Was hired by Spokeable and moved to Miami from the southwest under false pretenses.

Initially I was excited to work with Spokeable--they seemed to be a legit company, a little unorganized albeit unorganized/slightly unprofessional. Before I made the move to Florida, I contacted Remon Aziz and Joel Reyes, asking what my pay and schedule would be. Mr. Aziz told me this would be something to discuss when we got in the office, and this should have been my first warning to not work there. I have nothing against the people at Spokeable, they're all nice and I hope the best for them, but I'm appalled at the lack of professionalism and accountability. My first two weeks there I still did not receive a clear answer on how I was going to get paid, I only was told it was commission based--but based on what?? Also, my duties/responsibilities were not made clear. I say I was brought under false pretenses because I was hired through a third-party website and clear descriptions were listed in the job posting. After realizing I probably wouldn't be getting paid, I decided to leave because why would I waste my time and money going to an office that has nothing to offer me? They said they were a family but now I feel very used and expendable. Their company has many flaws, such as lack of punctuality, leadership, and organization. The mobile application itself is flawed, and unless you want to spend money on gas going around town talking to businesses (with NO training provided by the company), I don't recommend working there. TLDR; Moved out to Miami at considerable expense for promising job, it turned out to be a rip-off, received no in-sight/knowledge, am now unemployed.

Wow this is a real shame. I know of at least 8 other employees that are in the same situation.

They employed people and offering all kinds of things then work them to the ground while they give them excuses on when and how they will get paid. Apparently the founder, Antony Worku, is the one responsible.

Shameful!!! :(

ID
Miami, Florida
Loss

Spokeable (Antony Worku) Employment Fraud (Not paying wages)

SPOKEABLE (owed by ANTONY WORKU) employed me and several other employees under false expectations. Salary payments were always later by days at first, then by a week until never paid at all in-spite the reassurance of ANTONY WORKU himself that I was going to be paid in two difference ocasions. Due to SPOKEABLE (owed by ANTONY WORKU) inability of paying my wages I fell into debt about to lose my apartment, getting my car repossessed, missing Christmas with my family and getting my credit scored battered in the process while I was still receiving false payment declines from SPOKEABLE's (owed by ANTONY WORKU) HR Manager Virginie Benard until she just never responded again. Today SPOKEABLE (owed by ANTONY WORKU) officially refused to pay owed wages hiding behind the "you did not executed your job as expected" after they continuously assured me that I Was going to receive payment that such accusation was never a brought up until I put serious pressure to get my money. SHAME on such companies that take advantage of its employees taking for granted the world of consequences that such actions can bring upon their employees.

Anthony Worku is not a person you should make business with. Anthony Worku do not pay wages, he lies, and they are incredibly unorganized.

Do not work with them.

Anthony Worku is a fraud.

Contact your dept. of labor in your state.They will fine him and force him to pay you.

Join the club. You are not the only one but they have been getting away with this, sadly.

I admire your initiative though. Good luck!

View more comments (2)
ID
Miami, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article