Subscriptions4less is a joke

Ordered from ebay based on ratings then found this sight and wished I'd come here first. Subscriptions4less is a joke. I've lost my money and I have no magazine. Won't return emails. Doesn't answer the phone. It goes right to voice mail without any identification. Too late to file a report with Paypal or Ebay. That's how he gets you. You wait the time frame specified for your magazine and before you know it, it's not coming and it's too late to get your money back. HUGE SCAM!!! Hopefully this will help someone else.
Las Vegas, Nevada

Subscriptions4less - Class action lawsuit anyone??

Subscriptions4less has stolen thousands of dollars from us. Look at how many people have viewed these posts and multiple that by $20. That's over $10,000 right there. Imagine how many people don't even know they've been screwed over yet. Something needs to be done. These criminals deserve some serious jail time. EBay and Paypal are certainly not going to do anything. They've already been paid, what do they care? Reply only once to this post if you're interested in a class action lawsuit. If there's enough interest I'll contact an attorney. Let's do this!

I purchased a subscription to vogue in May that I never received. Of course I waited 6-8 weeks and it was too late to get a paypal refund.

Paypal is claiming there is nothing they can do. I attempted to contact them but of course didn't receive a response. And the auction was removed after I paid them, so there is no way for me to leave feedback.

It looks like they are no longer selling magazines under subscriptions4less on ebay. Doesn't mean they haven't set up shop under another username.

I just realized the subscription I purchased in May has never arrived, and am pissed. I'd be willing to join your lawsuit.

Alyson, I just wrote another email to paypal's customer service w/a list of ebayers ripped-off between june and present (based upon seller's feedback). Most of them stated they contacted paypal and got a refund.

I'm sure there are many (like me) who couldn't leave feedback for numerous reasons (as stated in my prev. msg, the dutch BIN auction was cancelled after I won/paid so there's no auction # for me to leave feedback for...) and that didn't/couldn't get a refund due to too much time passing.I posted this in a few other complaint msg boards but I'm reposting it here so as many ppl as possible can see it and benefit from it. Here is the list I sent Paypal tonight, which covers feedback from June thru present:Negative feedback1) No renewal of subscription per US Weekly, No response from Seller, PP Refunded Buyer: bevinh782 Jun-30-08 15:593yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item2) RIP OFF ! BUYER GONE, NO WARNING, NO MAGAZINES - HAD TO FIGHT W/PP TO GET $ BACK Buyer: smittenkitten89 Jun-26-08 06:493yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item3) Never recieved magazines and sent 2 emails and no response back.

Buyer: alli78 Jun-25-08 09:351yr OK! MAGAZINE + 1yr US WEEKLY - Subscription (#310043****35) US $13.98 View Item 4) Mag. never arrived after 7 wks. No response to any of my emails-paypal refunded Buyer: therewasalittlebird Jun-22-08 18:51 3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item5) Never received magazine - no response from seller - Paypal refunded.

Buyer: faye1218 Jun-15-08 08:163yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item6) almost 8wks-no mags-no communication-my children are devastated! paypal refunded Buyer: 6littlestitches Jun-14-08 09:17 Follow-up by 6littlestitches (Jun-25-08 10:15): STILL NO MAGS- now seller has no items for sale- wonder why????? stay away! 2yr ZOOBOOKS - Subscription [NO S/H] (#110245****25) US $24.98 View Item7) Never received order.

Contact was unsuccessful. Buyer: agrotnes Jun-09-08 20:461yr OK! MAGAZINE + 1yr US WEEKLY - Subscription (#310043****35) US $13.98 8) Received Today but never received Astronomy sub from 02/26, no communication!!! Buyer: tschneeibm Jun-06-08 12:284yr READER'S DIGEST - Subscription **SALE** (#310043****58) US $19.98 View Item------------ Seller had replied to all of these on July 29th stating: * Reply by subscriptions4less (Jul-29-08 20:45): Ebay removed our listings and wouldn't allow access to our account.--------- However that doesn't explain why their email account is inactive or why they couldn't fwd.

our information to the publishers so we'd actually get our subscriptions... Or even why they couldn't EMAIL us (or some other form of contact) to let us know there'd be a delay. Paypal would have the address and auction information necessary for them to submit our info, so being locked out of Ebay is no excuse. For anyone who has been ripped of by these guys, if you paid via paypal, even if it's past 45 days, even if you got a refund already -- CONTACT THEM AGAIN and ask them to open an investigation into Subscriptions4less.

The more people that complain, the more likely they'll refund those of us who were ripped off, even if it's past their 45 day mark. I hope this is helpful to those of you in the same situation.

Paypal rep Ralph Vernon sent me a reply on Thursday 8/7 that stated (in part): > We do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180> calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular> seller. We will contact you by email if this is the case.Good luck everyone.

I'd be willing to join your lawsuit -- I had a few successful transactions from this seller previously, but had made one $15 purchase for 2 subscriptions (redbook & Women's Day) as a gift via BIN a day before ebay shut all auctions down by this seller. The seller assured me these would be submitted to the publishers and based upon past deals, had no reason to doubt him.

That was shortly before Mother's Day (5/7 approx). Here it is 8/7 and the publishers have no record of the order, my mom has no magazines, Paypal & Ebay won't refund anything unless a BUNCH of people that have used paypal to buy from this seller send in complaints about him (DO THAT IF YOU CAN!) at which point they'll open a case if it's w/in 180 days of the fraud issue, and the seller has conveniently disappeared from ebay, cancelling his email account so we can't contact him.

P.S. Here's my response email to EBay after they wouldn't let me file feedback or a dispute:

"I'm very disappointed with EBay, Paypal and Subscriptions4less.

First of all, I can't leave feedback after, what, 60 days? I didn't even know I'd been screwed over until after that. And I can't file a dispute? I will never again shop EBay.

You have a Power Seller with a stellar rating and I'm certain hundreds of people have been taken for thousands of dollars. Thanks for nothing EBay!"

View more comments (4)
Ocala, Florida
Loss

Fraud by subscriptions4less

I've just had the same experience.I paid for a 3 year subscription for the New Yorker magazine which I did not receive. My complaints to PayPal and eBay met with a blank wall and a Google search still shows this company as an eBay supplier. The annoying thing is to discover this review after I had paid! eBay are indeed an unreliable company and a method needs to be developed to ensure they deal with customer complaints in a customer friendly fashion. It's not enough to wash their hands off the matter! There needs to be an accessible website where all these cases are listed.

Add me to the list. Purchased 2 subscriptions March 1.

To this date, no response to repeat emails. No magazines received.

They were forced off ebay in early May. Ebay is removing all magazine sales in an attempt to stop this kind of thing. The unfortunate thing about all of this is I've bought magazines from them before (2 four year subscriptions and 1 one year subscription) and they all came in a timely manner at a great price. But this last one that I got, and paid for, the day before they were 'shut down', I haven't received... and their email address is no longer working.

Someone on another website posted this as their phone # and address -- you might wish to contact them if you're missing your subscriptions:

Subscriptions4less

Phone: 917-536-****

Fax:

PO Box 141150

Staten Island, New York, 10314

U.S.A.

Hope it helps!

Add us to the list of disappointed eBayers--still waiting for two mags we ordered or for response from Subscriptions4Less to our inquiries.

I got ripped offed also... But now they are off of Ebay and I'm out $20.

View more comments (3)
ID
#120980 Review #120980 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Riverside, California

Subscriptions4Less Rip off

I bought a subscription from them off Ebay on December 19, 2007 and they have yet to fulfill my order. The funny thing is that I emailed them and they responded and said that they would resubmit my order.They had forgotten to submit my order. I have paid for this and if they don't give me what I paid for, it is considered fraud and I will let as many people know about this as I can. I will also file many complaints online and let agencies know about it. Ebay does not seem to want to help with this and I find that appalling. It's like they support fraud. I have sent them at least 3 emails recently and they will not respond.

They got me too. The WEEK for two years, never came, don't retunr calls, email is bad. Bummer.

I too orderd a subscription in May of 2008 . Still waiting .Still steaming that all my e mails to the "seller' were ignored .

Also contacte e bay and paypal who both stat4ed I waited too long to complain. My question to them is how do you know you have a problem within 45 days when most magazine subscriptions take many weeks for delivery is started?

I just wrote another email to paypal's customer service w/a list of ebayers ripped-off between june and present (based upon seller's feedback). Most of them stated they contacted paypal and got a refund. I'm sure there are many (like me) who couldn't leave feedback for numerous reasons (as stated in my prev. msg, the dutch BIN auction was cancelled after I won/paid so there's no auction # for me to leave feedback for...) and that didn't/couldn't get a refund due to too much time passing.

Here is the list I sent Paypal tonight, which covers feedback from June thru present. I asked them exactly how many ppl need to complain about a seller, request refunds, etc before they open an investigation. We'll see what they say. Here's the list:

Negative feedback

Buyer: bevinh782 Jun-30-08 15:59

Buyer: smittenkitten89 Jun-26-08 06:49

3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item

3) Never recieved magazines and sent 2 emails and no response back.

Buyer: alli78 Jun-25-08 09:35

Buyer: therewasalittlebird Jun-22-08 18:51

3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246****39) US $19.98 View Item

5) Never received magazine - no response from seller - Paypal refunded.

Buyer: faye1218 Jun-15-08 08:16

Buyer: 6littlestitches Jun-14-08 09:17

Follow-up by 6littlestitches (Jun-25-08 10:15):

STILL NO MAGS- now seller has no items for sale- wonder why????? stay away!

2yr ZOOBOOKS - Subscription [NO S/H] (#110245****25) US $24.98 View Item

7) Never received order. Contact was unsuccessful.

Buyer: agrotnes Jun-09-08 20:46

1yr OK! MAGAZINE + 1yr US WEEKLY - Subscription (#310043****35) US $13.98

Buyer: tschneeibm Jun-06-08 12:28

4yr READER'S DIGEST - Subscription **SALE** (#310043****58) US $19.98 View Item

------------ Seller had replied to all of these on July 29th stating:

* Reply by subscriptions4less (Jul-29-08 20:45):

Ebay removed our listings and wouldn't allow access to our account.

--------- However that doesn't explain why their email account is inactive or why they couldn't fwd. our information to the publishers so we'd actually get our subscriptions... Or even why they couldn't EMAIL us (or some other form of contact) to let us know there'd be a delay. Paypal would have the address and auction information necessary for them to submit our info, so being locked out of Ebay is no excuse.

For anyone who has been ripped of by these guys, if you paid via paypal, even if it's past 45 days, even if you got a refund already -- CONTACT THEM AGAIN and ask them to open an investigation into Subscriptions4less. The more people that complain, the more likely they'll refund those of us who were ripped off, even if it's past their 45 day mark.

I hope this is helpful to those of you in the same situation.

Paypal rep Ralph Vernon sent me a reply on Thursday 8/7 that stated (in part):

> We do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180

> calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular

> seller. We will contact you by email if this is the case.

Good luck everyone.

THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF by this seller -- if you paid thru paypal, do a quick search in your account for the transaction # and contact paypal immediately. Let them know that you heard many people were complaining about fraud from this seller and if enough complaints were rec'd, they'd open an investigation even past the 45 day mark, up to 180 days after the auction ended/items paid.

-- A Paypal cust. svc.

rep told me that via email earlier tonight. - DLM

On a side note, I looked up the # listed above in reverse phone # search & found this: ------------(917) 536-****Type: Cell PhoneProvider: Omnipoint CommunicationsLocation: New York City, NY -------------Interesting that it's a cell #. I'll be trying it tomorrow to see if I can reach anyone.

Can anyone tell us whether they ARE selling on ebay now under a new name?? I saw contact info for them in another thread (phone # and address) but not an email address. That info is: Subscriptions4lessPhone: 917-536-****PO Box 141150Staten Island, New York, 10314U.S.A.

#19710

I got ripped off also. I ordered in early May, my subscription was not renewed and my emails through ebay were not answered.

I filed with Paypal just within the 45 day limit and got my money back. What is the scammer's new name on ebay?

#19480

I purchased a subscription for my son in February. Have not received it and when I try to email them it comes back as not valid account. :(

Sam, on 25-05-2008 22:45, can you post the new name under which they're now selling on eBay? Thank you.

We ordered two subscriptions that never came and our emails to them come back as undeliverable. javascript:ac_smilie(':cry')

I've bought 3 different subscriptions in the past from them, Never a problem until this past Feb. I bought a subscription to Scrye magazine for $20, waited the 100 days and NO Mags.

I tried to contact Subscriptions4less and did get a short reply but never another email and no mags. :(

View more comments (13)
Toccoa, Georgia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article