map-marker Blackburn, Victoria County

Brand new customer after 2 days my accounts frozen cash stuck in accounts with no explanation & accused of fraud/crypto trading

As a brand new customer that already had difficulties opening an online account because of a glitch in the programming somewhere.. Eventually had it worked out and made two or three deposits,..

this was just some fun money than I was planning on wasting somewhere somehow but I wanted to see how the account & app worked & if it was any different to Bendigo,! I missed you calling me approx 5.55pm AEST! I called 131155 number back @ 5.05 pm and another suncorp answered & advised Maisie had gone for the day & to call back following morning to find out why!? Or what she needed from me??

Thursday evening a mate from WA deposited $250 into my NEW Suncorp account for some bmx race jerseys he had just bought from me.! He sent me the receipt so I went to log onto my account through the app & it had been frozen.!! I immediately jumped onto Suncorp Net Banking see if my friend James Dixon (Dicko) had deposited into my Suncorp account but that when I was met with an electronic note telling me my personal customer number had been shut down & I needed to call this number in so we could sign off on the jersey deal. I made 2 calls after hours that night to Troy account unlocked.

Obviously I have no idea why would be locked and I thought someone had made a mistake. I was advised by both of the after hours employees of Suncorp that all I had to do was send administration a photo or selfie of myself, holding my drivers license, facing forward, then backwards into investigationsbanking@***.com.au x& and nec theyve received this when your identification is verified. You will be notified that your accounts have been reopened and You can carry on to use if you wish to? whilst trying to send those emails never been rejected and sent back to me from Suncorp telling me my email accounts werent set up properly and and I had to get my administration to fix the problems Im very simple when it comes to technology.

I had no idea what they were talking about, so I left it until the morning .

Friday morning, I decided to go straight to Suncorp branch, much easier than trying to explain on the phone or emails. Going back-and-forth I was told just to take my Queensland drivers license in with me and the staff member behind the counter would verify that that was me and I would be able to use my account from then on pretty simple. Unfortunately again that was not the case employee that I was dealing with had to try and call couple of different numbers that she was getting no response wrong and told me that I had to go home and she would try and get back to me later that day, as you can see him starting to get really upset about my money that is stuck in the account that you have frozen, and I have no answers or reasons why you would do this so I think I have been scammed !!!

After lunch Friday, I still havent heard from Jenny, Lynn from the Springwood branch regarding the outcome. I tried to call Jenny response so I sent an email asking for an update.

Jen replied that investigations had got back to her and was going to call me when they had finished their investigating. Jenny Lynn had no answers for me of what was being investigated. It wouldnt tell me anything other than I just had to wait for the phone call Once again, this service is not good enough for a new customer. Its absolutely appalling disgusting behaviour from the Big Bank.

4:45 pm Friday afternoon I still havent received a call from investigations banking to give me the outcome of my account being frozen so I call Suncourt back 13 1155 Somehow employee I was speaking to one of the in this phone calls able to transfer me straight through to investigations!

This is very exciting for me because I did now find out what was happening and state my case if there was any issues that I was unaware of??

From here, the lady that introduced herself from investigations taking no time to tell me I was a fraud & dealing crypto currency illegally & words used in description unacceptable. ACCshut

map-marker Sydney, New South Wales

Sundays !! No way of talking to a human to fix a serious proble

Money transfer using online banking app .. Money never received. No one to call and help fix problem on Sunday !?!? Now without money ! Spending a heap of time looking for a way to sort out problem , or get thru to somebody

User's recommendation: Allow an easy option for customers to get thru to a representative on Sunday

Adam F Vmi

Verified Reviewer

They stole $2,500 from me

Suncorp Bank - They stole $2,500 from me
They held a deposit for whatever reason (AML? Who knows) and then from that decided to freeze my account. When I enquired they delayed me with canned responses. In the mean time another 2 deposits came in (from the same person). They ended up calling the person that made all 3 deposits (1 which was already in my (frozen) account and 2 pending) to confirm that he hadnt been scammed by me. The person confirmed he was happy for all three deposits to go into my account. They subsequently unfroze my account but the 2 pending deposits never appeared. Its been weeks of me asking where are those deposits and I am not joking when I say this they repeatedly, email after email tell me they know nothing about an additional 2 deposits! But they called the sender to ask about them! To this date they refuse to put into my account $2,500 that they KNOW they have and of course the sender has enquired on his end and his bank is saying that they cant get the money back because Suncorp has the money. I filed a complaint with AFCA and while awaiting the outcome of this, Suncorp closed my account entirely.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Give my money back

User's recommendation: Avoid at all costs

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article