Spotted Kingdoms (Zanesville, Ohio)-Deposit

I placed a $300.00 deposit for second pick of a Dalmatian puppy that was due to be born sometime after 5/28/2013. I spoke with Kristen Long (owner of the pregnant dog)several times reagarding the purchase of the puppy. She assured me that if I sent the money I would have second pick. She requested the payment not be made in the form of a check, I asked if a money order would be good and she advised that it would be. In good faith I sent a money order in the amount of $300.00 for a pure bred Dalmatian puppy. I called her several times to assure that she received the money order and finally received confirmation on June 2 that she received the money order and that she expected the puppies to be born that night or early morning. On Monday morning (June 3) I received confirmation that the puppies were indeed born, unfortunately the Dalmation dog was impregnated by the neighbors Laborador. All this was allegedly not known to Kristen. She was very upset that she could not deliver a Dalmatian puppy to me. She also assured me that she would return the deposit to me. To this date June 18)I have not received a return of my deposit. I gave her a week to return the deposit and then began calling her daily, texting her and sending emails, all without the common decency to return my calls, texts or emails. All I want is MY DEPOSIT back. I know people have bought puppies from her without difficulties, I am at a loss to understand why she will not call me back and let me know the status of my deposit. For those of you looking for a Dalmatian puppy, please don't go with Kristen of Spotted Kingdoms Dalmatians, she is untrustworthy.

She is still at it but located now in Mason City, IA under the name Serenity Dalmatians

I also lost a $150 deposit to her in 2012. I did have a hold on a Dalmatian puppy but they became so sick and she sentnme pictures of them head to toe scabs and with pneumonia.

Some died as a result of her tube feeding and it getting into their lungs. I just made the decision to go elsewhere after I was lied to about an inital picture say the face was scratched when in reality his while little body had broken out and he was underweight due to the mother not producing enough milk. So you are not alone. You are correct not trustworthy or a reputable breeder by any means.

Beauty has been bred many times already, poor dog.

I understand your frustration. I went through the same thing. Each time some excuse why she could not refund my money.

@PissedConsumer693790

Angel,

Thank you for your response. I have contacted an attorney and will post my results.

View more comments (3)
ID
#420602 Review #420602 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Sold me a Deaf Dalmatian full price

I purchased a dalmatian puppy from Spotted Kingdoms in Ohio. I picked up the puppy when she was 7 weeks old. She was full of parasites and it took me several weeks and a lot of money to get that cleared up. I then took her to Columbus for a hearing test and found out she was deaf. Kristen Call (the breeder) e-mailed me and told me she would refund half my money, but give her a few weeks. My puppy is now 5 months old and I haven't seen a dime. Do not buy a dog from this breeder.

She is still at it! Mason City Iowa under the name Serenity Dalmatians

My lengthy response to paula did not post for some reason. I'll have to retype it another time.

Please ignore the smiley faces in my last post. They r not supposed to be there

Also, Paula, it would seem you don't know MY puppies as we ad I DO. I have a very, very clear memory of Reba's underdeveloped puppy.

How can you really sit there and say I would mix something like that up? Or that YOU would know better?!?! Really Paula...I don't think of the one who doesn't understand the shoe on the other person'sffoot. I tried so hard to save that puppy.

You :x have NO idea!!!!! I am not God to control life and death. One of the first cruel lessons every person who deals regularly in the arrival of new life learns is that death is a part of life. There are akc show breeders who have criticized me for "interferring" in my litters.

Many professional breeders believe survival of the fittest. I believe that every life is precious. The only other puppy who died in Reba' s litter was Finnegan (fin-dark green collar). He died several months after we went to live with his owner, matt.

I had warned matt expressly that Finns shots should b completed before they go in public...but ::p caught parvo in a park or on a walk. I found out only after Finn was gone :'( :'( matt was crushed. I had went to college with him and I knew how he saved for Finn. So Il gave him Finn half sister for free.

Finns death was not my fault.

But I know what its like to lose a pet...especially one so awaited and still so young. I gave him a free puppy because I am a NICE person and I CARE!!!!!

I would hope that my future puppy buyers are smart enough to see through Paula's lies.

@PissedConsumer612595

Wow.....sorry for all the typos!!!! I was typing on my phone

@PissedConsumer612621

This goes with my most recent post below, it disappeared because of the link I posted, I think.

You can believe whatever you want about my identity, but I can't have you saying that the Kristen is making up an imaginary person in order to back herself up. That's just ludacris. If you google the EXACT username "crsmith39" you can see some of the social networking sites that I, Chrissy Smith, am involved with. Go ahead and click on my pinterest account, where you can be directly linked to my facebook account by clicking the icon and from there you can direct your concerns regarding my identity to me via message. It's absolutely ridiculous how much you keep grasping at the idea of my fabrication, when it's obvious that we are not the same person.

Anyways, regarding the true matter at heart and not silly theories, you are completely entitled to your emotions and opinion as to the experience you received as a puppy buyer, and you may have had a bad experience..it can't always be perfect when dealing in animals and life. BUT I do want to say, that I am VERY very ridiculously happy with the puppy I received and the breeder-buyer relationship I had with Kristen!! I want to be sure that anyone who does see this review, while taking into account the negative, will also take into account the positive. How tragic would it have been if I had stumbled across this review before I purchased Otto and if it would have kept me from getting my puppy from her!! I would have never had his cute little spotted face, goofy personality, the silly noises that make him so extra special...I wouldn't have MY Otto. I just want to be sure that a negative review and one jaded person doesn't keep someone from getting their perfect puppy, when I have been blessed to receive such a wonderful little guy from Kristen!!! He's amazing and healthy in every way, and there is no possible way I could have ever chosen a better puppy if all the furballs int he world were lined up for my choosing. I will always sing praises of Spotted Kingdoms and Kristen!!!!!! p.s. I did want to let you know that I had actually misread your words of "partial refund" on ReviewsTalk as partial deafness, so that was a misinterpretation on my part. You can also see many pictures of my little guy there, so it's kind of strange that you obviously have been keeping an eye on ReviewsTalk and even though there are pictures of my puppy, you still insist on the crazy idea of me not being a real person. Since you're so insistent that I'm actually Kristen, it's pretty entertaining that all of the sudden a "Nastasia" has popped up when you're so obsessed with the topic of fake identities...and the wording of the post sounds just like you, Paula. I'm absolutely positive that you randomly picked a name from Spotted Kingdoms's Website, purposefully misspelled the name, and then posted it on the ONE review site that you haven't responded to my initial satisfied review with your claims of my being an invention of the breeder. Funny. AND you're just kind of proving the point that you won't help Kristen help you..by saying you won't send the bills.....pretty silly.

No, I do not have a litter on the way, thank you. Otto and Sparky are from different mothers. They share the same father.

crsmith39 is indeed the owner of one of my pup, Otto. Anyone who is on my facebook can see pictures of her with her puppy. True, I could alter my website however I wanted. Buy why would I do that? I have told many of my puppy owners about you, Paula. I have nothing to hide.

You are the only unsatisfied puppy owner I have ever had. I have tried to make you happy, but, despite your claims on this site, nothing I can do will appease you. You have been nothing but rude to me, despite my many efforts.

The puppy Paula is refering to dieing was seriously underdeveloped. His mother had a large litter (12). My vet (Brandywhine Hospital for Pets) can tell you that I did every last thing I could to help him. Paula once had a litter once so she acts as if she knows everything about puppies, dogs and breeding. I certainly don't claim to know all there is about breeding. I think all breeders can agree that you can always learn something new. However, for those who know about dog pregnancy.....This underdeveloped puppy shared a horn with a bigger puppy. For some reason, the bigger puppy was absoarbing the underdeveloped pup's nutition. My vet will tell you that 20% of your average litter will die. Good breeders will do their best for their mom and pups, but some things are just out of our control. I managed to keep the little underdeveloped boy alive until he was 6 days old...exceeding the vet expectation of him dieing in the first 48 hrs.

As far as Paula's claims to her puppy almost dying. Pardon me, but that's a fat load of bull ***. I spoke to her vet. We had a very different kind of conversation. Yes, her puppy had parasites(which I gave her my vet's meds for). I also, in writing, said that if additional meds were needed, I would pay for them.

AGAIN. I have said many, many, many, many time that Paula should send me copies of her vet bills and I will pay for them.

About the two dogs I found homes for. A breeder contacted me a year or so back with two Dalmatians she could not care for. I agreed to buy them. Angel and Reba had many behavioral issues that were the DIRECT result of too little socialization and human/canine interaction. I worked with them for a long time and corrected almost all of their issues. However, I came to realize that they needed a setting where they didn't feel they had to compete for attention with my other dogs. Reba was overly dominate and Angel was a bit timid (though very sweet) around a lot of commotion. I found they both suitable homes and, as I sure ther new owners would be happy to tell you, cried like a baby, especially when Reba (Paula's Sparky's mom) left. It wasn't lack of love...just the opposite. The enviorment at my house was not suitable to their needs. They had already proven to adjust quickly to new homes. It was and still is what I feel was best for them.

Also, about her clainm that my puppy room was dirty. Another lie. She was been in my puppy room and complimented me thouroughly on the design...even stating that it was much better than her doberman's breeder. I met with her outside the day of pickup because (aside from the fact that is was a beautiful day) a water pipe had broken in our laundry room and IT was a bit of a mess. I had been in the process of fixing it when Paula showed up without okaying her pickup time. You have to go through my laundryroom to get to my puppy room (Paula knows this). As she had been in my pup room before, I wanted to avoid taking her through the water of the floor.

Hopefully I covered all your lies Paula. However, I have already deveoted way too much time and stress to you. Anyone who does not believe that crsmith (keeping out names as I do not have permission) is a real person with a real puppy...maybe you can ask her nicely for a picture. Paula, she is just giving her opinion. Like you, she is entitled. Please refrain from using your *** attitude on my puppy owners.

@PissedConsumer611643

I'm sure you've told your puppy owners what you want them to hear.I am not the only "unsatisfied" customer. Natasha has posted a complaint on reviewtalks.

I would be appeased if you sent the refund as promised. The puppy you mentioned is not the same puppy I was referring to that died so you must have had several. I believe my puppy did almost die. I did not take her to my vet, but the emergency pet hospital.

Why bother submitting my vet bills, I wouldn't see that either. You gave very different reasons in your e-mails for getting rid of your dogs. You told me your puppy room was dirty. Nothing was ever said about a washer.

You said you hadn't had time to clean it. Just quoting what you said. I have not lied about anything. I have no reason to.

I know I'll never see my money. As far as *** attitude", I'm sure you would be the same way if the shoe were on the other foot.

I believe crsmith is you. I have warned buyers about you and that is all I set out to do.

Aaaand in clicking on the link for my facebook...it's funny that my cover photo is a picture of Otto......except that he and myself are fake. Soooo....

@Paula H Rpq

Reply to crsmith. I'm sure the breeder can do what ever she wants with her web site.

It doesn't change the facts. I have a witness that my dogs collar was yellow and was not the runt. My dog did not come from a Sept litter nor from Daisy. I never in any blog I wrote stated my dog was partially deaf.

She is totally deaf and always has been. The point here is I was sold a deaf dog and promised a refund which I did not receive.

I believe crsmith is the breeder trying to cover her tracks. Must have another litter on the way.

View more comments (18)
ID
Winter Park, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article