Southern Pine Electric Reviews

Show reviews that mention
security light paper bill windwood manor service mississippi manor seniors apartments light windwood
Filter review

Dissatisfied

This company's service is far below standards, every time there is rain and moderate winds, the power goes out for an extensive period of time. Each time it's the same area and the same problem, a power transformer blows and the isolated area is without power. I am a customer whom pay a power bill each month and I expect greater service, I wonder why that one isolated problem can't be resolved. Our neighbors which is one mile away very seldom experience outages.
ID
Cons
  • Slow response
Let the company propose a solution

Advanced Reviewer

Outside security light outage/reported not repaired/replaced

Southern Pine Electric - Outside security light outage/reported not repaired/replaced
Reported a outside security light out here at Windwood Manor Apartments (For seniors and the disabled), 18 apartments only, in Collins, Mississippi and southern pines has yet to repair/replace the light. The outage was reported at 5:30 am on Friday morning, February 5, 2021 and seniors and disabled people need the light to shine so they can see where they are going outside when walking their pets or doing whatever they need to do outside at night.

User's recommendation: Poor quality of service.

ID
Cons
  • Lack of attention to reported outages
  • Rude staff
  • Lack of attention to reported security light outages
Preferred solution
Need to repair security light so residents(seniors/and the disabled), can see at night when outside their apartment(s).

Advanced Reviewer

Resolved: Security light not working properly at senior and disabled complex

Southern Pine Electric - Security light not working properly at senior and disabled complex
Update by user Sep 23, 2020

they repaired the security light that was out, two of them..

Update by user Sep 18, 2020

A Rep from southern pine electric called me today and said she was on top of the complaint after she heard it was being submitted to different online reviews as negative reviews, and reported to The Mississippi Public Service Commission that regulates utility companies in the State of Mississippi. SO we will wait and see. I will update when the security light has been repaired or replaced.

Original review posted by user Sep 18, 2020
Someone needs to repair this light at Windwood Manor Apartments for Seniors and the Disabled in Collins Mississippi. The security suppose to light up the sidewalk where people can see how to walk at night. If someone gets hurt by falling down cause the light is out, then legal action will be taken. The light stays off more than it stays on It has already been reported twice already. In a month? There are " no" excuses for not repairing it. I will be submitting negative reviews to yelp, pissedconsumer.com, public service commission in jackson, as well as other online venues. The security light needs to be repaired ASAP at Windwood Manor Apts in Collins, Mississippi so seniors and the disabled can see how to walk outside their apts at night.
Resolved
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Service
Southern Pine Electric Customer Care
Cons
  • Lousy customer service
Preferred solution
Repair or replace outside security light

Resolved: Do not recommend

Southern Pine Electric - Do not recommend
Update by user Mar 12, 2020

They repaired the light outage

Original review posted by user Jan 26, 2020
I reported a security light out in the parking lot at WIndwood Manor Apartments (Apartments for seniors and the disabled), and it is for safety reason(s) that it needs to be working at night at all times. Now I know that the security light might go out at some point, but when requested for it to be repaired or replaced, southern pine should get on the case and fix it ASAP. It has already been reported that is needs to be looked at a while back, to no avail. IT is a safety issue that needs to be looked into promptly. I have a video of it to show and a screenshot taken of it last night.
Resolved
District 2, Mississippi
Pros
  • Electricity kwh price is reasonable
Reason of review
security light won't work

Advanced Reviewer

Can't get a paper bill, representative rude, hung up

I called Southern Pines Electric Power in Hattiesburg, Mississippi to ask why I don't get a paper bill in the mail, (I did not sign up for paperless billing), and the male represenative was rude, was angry cause I wanted to get a monthly paper bill in order to pay my bill every month. Consumers have a right to get a paper bill in order to pay for the usage. I was not able to get to get my request as the representative hung up on me and when I called back I ask to speak to the director(manager), and the same person hung up on me accusing me (falsely of swearing at him, (which I didn't), when I aske him what did I swear, he hung up on me. I called back a third time and a female answered the phone and when I asked her what her capacity there was, she hung up. I have never experienced such poor quality of service before in my life. All I want is to request that I receive my bill in the mail, (snail mail, USPS), not online. What is the problem with those employees that work there in the Hattiesburg, Mississippi location?
Service
Southern Pine Electric Customer Care
Cons
  • Rude staff
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article