My pathetic experience with the HR (Rajeevan) of Sundaram Motors- Bangalore (Letter I wrote to the Head of Operations)

I am writing this mail with a heavy heart on account of the incident that has happened this morning at Sundaram Motors with the H.R. I was called yesterday and asked to drop by today, as the H.R wanted to assess me for a role in Marketing, which I had applied for. The H.R. walked up to me asked me my experience and when I replied, he very rudely asked me to 'answer to the question only' like it is an immortal sin to elaborate, after all its for a role in marketing! After 60 seconds of questioning he told me they are looking for candidates with 2-3 years experience(which could have been conveyed over phone and I could have engaged in productive work this morning rather than this mental harassment), I have one year of experience. Now is the best part, he asked me my salary expectation, he said ' It should not be high in the first year, definitely not more than 10-12 thousand'. I was shocked and hurt at his mannerisms and the casual attitude with which it was said. He then asked me my expectation for which I replied '3.5-3.6 Lakh P.A', he then very rudely said all the best next time and walked off. Reasons why I am disappointed? 1) The method of assessment of my skill-set was pathetic and unprofessional 2) The H.R. was extremely rude (reason why I did not react was because of the professional nature of the meeting, which I respect.) 3) I could have been communicated what was expected in terms of experience over the phone, I could have avoided this whole distasteful experience. 4) The H.R. quoted a price on me like some commodity which can be bargained for. 5) The remuneration quoted apart from being insulting(Rs. 10000 ) did not have any proportion or logic considering my background! 6) This is the second time I am coming to Sundaram Motors and the H.R. wasting my time. 7) This has put such a negative impression in my head of Sundarm Motors which is a brand I grew up watching closely and respected. To conclude with, I came there today not for the money, but for love of the company and the industry , to work in an environment I could thrive in and contribute immensely. I already have a job paying me 5.5Lakh P.A CTC . Request you to do the needful so that no other candidate who has worked hard to attain his/her qualifications is diluted and insulted ever again. I am a firm believer of being treated respectfully in this day and age. If basic courtesy and common sense cannot be applied to business, why do it at all?

Calling me

I'm calling me

View more comments (1)
ID
Bengaluru, Karnataka
Cons
  • Pathetic
Reason of review
Disrespectful / Insecure and Arrogant H.R

C class engine failure within 4 months of purchase

I bought a mercedez benz C class from Sundaram Motors on July 10 in bangalore. Registration no ka03 MS 4963. Engine number 271860****3532.After about 3.5 months, the car suddenly stopped on the Road. Mercedez towed the car and told me after a few days that the engine has failed and they would replace the engine. I believe the car is faulty and am asking for either a refund or replacement of the car. My belief in the brand and the quality is broken and I would not be satisfied using the same car. Mercedez India CEO Kern Eberhard has not bothered to respond to my mails and the company doesnt seem much bothered about this failure.

Mercedes sells all the junk vehicles in India. Check the warranty coverage and safety options in Mercedes India vehicles.

ID
Bengaluru, Karnataka
Product
Mercedes Benz Car

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article