Short Review on February 11, 2017

Steve Huff is a major scammer. Will do anything for a buck. Used to sell *** with a rape theme. He ripped me off on some audio equipment.
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Steve Huff - Review in Appliances and Electronics category from Mesa, Arizona

I do have proof Steve Huff is a fraud, and anyone is welcome to fact check this. I live in the same city as Huff. Which means that we listen to the same radio stations, have the same radio stations sweeping through our boxes. In a recent ghost box video (in the last month) where Huff does a backyard vlog and quick traditional box session, Huff annotated that a spirit was saying "You're the one." It was actually KUPD's countdown, "number one". I would recognize it anywhere after 20 years hearing it every day, but just to be sure, I put the clip on my audio program, cleaned up the ambient contamination, and yes, it indeed was the KUPD top ten countdown. Not "you're the one." And here's the thing... Absolutely everyone around here would recognize it if they heard it. There's absolutely no way that he didn't know full well that it was KUPD, every Phoenix resident has heard it daily. He knew he was annotating his video incorrectly, and that is fraud as far as ITC goes. If anyone wants to fact check what I'm saying, there are many KUPD countdown clips on YouTube and around the internet to compare it to.

The world has always had its fair share of charlatans and I can guarantee you that Steve Huff is one of them. I knew him personally and can tell you he justifies his dishonesty in so many ways.

He misrepresents himself indicating experience he does not have and takes advantage of the naïveté and misfortune of others to make a buck. His general attitude is that if people are stupid enough to believe him, that’s their own issue. His entertainment is duping others. He is sick.

He worked as a phone psychic (proudly said he could fool people) , produced adult films indicating the people who worked fornhim were drug addicts but he made a lot of money from them, and feeds off of people hoping to connect with dead loved ones through his bogus communication with the dead. He makes me sick.

Visiting his websites, giving him attention/money just keeps feeding this beast. Beware.

Huff is a complete *** A 100% bona fide slap-head fraudster.

View more comments (1)
Mesa, Arizona

Steve Huff Staff Review

Narcissism is a terrible disease and Steve Huff appears to have the traits of a textbook case. But the worst thing about a narcissist isn't that they're pathetic and friendless. They're dishonest, they cheat relentlessly on their partners, and they do whatever they have to in order to feel in control. In Steve's case, it involves setting people up and ripping them off. Not a good guy.
Grand Forks, North Dakota

Hate speech/bullying

Several "Anonymous" reviewers are trashing Steve Huff - clearly there is an agenda since they are leaving posts as anonymous. Wreaks of trashing and a group with an agenda against one individual. This is the type of "information" you allow on your website? Obviously not very reliable nor discriminating. Seems to me it is very easy to trash someone and to say whatever nasty thing one wants without any repercussions or fear of retaliation - especially when posting as anonymous. I can be reached at debbycasy2312@***.com if you would like to discuss this further, however, I feel this is highly unfair and discriminatory.

Unfortunately, when you set yourself up as the saviour of the spirit world, this is what happens. *** fraudulent *** that he is.

Steve u realy need a doc.

This smacks of paranoia. Logic is out the window in this post. Mental illness unchecked is a sad and pathetic state in which to be.

Steve Huff seriously you're a pathetic liar, you are a God unto yourself and you run everyone down, little by little your fans are beginning to see you for what you truly are.. full of BS!!

This is very tacky even for you Steve Huff! Everyone can see this comment is you trying to defend yourself because nobody else will!

There is no "agenda". Proof of your fraudulent business practices are all over the Internet. At this point, you've just screwed over too many people and now you're out of allies. You're pathetic!

Nobody is "jealous" of your conartistry. Love and light!

I bet you wouldn't be so protective Debbie if he wasn't your boyfriend!

The guy is a commercialized charlatan who is in everything for self gain be it his App thats a *** from the GB-1 the only difference is appearance! $50 a pop that's daylight robbery!!

Even his video's are full of holes galore so nothing surprises me about him ripping off people with camera gear..

Let me just say Sanchez will ride him till he doesn't do the $ any good or people get bored with his choppy videos but there's a Fool born every day right?

Well at least that's what he said to a patron at a venue I attended with him there skyting about his big investment with Sanchez at the time for the SCD-1 before it came out only its all been Sanchez NOT HUFF!!

Maybe if your fella didn't lie so much he wouldn't have so much abuse online. His videos have the same male voice and none are ever shown unedited in the context it was recorded.

He also used to claim he wasn't psychic and now he makes claims about sensing spirit. He always said theres no such thing as demons and possessed items. Again he changed his mind and now is psychic and also items can be possesed and people. Hes a very bad liar.

The new scd1 he said had 80 starions scanning when only 10 are scanning. That man is the biggest fraudster around. He claims he has many followers because hes very good at what he does. Then why was he paying thousands on youtube paid ads to his channel and also facebook ads.

For a hobby hes sure spending a lot of money promoting himself. Why? sounds like a man with motives especially when he lies so much about how he got where he is today. Steve is not *** he clearly knows the scd1 is missleading the paranormal community.

Everybody knows that to sell a product Huff is the man to promote it. They all dont like him including sanchez but steves to *** to realise when hes being used. Or is he? We all knew a product of some kind would follow all that promoting of himself.

And it did. All hes every contributed to the paranornal is videos of other peoples work which be piggy backs from their success and contributes towards it by sharing with his viewers. This is how he works as he does this with cameras. Notice anything steve promotes is the BEST even with cameras.

It could be the worst camera ever and steve will say its great. Why to get more free cameras to review and sell later. The only advance steve has on people is money to burn on promoting his channel and facebook through paid ads and free giveaways. Hes a sales man through and through.

And he has no care for the paranornal community other than money like all scammers do. The paranornal is known for fakes and steve has never once proven himself to be honest with his videos. He switches and changes his mind like he did with echovox. He loved that app and as soon as he fell out with danny its suddenly a bad app.

Shame on you steve huff but hey we all know the truth and will make sure everybody knows. Have a nice day mrs huff go do some shopping with the money your man earned from absolute lies. I dont know how you sleep at night knowing your spending peoples hard earned cash your man conned people out of. i hope people eventually realise who you are when iut in public and share their opinions with you in person.

Enjoy the rest of your day.. MARK COULTOUS

@PissedConsumer979620

Here's what type of person Huff really is

@PissedConsumer979620

Wow!! I always thought steve was on the up.

But after reading these reviews I am not so sure.I am very interested in the paranormal and afterlife, disappointing... tho.

View more comments (8)
Peoria, Arizona

SCAMMER

I had no idea what I was getting myself into. He told me lenses weren't worth anything and bought them from me for next to next to nothing. Come to find out, they were worth a lot. Leica brand....like 20k. He paid me about 2k.I had no idea at the time, as this was a...

Things like that, all material things are only worth what people are willing to pay in exchange for them. If you sold something without knowing its worth it is not the buyers issue. I know Steve and he is not looking to take unfair advantage of anybody, that is not who he is.

View more comments
Phoenix, Arizona
Loss

Steve Huff the photographer sold me broken equipment and lied about it.

Update by user Mar 04, 2013

Absolutely untrue. I have all the emails, Steve.

I have the original ad that states the manual and belt are included...they weren't. Your ad promises UPS insured. You sent USPS uninsured. Better believe I wouldn't trust you after that.

I'm going to throw your reputation all over the country and I won't stop until I'm ready to stop. Could be decades. Interesting none of your web information shows where you are. Wonder why?

No lies here,and I have every speck of proof that my side is 100% true. Regarding sending back after my refund...that's what Audiogon decided.

YOU agreed to their terms, then backed out. wrigleybaxter Going to start this ALL over very shortly.

Update by user Sep 22, 2011

Apparently Steve Huff Photography is either moving to or has moved to Chicago. Checking with my attorney general, he can still be held liable for this once the paperwork is filed through the agencies interested in misleading/fraudulent use of the postal service and internet. People need to know that buyer beware is the most important thing to know when dealing with Steve Huff or Steve Huff Photography.

Original review posted by user Aug 22, 2011
The update you submitting will be added to the top of your original review. Cancel Submit You were reading a complaint about Steve Huff. Filing a new complaint about I purchased a Pro-Ject turntable from Steve Huff via Audiogon. Money order was first mistake. He promised to send UPS, insured. The box arrived USPS, uninsured. Turntable plinth was literally broken, rendering the table garbage. He also didn't send the promised manual or turntable belt. Steve Huff didn't refund me even though Audiogon found him at fault. He said I broke the turntable and was trying to rip him off, even though he was supposed to have insured the turntable. Audiogon suspended Steve Huff, yet Steve Hoff continues to sell expensive audio equipment via false names on Audiogon. If you're communicating with Steve Huff under one of his other IDs, you'll eventually discover he's Steve Huff. Back away fast,. You may get ripped off for thousands of dollars, not the several hundred he got me for/. I was contacted some time ago by one guy who was looking at some high end speakers costing thousands of dollars, but once he saw the name Steve Huff, he emailed me!. Hopefully the guy didn't buy from Steve Huff!. Steve Huff is a photographer with a website and he lives in Arizona!. I'm happy to supply all copies of his ad for the broken turntable he sold me and all correspondence between Steve Huff, Audiogon, and me'. I also recommend that you stay away from Audiogon!. They may have suspended Steve Huff, but continue to allow Steve Huff to sell on their site under any number of other names/IDs

Yes Steve Huff is a scammer. He also uses the name Steve Smith.

this is copied from Beenverified and Public Data Check criminal records. these are on his report with his birthdate. He will probably deny these and say it is in error. How can it be an error on both background sites.

Everything he sells is always 100% real and the best. He could sell a tooth brush and it would be 100% real and the best. I think he went to liars school. He is fooling all of poor dumb people.

He tells them things and they believe every word he says. I think he has them hypnotised. He is getting a swimming pool built as we speak. Laughing at those people all the way to the bank with their money.

He is to sneaky to get caught. He is not doing anything legally wrong either Morally yes but not legally.

I don't think.

STEVE P HUFF DOB: 11/1969

STEPHEN SMITH DOB: 11/1969

STEPHEN ERIK SMITH DOB: 11/1969

I was sold a broken camera via mail by Steve Huff. Very similar story to the man who reported this incident.

Anybody who read this remember him saying he's no longer selling audio equipment because of this experience? he never stopped. He's doing it now on his own website. If you buy from Steve Huff, you will be sorry you did.

What's creepiest about this is that he lies so strongly that it's clear he either believes his own lies because he lies habitually and that he needs treatment for whatever causes that. If he knows he's lying, then he's nothing more than a common, lowlife thief.

I will be setting up a website that contains copies of the original ad Huff ran on Audiogon, my email, his emails, pictures of the turntable, proof that he didn't insure the package as promised. This isn't going away. Ever.

A new website will be launched shortly regarding this very situation. I will be posting every piece of information I have from this transaction. Steve Huff will be exposed for his lying, and black heart.

Absolutely untrue. I have all the emails, Steve.

And to Steve Huff Photography Steve Huff's comments about an email in which I refuse a refund? Didn't happen. The only refusal was on Steve Huff's part to follow the procedures Audiogon outlined in order to complete a refund.

@Jeffrey S Rqd

Oh, so apparently you're selling audio equipment....that the stuff you said you weren't going to sell anymore? People, people...there's a pattern going on here.

Don't risk your money on this guy. There are hundreds of others out there who do what SH does and they do it better by a long shot.

And they don't steal from you in the process. Gonna pay you a visit soon, Steve...

Apparently I need to re-report my story with ALL of the specifics involved, since Mr. Huff's response does not include the facts as they transpired. His response is misleading and vague. In my possession I have all email correspondence between me, Mr. Steve Huff, and the selling site, Audiogon, it's easy to report what transpired accurately. Unlike Steve Huff, I don't have to rationalize my behavior or exclude relevant and important facts, or lie about my part in this transaction. I have all of the necessary documentation to back every statement I’ve made and will make this my response to Mr. Huff.

First, Steve Huff committed to ship the turntable via UPS, insured. He shipped USPS and did not purchase the insurance I paid for. To reiterate: UPS insured was clearly stated as the shipping company in Steve Huff’s Audiogon ad. After receiving my postal money order, which was the only form of payment Steve Huff would accept, Huff neither called nor emailed to ask me to authorize a switch in carriers, nor did he offer to reduce the price of the turntable in exchange for not insuring the shipment. Had Steve Huff requested that I drop the insurance in exchange for a refund of the cost to insure the shipment, I would not have complied with such a request. Insurance is a must when buying anything that requires shipping from one destination to another.

If Steve Huff had followed through on his promises to ship UPS, to insure the shipment, a simple damage claim could have been filed and this problem would have been resolved. As a result it is apparent that there may never be a just resolution. Until that occurs I will pursue the matter in order to inform and protect other consumers.

When the package arrived, I was surprised to see that it had arrived via USPS. When I opened the box not only was the turntable's plinth broken, but Mr. Huff did not include the turntable belt or the manual, both of which were supposed to be included, according to his ad. Steve Huff never did send the missing belt or manual to me.

When I contacted Steve Huff and expressed my surprise and dissatisfaction with the method of shipping, his failure to insure, the broken turntable, and the missing pieces, Steve Huff's responded that I had to send it back before he'd refund me the purchase price, but none of the shipping charges would be refunded. I very honestly expressed my discomfort with his offer, particularly given his failure to honor the terms he had set for the sale of the turntable. He also accused me of breaking the turntable at that time, which only increased my level of skepticism about his integrity. In my mind, sending Steve Huff the turntable would mean I would end up with nothing.

I had done everything I needed to hold up my end of this transaction. When Huff’s carelessness and disregard for honoring his stated and promised terms came back to him, he rudely avoided my questions and accused me of breaking the turntable which is an absolutely baseless accusation.

At that point communication had clearly broken down and it was evident to me that I would not reach a satisfactory resolution with Steve Huff, so I contacted Audiogon and was advised to open a dispute following the guidelines set in their policy. They would mediate by gathering information, read and analyze presentations by both sides of the issue, and then resolve the case. Audiogon's decision was that Steve Huff would refund me the purchase price plus the price I paid for shipping, as well as the cost of shipping to return the turntable. Once refunded, I would ship the turntable back to Steve Huff, and everybody would have complied with Audiogon's terms, leaving no bad feelings or ill will.

However, Steve Huff refused to honor Audiogon's decision, again accusing me of trying to rip him off. As a public school teacher, I would lose my license to practice my vocation if I promised to return the turntable after I was refunded, then intentionally kept both the refund and the turntable. Steve Huff would have had grounds to pursue legal action or even fraud charges, and I would lose the case. Simple. Why would I risk all of that to keep a broken turntable? I wouldn't. It's a no brainer, really.

So, I forwarded Steve Huff's refusal to honor Audiogon's decision to them, their response was to leave negative feedback on his Audiogon account. I did so, and was then informed via email by Steve Huff that since I left him negative feedback he would never refund me, whether or not I did return the turntable. Once I Audiogon notified of Steve Huff's response, they immediately suspended him from their website.

A couple of months later I was contacted by another Audiogon member who had been considering purchasing a very expensive pair of speakers from a seller whom he believed was Steve Huff. He wanted to know my about my experiences with Mr. Huff. I notified Audiogon that Steve Huff was apparently selling under another ID on their site, and they suspended that ID, agreeing indeed that Huff was back on their site. Within a couple of days I found the speakers for sale under yet ANOTHER Audiogon ID, and again, notified Audiogon. I dropped the matter after that, never knowing if Audiogon followed up on that ID. I still have the emails from the member making the initial inquiry about my experiences.

What heaps insult upon injury in this ordeal is that I traded my old turntable for an amplifier that I thought would work well with the Pro-Ject table I was getting from Steve Huff. While the risk was obvious I assumed my risk to minimal to non-existent. After all I had paid for shipping insurance. What's the lesson I gleaned from that? From my point of view, the lesson is that if Steve Huff refuses to honor the terms he sets when he sells a turntable for $300 plus shipping/insurance, how reliable is Steve Huff when he's trying to sell speakers for thousands of dollars, or photographic equipment worth hundred or perhaps thousands of dollars? Logically, it would seem the more money is involved, the greater the possibility exists that you end up fleeced by Steve Huff.

Due to constant and excessive medical expenses I am in no position to buy another turntable. My youngest son lives with Type One Diabetes and the costs associated with keeping up with his needs are staggering. As a result we live paycheck to paycheck, and sometimes that isn't enough to meet our monthly expenses. It was a struggle to put money together to buy the turntable, and I wish I never had. I haven't had the privilege of listening to any of my vinyl in over a year, and I miss it. Having a healthy and happy son is what really matters, of course. Fair or not doesn't really come into play when health is involved. It also doesn’t mean I’m letting the matter go. The longer this remains unresolved, the more people there are to learn about this unfortunate act Mr. Huff has committed.

I have little faith that Steve Huff will ever do the right thing, but I’m on the right side of this issue. I have every email between Steve Huff, Audiogon, and me. I still have the postal money order receipt and number should I decide to pursue this issue. I’ve recently learned the Department of Justice is very serious about Internet fraud, as is the USPS regarding their services to commit fraud. The documentation I have makes a strong case for it. Since Mr. Huff posted stock Pro-Ject pictures rather than the actual turntable he sold, it does legitimatize the possibility that he intended to sell a broken turntable from the onset. Should my computer be hacked or crash, I have printed hard copies and I have two backup discs with all the documentation to support my statements. They’re safely tucked away in a Pro-Ject turntable box with a broken and useless turntable.

Initially I simply wanted to warn other unwary buyers to be wary of Steve Huff’s unwillingness to abide his own rules/terms when those rules/terms. Since Steve Huff seems quite comfortable denying facts and twisting the truth in order to justify his dishonest behavior, warning others may not be enough.

This guy was sent a perfect TT. WIth e-mail communications it sounded to me like he broke it himself, then wanted a refund. I asked him to ship it back and I would refund him. I asked him this several times. He refused to ship it back first. He wanted a refund without returning the merchandise (which HE NEVER did do btw). So how can I refund this guy when he did not return the turntable. I offered but he refused. This was a LONG time ago now but somehow just found this ridiculous page. All you had to do was send it back and you would have had a refund. Easy. BTW, I no longer buy or sell hi end audio, so not sure who you are referring to on Agon. I have not been on that site since this whole fiasco. Never will.

THE FACTS

I sent you a perfect condition TT

Not sure what happened when you got it but I offered a refund to you if you sent it back. You refused so I did not send you a refund.

I still have my email showing this refund offer and your refusal.

@PissedConsumer333662

It's funny how it's always somebody else's fault - seems to be a recurring theme with this guy

View more comments (13)
Laporte, Minnesota

Steve Hoff the photographer sold me broken equipment and lied about it.

Update by user Aug 22, 2011

This should have read Steve Huff, not Hoff. Resubmitted same text with corrected spelling of the last name.

Original review posted by user Aug 22, 2011
I purchased a Pro-Ject turntable from Steve Hoff via Audiogon. Money order was first mistake. He promised to send UPS, insured. The box arrived USPS, uninsured. Turntable plinth was literally broken, rendering the table garbage. He also didn't send the promised manual or turntable belt. Steve Hoff didn't refund me even though Audiogon found him at fault. He said I broke the turntable and was trying to rip him off, even though he was supposed to have insured the turntable. Audiogon suspended Steve Hoff, yet Steve Hoff continues to sell expensive audio equipment via false names on Audiogon. If you're communicating with Steve Hoff under one of his other IDs, you'll eventually discover he's Steve Hoff. Back away fast. You may get ripped off for thousands of dollars, not the several hundred he got me for. I was contacted some time ago by one guy who was looking at some high end speakers costing thousands of dollars, but once he saw the name Steve Hoff, he emailed me. Hopefully the guy didn't buy. Steve Hoff is a photographer with a website and he lives in Arizona. I'm happy to supply all copies of his ad for the broken turntable he sold me and all correspondence between Steve Hoff, Audiogon, and me. I also recommend that you stay away from Audiogon. They may have suspended Steve Hoff, but continue to allow Steve Hoff to sell on their site under any number of other names/IDs.
Laporte, Minnesota

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article