want your money and no service....get a real job jerks

Wow, I'm shocked you had a bad experience! I did the Egypt tour with Sunnyland twice, each time was perfect!

I also used them for several other tours to various countries. I had your experience with other tour companies such as Gate1, but never with Sunnyland. One trip to Egypt just happened to be when the first uprising was happening. I was one of the last flights out of Egypt.

They were so efficient and professional that I didn't even realize anything was going on there until I returned home and saw the news. They stayed with me until I was through the checkpoint, even assisting me when I had a luggage issue, translating for me and helping me to resolve the issue. I would never have been able to resolve that had it not been for them.

Tours were great and guides were professional and knowledgable. I will continue to use them because every past experience was so great!

Palm Coast, Florida
Bad quality
Full refund

Management @ SunnyLandTours needs a revamp!

We are Travel Agents, booked "The Grand Tour of Costa Rica"...we booked Dec. 30, 2014, we did not receive our Tour Pkg. of itinerary/information until we returned home on Feb. 27, 2015....so although we had booked our flights ourselves...we left for Costa Rica. We started good communication with Jasmine Sidawi, our Tour was Feb. 17-26, 2015, we NEVER saw anyone from Sunnyland Tours! There was no pick up from the airport, the afternoon before the tour we emailed Jasmine as to when/where to begin tour...also noticing our emailed itinerary had changed several times...with no information such as baggage weight restriction, or items needed for the Tour. We only received our information PKG. once we returned home. Although Costa Rica was truly amazing, part of our Tour Pkg. never happened, very disappointed! We send people on all types of trips/holidays and we need to know our clients are taken care of and informed. This is a reflection on us as Travel Agents, the country of Costa Rica...who you represent as well as Sunny Land Tours. We would like to hear back from you! Thank you. yourtravelguys@***.com
Gibsons, British Columbia
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Terrible company.

My boyfriend and I wanted to book a trip to egypt and the deadline is coming up so we started communicTion with Fernan Salazar right away. After the first email and I voiced my concerns and needs he was less than prompt in answering my emails. He even had the audacity to send me an email in all caps when I asked him a question. Eventually he stopped and never answered me until my boyfriend called to complain. Time was ticking and tickets needed to be booked and I wasn't getting a response so I called the owner. I specifically told the owner I wasn't looking to get anyone into trouble I just need an answer to book my vacation. Long story short due to lack of communications and urgency they told me they cant book my reservation BC there were no flights left!!! SO AFTER 4 days of no communication and me depending on them for my vacation I got screwed and now have no time to find another company so my trip is cancelled by this *** company!!! I HATE THEM! I DONT CARE HOW CHILDISH IT SEEMS BUT FOR A COMPANY WHO I WANT TO GIVE $4000 HAD THE NERVE TO TREAT ME WITH SUCH DISREPECT, I HOPE THEY CLOSE THEIR DOORS! FAIR WARNING PEOPLE, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR NEEDS. THEY WORK WHEN ITS CONVENIENT FOR THEM!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!

Who is the owner of the company? I'm having trouble with them also.

Hollywood, Florida
Poor customer service
Your company is horrible

Worst Company to work with!!!!

I too booked Sunny land Tours because of the itinerary of a trip for my clients to Costa Rica and I never got my commission and I worked so hard for this and had to keep calling them because they never sent the right documents and air plane seats or anything. Here is a letter my clients sent them Dear Sunnyland Tours, This email is to complain about the terrible tour service you provided us in Costa Rica from January 4 to January 11, 2014. It ruined our vacation. First we barely received our travel documents prior to departure. Even after pleading for them so we could review them. We should have had them weeks before departure. On our arrival in the country at San Jose airport, no one was there to greet us and provide transportation to our hotel. We finally found the hotel shuttle with the help of baggage handler (who we had to tip). There was no tour guide at the hotel to explain tour or answer questions. As a matter of fact we never met anyone from Sunnyland during the entire tour. Then at the end of our stay at Matawabe lodge, we were left at the transfer point with no one to pick us up for the Arenal tour. Fortunately I had a cell phone, when I called I discovered no one was scheduled to pick us up. We were stranded. When someone showed up two hours later, the driver spoke no English so we did not get a tour, just a ride to the hotel. Again no one from Sunnyland or anyone resembling a tour guide. Then for final segment to Tamarindo, we arrived to find that you had booked the wrong room (one king instead of two double beds). We paid $150 to get the correct type of room as we had to upgrade in order to get an available room. Again no tour, no one from Sunnyland. Then although Sunnyland promised transportation to Liberia airport there was none, we had to pay $80 for a taxi. On top of this when we checked our tour bill, you charged us $200 more than the actual airfare! So bottom line, we believe you owe us reimbursement for the hotel room, taxi and airfare of $430. I am copying our travel agent so she has this information as well. All in all a terrible experience. You should be ashamed to call yourself a tour company. If you are not the correct staff at Sunnyland to respond to this, please forward this to them. We expect a response! they sent a respond they gave them a 100.00 voucher for there next tour with them really!!!!
New York, New York
Loss

Overcharged me, extremely unreasonable & unflexable

I have been in the travel business for over 40 years & have never had such a bad experience as with this company. In February 2011 I contacted Sunny Land to to set up a European tour for approximately 50 people & 25 rooms. I sent them the groups itinerary & told them the group would need 2 free trips for the group leader & his wife. End of March we recieved a contract with the price per person but with only 1 comp. I called them about the other comp & was told it was ok & I would have to send them $7500.00 by 4/4/11. After many more calls asking to have it in writing I recieved another contract on 7/21 which was also wrong. Finally on 7/27 I recieved a contract stating I would recieve 2 comps. Shotly after the $20,000.00 second deposit was paid on 8/24 the group lost 2 people but maintained 25 rooms.I was told they would still be charged the 50% cancellation fee of $3900.00 as per the contract. From that time on until final payment was due on 3/12/12 the Euro had dropped considerably but were told there would be no refund as the trip was priced in US funds. We found out that one train segment was booked incorrectly (bedrooms instead of coach) Again there was no refund allowed for the difference in the cost of the train. After many calls to find out the balance on 3/14/12 I recieved a call with the amount & because it was now late I would have to overnight it that day. I sent the money in without checking the figures (BIG MISTAKE). When the group leader received the train tickets he found that some of the names were wrong & the tickets would have to reissued. After the group departed on 5/7/12 I realized I had overpaid Sunny Land. I saw that instead of charging the $3900.00 per person they were charging $3991.65 per person . The extra $1.65 was to mail the documents which was already included in the contract price. When I called them I was told I never signed the revised contract & therefore did not receive the 2nd comp. so I was charged $3990.00. They did however say they would refund me $40.00 for the overcharge on the mailing & if I booked another group of 50 or more people they would credit me $3900.00 (NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN). After over 40 years of traveling around the world with groups & believing & trusting the people I have dealt with this is the first time anything like this has happened. As of 7/17/12 I have yet to recieve the $40.00 refund.

I've been having many problems with them since I booked them in December 2016 for Dubai and Greece in July 2017! Unfortunately, I didn't look at these reviews first.

They have been overcharging me and every time I question it, I have a hard time getting an answer.

I have insurance, should I find another company? It's now March and my tours are in July?

Livingston, New Jersey

Service stinks

Jasmine at Sunnyland tours is completely insensitive to her travel clients needs. She is late in responding to inquiries, she calls at 4 am in the moring and there are mistakes in her calculations. We were not very happy with the service at Sunnyland tours. We booked a tour to Egypt with Sunnyland travel and the service was terrible. There were no apologies for mistakes made and she does not listen to instructions very well. Overall, we did not find the quality of the service or the attitude to be acceptable. Unfortunately, we would not recommend them to other travellers.

I've been having the same problems with her, and many more. Now that they have over $3000 of my money, I think I made need to exercise my insurance policy and switch companies. Which company would you suggest?

ID
#204626 Review #204626 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Francisco, California

SunnyLand Egypt Tour

Dec. 2009 I joint a Platinum Egypt Package tour, the cruise ship was filty & towels need bleaching, food are not good. MS Carnival is the same as crocodile. I was told the cruise ship was rated 5*, I would rate this 2*. Overall the tour was so rush,will not recommend to go to AbuSimbel, we pay for $250 & stay for 1 hour & back to the cruise ship for the whole afternoon, not worth it. Be careful. Overall we will ripoff, the whole group was travel agent, Am very unhappy, We file a complain to Sunnyland tour nothing was resolve.
#203173

The complainer is totally wrong about her

trip to Egypt which occurred in Dec 2009 .

I was on it with many travel agents who

none complained about anything . She and

her companion were always late on the

scheduled tours that were arranged and we

had been looking for them in many

locations and occasions .

1- Food was excellent, I saw them sampling

many portions .

2- Cruise boat the Carnaval was very

decent .

3- Abu Simble does not need more than two

hours stay at that location, two small

temples with no where else to go .

4- Overall the trip was super , the whole

group had a great time and I did not hear

the two complainers once voice a

dissatisfaction with anything

#203147

Sunny Land Tours has replied to this consumer numerous times early this year following her cruise in Dec 2009.

Her claims are not credible, and have been previously proven incorrect this and other claims. The Nile river cruise, in partnership with Sunny Land, is operated by Nile Crocodile Cruises which owns two ships rated 5-star by the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism. Her cruise was on the MS Carnival which is the newer of the two ships. She is factually incorrect in her claims.

This was the travelers' first cruise, and first visit to Egypt - and their expectations were not realistic. This type of trip is fast-paced, with extensive sightseeing in order to experience 3,000 years of Egyptian history. Abu Simbel is an optional excursion that typically receives rave reviews from travelers.

Sunny Land has operated tours world-wide for over 45-years, is a founding member of USTOA, and has an excellent reputation in the industry and with customers. The Sunny Land website has many positive testimonials from our customers.

We're sorry this customer was dissatisfied, but we've done everything possible to reply and placate this customer.

View more comments (1)
ID
#203478 Review #203478 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California