map-marker Riverside, California

Other Product Review

They are charging me $70.04 every month without my authorization.
Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Richetta Bnf
map-marker Muenchen, Bayern

My account has been debited with $64

I don't know how and why this company "STR Learning" deducted $64.00 from my account. I can't recall when I did any transaction with them. Even if I did, there wasn't any commitment that will warrant the additional charges of $64, because I don't know anything about it, let alone comprehend why the money was taken. And I called a telephone number in the States, nobody was there to speak with me. I am requesting a refund of my $64. And henceforth, keep away from my account. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING AGAIN FROM MY BANK!! I ALSO EXPECT YOU TO BE PICKING PHONE CALLS. Kabir
Loss:

Hi

I am Roger Stent, the Managing Director of ST*R Learning in the UK. It appears that some people have been using our website or web addresses to market Spanish and other Language courses, and then stealing people's money once you have paid.

Please check out our website - www.strlearning.co.uk; we are not related in any way to Str Learning Language, we do NOT sell language courses, we do NOT operate in the USA or Americas and we do NOT ask for money on our website. I feel very sorry for the people who have been caught by this scam, and please note that we are trying to find out how to stop it.

map-marker Schofield, Wisconsin

STR Complaint

They also keep taking $64 out of my husband's check twice each month and there is no way to contact them. They are crooks! My husband signed up for their "free" service and all of a sudden we were out $64! Then subsequent months also out $64 each check! I would like to know what exactly we are paying for. We certainly didn't learn any different language from their *** program....all we learned was how to lose money quick! My husband sent them emails asking to stop taking the money out and they won't respond. We are practically destitute and these companies are taking advantage of that. Watch out people, they are bad news!!!
Loss:
John R Fjq
map-marker Lake Havasu City, Arizona

STR Language Learn

My wife signed up for a program with this company and now they keep taking money from our account every month for nothing. It was a bad program to begin with and now they just steal money every month. They refuse to help by phone and I can't get this to stop, even though I have spent hours on the phone with them and have talked and talked and talked. They promise, after making you wait hours on the phone, and then don't perform. Just like their terrible language program. Does anyone know how to resolve this with these crooks? johnkroddy@***.com
Guest

I had the same problem with this company. I thought I would try the initial program

for $9.95.

Then they sent a box--which I did not have time to look at. Then today I

noticed there was a $64.00 charge on my account. I called this STR Learn language

people and found that for each box they send they charge $64.00 every month to the

tune of $256.00 per box. Then they will send you another box and charge $64.00 every

month for that one.

From what I understand they send up to 4 boxes for a total of $1,024.00.

What a scam! This Paul Pimsleur is a racketeer--and this is a totally dishonest bunch of people.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-837569

Oh I forgot to mention that they are still going to charge me $512 more dollars--even though I told them to cancel. I will try cancelling my debit card--but that means I have notify the legitimate companies which are deducting from my account. I used to purchase online frequently--I don't know if I will do that any more.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-837571

Yes yes, I know. i don't mean I know all about your specific plight, but I do know this company is as crooked as the day is long.

They do steal and cheat and lie, and I know that no government agency, nor BBB, nor anyone gives a ***. I went through it, and for me, when they took all they wanted, they stopped, but not until then.

They stole from me day after day, and the bank allowed it, Chase Bank, and the BBB refused to help, as did any and all consumer protection agencies. I believe this is run by veterans or by politicians, but regardless, it is run by people who are above the law and above normal business practices.

They are crooks, and no one will help. I tried everyone, and when I was out of money, the deductions stopped.

I suggest closing your account, which is the only answer, and going to another institution. I know Chase would not help, so I don't suggest even bothering with them at all.

I know it is inconvenient, but I don't see any other answer.

Hi

I am Roger Stent, the Managing Director of ST*R Learning in the UK. It appears that some people have been using our website name or web addresses to market Spanish Language courses, and then stealing people's money once you have paid.

Please check out our website - www.strlearning.co.uk; we do NOT sell language courses, we do NOT operate in the USA or Americas and we do NOT ask for money on our website. I feel very sorry for the people who have been caught by this scam, and please note that we are trying to find out how to stop it.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-753203

Roger: If this is true - WHY are we still receiving CD shipments from your company?

Guest

If you gave them a card number that is attached to your bank account cancel the card and get a new one issued I have the same problem. Let the buyer beware... :(

Guest

GO TO YOUR BANK AND REQUEST FOR STOP PAYMENT (THE BANK WILL STOP THIS COMPANYS ACCES TO YOUR ACCOUNT) ALSO TO GET ALL YOUR MONEY BACK YOU NEED TO FILE FOR DISPUTE (THEY WILL RETURN ALL UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES)

** YOU WILL ONLY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FIRST CHARGE YOU AUTHORIZED .

GOOD LUCK

Guest

interested if you ever got this resolved. I went to my bank yesterday to have them help me get the charges stopped.

I have learned that they are now charging me TWICE a month for the last 3 months $64. I have now been charged $576 for nothing.

I also just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. My bank is helping me to get charges stopped and they say, my money back.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-678117

This company has learned how to steal from people on a regular basis. This is a company of terrorists with a substandard product, protected by the banking system which only encourages them to take money from innocent victims.

My bank was no help at all, however, the charges have finally stopped. I think because I called several times a day, and had everyone I could get to call too. This is a bad company, with a bad product, that exists because they steal and the banking system allows it.

I never found a solution and I really hope you do. All my best to you really, but my best suggestion is to close your bank account immediately.

View more comments (8)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article