Verified Reviewer
Advanced Reviewer

Bad service with adopting pets

Southern Pines Animal Shelter - Bad service with adopting pets
Update by user Sep 20, 2019

For clarification, I wanted to adopt a dog (preferably a male that won't weigh over 25 lbs when it is fully grown), and still do want to. THe apartment complex where I reside only allows pets 25lbs or less when grown.

Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2019
I wanted to adopt a pet at southern pines Animal Shelter in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and I wanted a small dog (under 25 lbs grown), and I went there last sunday, was there at 12 pm, as required, when I got there, there was no pet and I had called them before I left going there (it is about 21 miles from where I live). The rep there told me I would have to check back and to submit my wish to adopt the kind of animal I wanted on the wish adoption part of their website, and I will get emails when the type of pet I want is available for adoption there at the shelter. So Wednesday morning, September the 19, I received a email informing me that an animal I am interested in is available (I got the email about 8:30 am, (they don't open until 1pm everyday, closed on Wednesdays). THey close at 5 pm. SO I called to see if the animal was available after they opened at 1pm, and gave the attendant the pet ID #, and she put me on hold, and forgot about me on the phone, she never came back on line, I had to hang up and call back. I was on hold for about 25 minutes or so. So when I called back the rep told me that dos was no longer available even though the email said it was. I complained about the rude service and I spoke to someone there might had been the manager, I don't know, but she said sometimes the emails or not updated as animals are adopted, I said "well, you need to update that cause of people are told the animals are available, but when they get there the animals are not available because of the not-up-dated email in formation, then people has wasted their time and gas money. She didn't seem to care about that. They want the public to give donations, and want o adopt animals to good homes, but they need to get their stuff straight, I suspect it is because of poor management, and incompetent employees. I don't know if I am going to rely on Southern Pines Animal Shelter to let me know when an animal I am interested in is available for adoption, the information might not be accurate or up-todate.
ID
Service
Southern Pines Animal Shelter Pet Adoption
Pros
  • Adopt animals
Cons
  • Dont update animal information
  • Long phone holds time
  • Poor customer service
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article