Complaint Letter Sample
You may come across an abundance of possible reasons for writing a complaint letter, e.g. negative experience with an airline, dissatisfaction with a product, discrimination, harassment, unethical behavior of colleagues or upper management, etc. That’s why you should know how to write a complaint letter since it remains an effective way to protect your rights and freedoms. If you have to complain and want your problem to get resolved, consider writing a proper complaint letter.
Benefits of Effective Complaint Letters
Effective letters of complaint are extremely important as they can:
- help to get your issue investigated sooner;
- get your concerns addressed;
- allow involving government agencies in your case;
- be used as evidence in legal proceedings;
- show your commitment in pursuing your complaint;
- let the company management team know your side of the story.
A complaint letter is always difficult to write. There are no statutory prescribed complaint letter samples. But there exist general requirements to the style, execution, and content of such correspondence.
Consider the following tips to write an effective complaint letter:
- Use clear and constructive official style of business correspondence. Do not use an emotional vocabulary. You should write in a firm but kind manner. Stick to the facts. Give the brief summary of your situation.
- State your full name and contact details (e-mail, phone number, and address) in order to get a quick response.
- Be polite, non-aggressive, and non-threatening. No one will take your complaint seriously if you are ranting, raving, or using foul language. Effective complaint letters are calm, confident, and direct.
- Include copies of all content relevant to your issue: if you are dissatisfied with a product, you should provide evidence. It can be photos or video records of discovered product defects, a copy of your original receipt, and so on. You may also send copies of chat or e-mail correspondence or records of phone calls you’ve had with the customer reps in regard to your problem. Keep all originals.
- Do not forget to state your specific requirements. It is a must even if you just want to inform the company management about the unprofessional or rude behavior of your colleagues. You may simply write: “Please, take appropriate measures”. Indicate how long you are willing to wait for their response. Be reasonable.
- Avoid grammar, style, and punctuation errors.
You can’t just download and use the any sample of a complaint letter that you find on the Internet. Each particular case should be presented in a right way. Below you can find and download complaint letter examples for different industries. They are concise, specific, and well formed. Some complaint letter examples stipulate a number of requirements about additional materials and documents that are essential for filing a formal complaint. Correct samples can facilitate the process of writing effective complaints.
A letter of complaint is an efficient tool for protecting your rights. If written correctly, it is a silver bullet to getting specific results.
Here you will find specific Sample Letters of Complaint that can be helpful while dealing with your issue. However, there are things you should consider when writing any kind of complaint. Check out the tips on how to write an effective complaint letter and get the result.