Cannot get an answer when I try to book

I have vouchers from Spabreaks.com for pamper days, I have spent the past week, phoning them to try to book the days, but all I get is a long wait then a message saying leave my details and they will call me back. So far I have left 5 messages but nobody has called back ! You can get through to buy vouchers without a problem it is only after they have got your money that you have a problem contacting them to book your day. I would be very suspicious about making a purchase with this company, as I think it may be a *** trick

I got through - eventually, and booked my day. I was getting ready on the morning of my spa day, and was phoned to tell me that despite sending me a confirmation, they hadn't in fact booked it - they took so long about it, that the Spa was full up! Have been trying for nearly 3 weeks to get a refund - it was a present from my sister, and We would have been better off if she had given me cash to buy it direct!

Try the CEO - that's where I'm going next - if no luck there small claims court.....with as much publicity as I can manage!

ID
Woking, England
Loss

Worst company EVER!

This company is probably one of the worst I've had to deal with. I was browsing ideas for my mum's surprise 62nd birthday, and came across this website. She has previously been on spa days to the Bannatyne Hastings and raved about how fantastic the facilities were and the experience was very refreshing. So, I decided to enquire about a spa package spa breaks was advertising. I was called back by a friendly agent, who took me through their various packages and suggested treatments etc that I might be interested in. She mentioned a very reasonably priced package for two Swedish massages, which I decided to book. She took payment over the phone and said I would receive confirmation of my booking presently. Here is where it all went wrong. I did indeed receive a confirmation email, which detailed my booking and thinking me for my payment. Five minutes later, another email pinged through to my phone from "spabreaks@***.etc". I thought to myself, "fantastic, they're really keeping me up to date with my booking". The email did indeed confirm by booking; listed the booking number, my name and details of both treatments. At the bottom of the email detailed the company's cancellation policy; 48hrs prior to booking date. During Christmas, my mum took sick. She was bedridden and taking some heavy antibiotics. I decided that I would have to cancel the booking as I didn't think she would be able to get in the car let alone be well enough to make it all that way. I went back to the LAST email I received from what I thought was spa breaks, and dialed the number listed. This, unfortunately, was not spa breaks but the number for the Bannatyne hotel itself. When I asked the lady to cancel my booking, she said that unfortunately she couldn't as I did not make my booking with them. I asked her if she could put me in the right direction for spa breaks, but she said she couldn't. I went back to my emails, and managed to find the first original email that was sent to me. When I opened the email, I noticed that the cancellation policy on THAT email, stated that I could not cancel my booking within 28 days of my booking. I made my booking on 16th Dec for 6th Jan. There isn't 28 days between this time. I rang the number in the email, and explained to the agent my situation and asked if I could cancel my booking. I was told that I could not do this, as their cancellation policy didn't allow it. I explained to the agent my confusion with the emails and contradicting policies, and that at no point during my original phone conversation did the agent who made my booking state the cancellation policy of the company or that I was actually booking a date WITHIN their 28 day policy. The agent then said she would pass my case on to another member of her team, who would listen to the call and then get back to me. I received a call back from an agent who asked me what the issue was, and if I wanted to "amend" my booking. I said no, that I wanted to cancel my booking and re-explained the situation. The agent said she would listen to the call and then call me back. The agent called me back and said that she had indeed listened to the call and said that although the agent DID NOT explain the cancellation policy to me or state that my booking was in fact WITHIN their 28 day policy, she was unable to cancel and refund my booking as (and I quote) "our cancellation policy is actually listed on our website and on our emails". I tried to re-explain to the agent that yes their cancellation policy is listed on their email BUT that I had had 10+ emails from an email address that looked extremely similar to theirs, that I had gone with the cancellation policy of the hotel and not theirs. The agent then said that unfortunately they could not cancel my booking, but that they could hold my funds and re-book for another date. This is a poor excuse. The agent stated that she listened to my call, and agreed that the agent who made the booking DID NOT explain the cancellation policy to me or mention that actually my booking was being made WITHIN the 28 days. I am extremely disappointed. I have heard many things about this company and the Bannatyne Hotel. I strongly advise anyone who is booking with this company to double and triple check their dates and make sure that when they are making their booking that it does not fall WITHIN 28 days of their chosen date. I would also strongly suggest that you DON'T use this company to book with the Bannatyne but that you book directly with the hotel/spa of your choice. It seems that the service is a lot better. If given the choice, I would never book with this company again. I only hope that when I do re-schedule, I'm not told that my funds have expired or something else ludicrous.
ID
London, England
Loss

About

Spabreaks Terms of Service
The revised information will then form part of The User's contract. Full payment is taken at the time of booking. This will be applicable each time a reduction is made. Some adult aqua classes may also take place at certain times. Some aqua classes may take place. Hotel cancellation policies are not applicable. This will be applied each time a reduction is made. Vouchers are not in any way a booked spa experience. Only one discounted voucher can be used per booking. A voucher purchase is not a booking. All Customer Service vouchers are valid for 12 months. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects The Client's statutory rights. All Gift Cards are non refundable. Full balance of the Gift Card must be used at time of booking. Gift cards must not be redeemed with any spa directly. A passport is necessary to travel to all European countries.
To read more: https://www.spabreaks.com/terms-and-conditions
Spabreaks Privacy Policy
To read more: https://www.spabreaks.com/privacy
Summary

Spabreaks is a spa recommendation service. Its website was first launched in 2001 and was renewed in 2008. Spabreaks.com is intended for spa travel needs of different range clients. The website contains more than 3000 spa offers which are available for booking 24 hours per day. The company is considered to be the biggest company of its type in the United Kingdom. Spabreaks is in cooperation with more than 500 venues based all over the world. Every week the company sends more than 2000 people on spa days and holidays.

Spabreaks reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article