The Summerlin House is a HUGE RIP OFF!!!

Why is Joyce and the Summerlin House still in business??? She takes your money and then you never hear from her again. At first, she makes you feel like she is there to cater to your every need, but once she gets you signed and receives your deposit, you won't hear from her. She takes what should be the happiest experience of your life and turns it into a NIGHTMARE!!! If you try to backout and cancel (before she does anything for you), goodluck getting your money back. She should be in prison!!! The owners of this property needs to kick her out and find someone to run the business. What ashame that she is destroying what should be a beautiful wedding venue. Do your homework. Read reviews. Do web searches for her name. Search County Clerk Records.

Same thing with me took 2800 and didn't respond. The summerlin house has been taken under new ownership now.

i would like to add any info!! I have just recently been scammed myself & have contacted channel 9 as well!! please let me know how i can help!!!

I'm going through the same thing right now!! Post again and we can exchange numbers.

I have contacted Channel 9 and the Better Business Bureau.

You should contact them too! The more complaints, the sooner someone will take notice!!!

View more comments (2)
ID
Santa Ana, California

The summerlin house

My fiance & I are "supposed" to get married on Oct 7, 2012 @ the Summerlin House in Thornton Park. We have been scammed, swindled, mislead & lied to by Joyce Hensley-Adams, sole operator/manager/coordinator of the venue. Please note, Joyce does not own the space, she rents it & from what I found by checking public records, she won't be there much longer. Upon learning that Joyce's promises & claims were fraudulent, we decided we no longer wanted to do business with her for fear she would ruin our special day. Joyce promised to refund our money due to our services not being rendered, but unfortunately we've been given many excuses & several changed stories as to why she has not come through yet. It saddens me that someone can rip people off repeatedly & get away with it. Hopefully soon there will be another owner to this awesome venue. Do NOT do business with this woman!!

Public records show she is being evicted by the owners

What do you mean she won't be there very long?

View more comments (1)
ID
Orlando, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article