Do not use this company!!

They were the absolute worse. Please do not use this company and save yourself a lot of grief. After the deposits were made, they never communicated unless we called them. And you had to call several times. You had to deal with one person who was always out. 37 people and not one person was happy with this company. To top things off, one person purchased travel insurance. Sadly she had to use it due to a bad fall but STS never purchased the policy. Gladly accepted her money though. I am so sorry I put my friends and family through this horrible experience.

We are sorry to see that you were unhappy with your trip. Seeing your post is the first we have learned of your disappointment. Please feel free to contact us to discuss the reasons your group was unhappy with your vacation.

ID
Centreville, Maryland
Service
Sts Vacations Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

STS Travel Offers Bogus Deals

I recently "booked" a Jamaican vacation with STS. My husband and I were all excited about it -- it was supposed to be our honeymoon -- we began telling friends, requesting time off at work, etc. However, "the charge never went through," even though I received a confirmation number and an electronic receipt. When it never appeared on my credit card bill, I decided to give STS a call. They, however, were unreachable, and couldn't bother to call me back. When I finally got through, they tried to blame the problem on me and offered to re-book the vacation at THREE TIMES THE ORIGINAL PRICE. After much protesting, they finally admitted that they had made a pricing error and should have called me as soon as it was discovered. Amazingly, however, they still didn't offer me any compensation (i.e., 10% off, $100 credit -- basic business courtesy) for my trouble.

STS is not a travel agency that I would recommend to anyone! They have no common courteous and nor did they offer any refunds towards my horrific traveling experience out of the country to Jamaica.

On the 8th and the 11th of march 2012 I had to pay cab fees to and from the airport because the itinerary that was given to me did not have the travel times for the bus after arriving to Jamaica; which cost me $120.00 instead of the $50.00 dollars per person that I had already paid sts vacations. Prior to me leaving for Jamaica I arrived at O’Hare airport waited in a line over an hour just to find out that I was on the incorrect flight. My Itinerary said I was supposed to fly out of United Airlines, but I was supposed to fly out of U.S. Airways instead. STS Vacations did not inform me of this change and because I complained and made a big stink at the airport they were able to stop the plane from taking off without us. Reservation Number is 020212WM16536. When I asked Monique Walker to assist in rectifying a simple problem she refused to do that so now I am requesting a 35% refund for my troubles and aggravation at the least during this entire ordeal. I was also told that the location that I was at in Lucea, Jamaica was only 10 minutes outside of Montego Bay because Montego Bay is where I wanted to stay or at least be close to, but Lucea was actually 1 hour from the Jamaica airport; not only was I given incorrect information, but I was also lied to by this company. I made my payment via my debit card which is a Visa. I found myself stranded on a resort not being able to enjoy the island because I was too far out and could not afford to drive back to Montego Bay to enjoy what the island had to offer. I was tricked to make a buck and I DO NOT APPRECIATE the situation that STS Vacations left me in. Lori (another Representative) new that this was my first time traveling and she should have seen me all the way through on this ordeal and she did not; she just wanted to make a buck too at the cost of my happiness and expense during this vacation.

I ended up spending unnecessary money in order to correct the issue. Please beware of this company if you have to use a 3rd party in order to make reservations somewhere. If you can avoid using a 3rd party PLEASE DO, just make you own reservations both flight and hotel and you will probably come out cheaper.

I am President of Student Travel Services (www.STSTravel.com), www.STSVacations.com and www.AllInclusiveResorts.com . I am posting to clarify that there is no relationship to the above Company.

We are a Maryland Based Company with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our offices at 1-80*-***-****.

In reference to the first posting, it is in reference to STSVacations.

The client tried to reserve a hotel that was sold out back in 2009. We never accepted any payments from her for this reason.

My husband and I attended the STS Travel 90 minute seminar. We were promised our choice of a free 3 day 2 night vacation, 2 roundtrip airfare tickets, a week long vacation, or a cruise just for attending. Also a $100 dining certificate, dvd player, mp3 player, or digital camera just as a thank you gift for being there.

We sat and listened. This company promised "pennies on the dollar" vacations with a lifetime membership. To the "exclusive" club, there was a start up/ membership fee of around $9700. This membership was said to be transferable to family and friends. Bottom line is, this vacation "club" sounded too good to be true.

When my husband and I stated that the price was just too high, they generously came down to $5500. We stated that that was still too high, it was lowered to $2300. The final offer made to us was $550...We were approached by 4 sales people. One claiming to be a minister and said "Praise Jesus" throughout our conversation.

I asked for documentation of all that was promised, but none could be provided. The deal was offered only at the seminar. We declined of course. When it came to the "free" prizes and "complimentary" thank you gift, we were given a brochure to take home and register online. There is so much red tape to actually receive the prizes it made it impossible to even consider. NONE of them were free. Even the thank you gifts. Also a $9.95 shipping and handling fee that must be sent in first by certified check or money order only....red flag.

Long story short, this has ALL the makings of a complete scam. There was one lady who appeared to be a single mom that stated she has 4 kids. 3 of which are 11 year old triplets that bought the package.... I wanted to just cry. Don't be fooled or lured in :(

This is the norm as described in the above artical.

Just like E-Tour and Travel owned by the Kosmos Group.

The Crooks of this world were existant prior to the financial melt down in the United States, but now they are like *** roaches coming out of the wood work.

BUYER BEWARE OF ALL THES COMPANIES.

IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERY SECOND AND TWO OTHER INDIVIDUALS TO TAKE HIM OR HER.

DO NOT BE A VICTIM OF THESE SCAMMERS.

YOU AS A CONSUMER HAVE THE POWER TO SAY NO,AND DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY.

Go to my articals about VACATION VILLAS AT FANTASY WORL FOR MORE INFO ON HOW THESE COMPANIES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CONSUMERS.

YOU CAN ALSO PUT IN JOE HOLLOWAY IN THE SEARCH ENGINE OF THIS WEB SITE AND FIND OUT ABOUT PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE AND HOW TO BATTLE YOUR ENEMY.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT jcholloway@***.com.

View more comments (3)
ID
Kingsville, Maryland

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article