Hertz rental disaster

I put in for a rental with Hertz two weeks before my trip online. Their site was having problems so I called their 800 number. They tried to charge me extra but I was able to talk them down from that. A voucher was to be sent to me via fax (who still uses a fax machine?) but it didn't arrive after the 10 minutes they said it would come. I called back continuously asking for an email but they said they don't have that capability!!! It took 7 phone calls, over an hour and a half on hold, and 13 different people before they were able to send it to me as an email. One of the people in customer service said to me, "the person who sends emails is not in until this afternoon". The email came less than 24 hours before my flight. When we went to pick up the rental the computers weren't working at the pick up site. Many customers who had pre paid were turned away because they didn't have their vouchers. After the rental we were charged an additional $400 for hidden fees. Carolyn in customer service took an attitude immediately after I told her we were overcharged. I don't understand how this company stays in business.
ID
Wyoming, Minnesota

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article