Stoneman Masonry - Brick Steps Review

I also hired stone man masonry last year and had them build me brick steps.I paid over $6000.00 last month bricks started falling off and part of the steps are crumbling. ..I've called many times and left messages. And still no call back I even called other masonry companies and asked if this should be happening too my steps after just a year. .they told me absolutely not if they were built right I should see no kind of problems to at least 10 to 15 years. .they told me he must not of mixed the cement right and its turning to sand. I'm going to still be paying these stairs off for the next three years,and they are falling apart
#2203024

Is the the mason in nee York state formerly New Jersey

ID
#520914 Review #520914 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Boston, Massachusetts

Did not do flashing on chimney correctly

Jerry came out to assess why I was having water come in through the chimney. He first stated that it was likely the chimney caps needed replacing. On the day he performed the work he called me 3 times in 5 min. each time telling me that I needed to do something else in addition. Of course each phone call cost me an additional $300 to $500. I should have stopped him then and there and got a second opinion but was on vacation and just wanted it taken care of. A week after the work was completed we had a rain storm and water was still coming in through the chimney and into my family room. Jerry told me that he would have to do more work and that it would cost another $600. Instead of taking his word for it this time I called two separate roofing companies to check his work and get another opinion. Both contractors said that the flashing that Jerry did was done incorrectly. He did not use metal flashing on the chimney and that all the work he did would have to be scrapped off and be redone. Neither of the two companies knew Jerry or even knew that the work had been done recently. I called Jerry to tell him this and he became defensive saying that the companies were trying to rip me off. I asked him to refund my money and he refused at first but stated that he would refund my money if the contractors work stopped the problem. Of course, the professionals work did stop the water from coming in and of course Jerry is no longer responsive. At the very least I would have hoped that Jerry was a man of his word but apparently he is not. Please consider using a contractor who will guarantee their work and who will likely get the job done right the first time.
Loss

Stoneman masonry watch out for him

i have had work done by stoneman masonry in quincy ma..not only did he start the job two weeks late he left a huge mess in my yard and my wall looks worse than before...its the worst work i have had done,im gotta pay some else to fix it. and when i called the company's owner jerry casey he was rude and mean to me about it...I think this company should be shut down. this makes me never want to hire a other contractor again. it was the worst two weeks of my life.the guy who lives next door to me even came by to complain on they lourd talk and swearing whlie working at my house. nevermind the trash and mess left in my yard. i did not even call to have them come back and clean it. by this time i was just happy to have them gone.

I couldn't agree MORE. Jerry came out to assess why I was having water come in through the chimney.

A week after the work was completed we had a rain storm and water was still coming in through the chimney and into my family room. I called two separate roofing companies to check his work and get another opinion. Both contractors said that the flashing that Jerry did was done incorrectly.

asked him to refund my money and he refused at first but stated that he would refund my money if the contractors work stopped the problem. Of course, the professionals work did fix the problem and Jerry is not responsive.

i could not agree more we had work done by him also and had to have him come back twice to fix it. then we finally had to call someone else who knew who to really fix it

View more comments (1)
Hingham, Massachusetts
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article