Inappropriate billing, lying, and unprofessionalism

I had back surgery in December 2011 and I was told several times at my pre-operative appointment that all follow-up appointments up to the 6-month mark were covered under the surgery cost. I have notes written down to verify this along with all our other surgery notes. Went to all the appointments as scheduled and even asked again before making my final follow-up that summer around July 2012. However, in September 2013 I get a bill for well over $100 for that 6-month appointment. The bill was not from the business but collections. They never contacted us about owing anything. I call them and they basically told me too bad that I just need to pay what I owe. Frustrated and not getting anywhere, I caved and payed the bill so that it wouldn't damage my credit. Now it is January 2014 and I made an appointment at their other office hoping to avoid more drama and get called back two days later that I cannot be seen because I owe $45 dollars in their collection fees even though I paid the bill as soon as I received it. I never should have been charged this bill, payed it anyway and now they are trying to charge me collection fees even though I never knew about this bill until I paid it. When talking to the financial manager she flat out lied to us about where this fee was coming from and we had to speak to collections to try and understand the problem. The clinic forwarded our check to collections who took out their fee from it because Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center declined to waive the fees and returned the remaining money. Now they want us to pay for those fees even when they had the option not to have them filed to start with. Their entire staff speaks to you with a condescending tone that is disrespectful and they lie over and over again and their doctors are no better.
ID
Norfolk, Virginia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article