Awesome !

Sugarmill Woods Pool And Spa - Awesome !
I want to send a thank you to Joseph Dawson and Sugarmill Woods Pool & Spa for the work done to resurface and remodel our pool and deck. From help with picking out the tile, pebble pool finish and pavers to a professional installation and great response when we had questions. The entire experience has been a very pleasurable one. Roy and April Gillow Sugarmill Woods
ID
Pros
  • Reliable
  • Exceptional customer service
  • Professional
Work Experience or Job Application

GREAT JOB BY SUGARMILL WOODS POOL AND SPA

I don't normally write a review for contractors I have hired to perform work on my home, but I felt obligated to write this review about Sugarmill Woods Pool & Spa. I had noticed for quite a while that my swimming pool surface was becoming more and more discolored and the plaster surface had worn away in spots. I called several contractors to get an opinion on what was happening and an estimate on repairing the surface. All four contractors said the same thing, my pool needed to be resurfaced. Three of the contractors brought pamphlets with color photos and a few tile samples to my home. The fourth contractor, Sugarmill Woods Pool and Spa, took a completely different approach. Joseph, the owner, came with a pad and pencil. I was very curious at first, but soon found out that he also came with volumes of information concerning not only what had to be done, but also, detailed steps in the process of plastering and retiling my pool. I was still concerned about seeing samples of the plaster and tiles. He explained to me that he had a showroom with hundreds of different tile samples and plaster finishes. He said I could make an appointment to visit the showroom at my convenience, at which time I could choose the tile and plaster I wanted and he would work-up an estimate. I made and appointment, visited Joseph's showroom and made my choices. He had previously made me aware of two different plaster finishes, Diamond Brite and a pebble finish. As he had explained, the Diamond Brite had a smaller aggregate mixed in with the plaster. The pebble finish had a larger aggregrate. The pebble finish has a life-time warranty on material, but was a few hundred dollars more. I choose the pebble finish with a bright blue plaster. The estimates of all four contractors were within a reasonable range of each other. Joseph gave me a starting date for the project and explained that the only possible interference with the job would be inclement weather. He kept his word and started on the date he said and also kept to the time frame, right to the final day. Concerning the job itself, on the first day, he removed the old tile and performed a sound check, locating any old loose plaster and breaking it out. He and his crew installed the new tile and coated the pool surface with what is called a bond coat. He said that this gives better adhesion for the new plaster. To make a long story a little shorter, he resurfaced my pool, installed a new skimmer, as the old one was cracked, and also installed water jets around the perimeter of the pool. He also installed a sheet water-fall. I also wanted to have pavers on my lanai and deck. Joseph showed me something called Travertine Marble, which was so beautiful, I forgot about the pavers and went with the marble instead. A little more expensive, but well worth it. Joseph performed what he called a 30 day cure. He makes the water very acidic for 30 days. He said this exposes the aggregate finish. He came on a regular basis to brush the pool, in order to remove what he called the cream and expose the aggregate. My wife and I are extremely happy with the work Joseph performed. He was totally professional from beginning to end. One other very important item. I learned this lesson the hard way, with another contractor. Joseph showed me his CPC license, Liability Insurance and Workers' Compensation. The lesson I learned was this; if you hire an unlicensed contractor, knowingly or unknowingly, you can be assessed a heavy fine. If an employee gets hurt on a customer's property, without Workers' Compensation, the employee can sue the homeowner for medical expenses. In addition and lastly, we hired Joseph to perform a weekly service on our pool. I know we went with the best! My wife and I highly recommend Sugarmill Woods Pool & Spa.

Like a customer would remember the exact names of everything that went into the construction........so fake. This company is ran by the most disrespectful people I have ever met.

Good quality

Sugarmill Woods Pool And Spa - Pool Remodeling Review

We hired Sugarmill pools to remodel our pool and deck area. Joe and his team did a fabulous job. Everything came out beautiful. They worked hard and finished ahead of schedule. We had our pool resurfaced, new pool tile installed and pavers put down on our deck. Everyone who comes over compliments our new transformation. We highly recommend this company and thank them for a job well done. Linda C.
Good quality

Takes advantage of the elderly

My mom was bedridden and I personally watched sugar mill pool and spa, come, smoke a cigarette and leave on multiple occasions. They would be here literally five minutes, sometimes they wouldn't even come. Counting on the fact that it was just an elderly woman who was in bed. On top of that, owners wife became involved with personal family business. Completley rude woman. After asking to be paid three months in advance, and paying it, my pool turnrd green. I owe them no money, last visit, he turned off my fuse box to the pool and took the chlorine. Crooks. I am now a happy client of sun coast pool services.

Totally agree. She sent me text messages, after I complained about the service and told me service was discontinued immediately.

#1191311

This is the owners father. I probably shouldn't reply to this, but I don't think it should go unanswered.

First of all, common sense should give one an idea of who might have made this complaint. If it wasn't the company named in the complaint, then it was another competing company. And, since we know the owner of the company mentioned in the complaint, it is very doubtful that it was him. Second, my son's wife is spanish and speaks very little english.

She has absolutely nothing to do with the business. And thirdly, we supply all chemicals to our clients; so, I don't understand how we could take this persons chlorine.

@PissedConsumer1191311

Sounds like central jersey pool and spa

View more comments (2)
Homosassa, Florida
Poor customer service

Sugarmill Woods Pool And Spa Pool Refinishing Service Review from Spring Hill, Florida