Common Sense Isn't Common at Stor-It

Been storing stuff here for almost 3 years @ $125/month. Last month, someone cut my lock off by mistake (I was told). The facility put another lock on my unit but was a keyed lock not a combo as was on it. They called to tell me what happened and to come by so they could swap locks. I travel a lot and was out of town. I came back and went to the unit on a Sunday to get equipment for my next trip. Couldn't get into the unit so I called the after-hours number provided. No one called me back. I came back @ 8am the next morning but they don't open until 9. I called the after-hours number again to no avail. Therefore, I proceeded to my unit and cut their lock off in order to gain access to my unit which is 100% paid up. Now, they demand I pay $10 for the lock before I can gain access to the unit. Would have made too much sense to put a combo lock on the unit and email me the new combination. Little do they know, they just bought themselves a trip to small claims court...it's not about the money, it's the principle of the matter...
ID
Product
Storit Self-Storage Storage Unit
Reason of review
Bad quality

Stor-it won't leave me alone

I had a locker for 17 years with Stor-it 7800W. State street,Boise Idaho.83714 when I went to get my stuff the roof had leaked on it,the manager said he had only been there for a month,I informed him I was done with them and vacating the locker, I also wrote them multiple times that I was done with them, they keep sending me bills 9 months later,and at 6:30 In the morning on Mar.3 Some woman called me from there,Screaming and yelling for me To stop harrassing her employees, I have No idea what she was going on about,and she would not listen to me trying to tell her that I had vacated the Locker last May. This storage facility is a huge mess, the management is apparently mentally ill and incapable of being proffesional, I would wish they would leave me be. I owe them nothing and am considering sueing them for failing to provide secure storage facilities Thank you, Dave Baker

Heres to hoping.you see this. Do you remember which unit it was?

I just got my stuff out and my son's matress is ruined. I was in E 15.

ID
South Lake Tahoe, California
Loss

About

Storit Terms of Service
Welcome to Stor-It Self Storage (the "website"). This website is provided solely to assist customers in gathering information about self storage, determining the availability of self storage units plus related goods and services, making legitimate reservations, or otherwise transacting business with self storage space suppliers, and for no other purposes. The terms Website, The Company, Company's and "Stor-It Self Storage" refer to "www.stor-it.com" and/or Storit's' subsidiaries. The term The Client refers to the customer visiting the website, mobile site and/or booking self storage unit reservation(s) through www.stor-it.com on this website, via phone, and/or through Company's agents. This website and related platforms are offered to The Client of Storit conditioned upon The Client's acceptance without modification of all the terms, conditions, and notices set forth below (collectively, the "Agreement").
To read more: https://www.stor-it.com/assets/images/content/Stor-It_PRIVACY_POLICY_and_TERMS.pdf
Storit Privacy Policy
The Company value The User's interest in Stor-It Self Storage; Website respect and share The Customer's concern about privacy. So that The User understand Company's policies and The Customer's options, Storit have prepared this policy to explain what information Website gather about The Client when The User of company services visit Storit's' website and related platforms, how The Company use it, and the safeguards www.stor-it.com have in place to protect it. This policy may be updated from time to time, so check periodically for changes. This includes information that can identify The User ("personal information"), including The Customer's first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). Website may also request information about The Client's self storage unit rental preferences. The Customer can choose not to provide information to Storit but in general most of the information www.stor-it.com request from The User is required in order for The User of Website reserve a self storage unit, sign up for a discount, participate in a survey or contest, ask The Company a question, or initiate other transactions on Company's website.
Storit FAQ
If there is a storage space available that meets The Customer's specific storage needs, The Client of Storit can move in anytime. The Company require a 5 day written notice before The Client move out. Company's staff will go over that process at the time of signing. www.stor-it.com offer low cost insurance options through MiniCo Tenant Insurance. Ask a Stor-It Self Storage Manager for details. Website offer a separate set of hours for accessing The User's storage units. The User of Website can either pay in person, through the mail or on Company's website. The User may also sign up to have the payment automatically deducted from The Customer's credit card or debit card. Checks, Cash, Money Orders, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Over the phone and online payments available for the above listed credit cards. Yes, here at Stor-It Self Storage www.stor-it.com have boxes and all The Client's storage supplies.
To read more: https://www.stor-it.com/storage-help/frequently-asked-questions
Top Storit Products

Self-Storage Storage Unit

Summary

Storit is a locally-owned and operated family business which is dedicated to offering affordable and convenient self-storage services. Storit has been operating in Boise, Idaho and the Treasure Valley since 1972. Today the company possesses 7 sites of storage which occupies over 1,400,000 sq. ft. that is in total 6684 storage units. The company offers its clients store units to keep their personal treasures, business inventory, cars, boats, and RVS, etc. The storage facilities of Storit are climate controlled, they have big doors and wide drives; computerized gates and camera surveillance are available. Access to the storage is provided 24 hours 7 days per week. Professional Moving service is also among the options offered by Storit.

Storit reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article