Southern New Hampshire University Steals Students Money

I attended Southern New Hampshire University for 1 term and I have to agree with the other reviews. Southern New Hampshire University is simply a front to get people's money. Southern New Hampshire University professors are the worst. They fail you to get you to sign up for the classes again. This school only cares about the money. Southern New Hampshire University intentionally low ball grades to get students to spend more money. Their staff simply does not care. Southern New Hampshire University has no return policy after 2 weeks. So if the teacher does anything (fail you intentionally), then you simply are forced to either get an F or withdrawal. The staff at Southern New Hampshire University simply does NOT do anything. I was working towards my masters and got all A's until the professor simply had a bad day. Neither the dean nor advising cared. Their model is simply withdrawal we got your money anyway.
#1972682

SNHU, maybe all colleges, have no checks and balances. No matter how terrible the situation, even knowing the students are correct will do nothing to rectify the situation for most.

#1972049

That's funny...I got my MBA at SNHU and obtained a high paying government job within just a few months of graduating.

#1972677
@PissedConsumer1972049

Congratulations!!! I'm happy your journey was rewarded. I wish my journey had been the same.

#1985139
@PissedConsumer1972049

Sounds made up. Did you get this “high paying” position straight off the street or were you already there and told to get MBA from anywhere?

Or did you show your shiny MBA from a for profit diploma mill and get the position over those with advanced degrees from real schools? You sound like a petty fool.

Attended for 5+ semesters. Total junk college scamming people out of money for useless degrees

You are absolutely correct. They stole 2K from me.

The professor was a racist and they simply stated either I had to stay in the class or if I chose not withdrawal they were still going to take my money. In short they did nothing.

View more comments (5)
Service
Southern New Hampshire University Teacher
Reason of review
Bad quality

Southern New Hampshire University Holds Your Transcript To Extort Money

In my opinion, because of all the new advertisements Southern New Hampshire University’s financial aid department was behind. Therefore, my aid was not processed. I was billed for a two classes while attending on financial aid. At the time of my enrollment, we couldn’t drop our own classes. I was told I had to inform my advisor when I first enrolled if I needed to drop a class. I contacted the financial aid office, and my advisor about dropping the classes, both advised me not to drop. On the day, it was too late to drop without a charge someone from financial aid contacted me about a statement. I was away at the time and did not see how I could provide the statement. Therefore, I asked about dropping again and was told, "It's too late." I informed them I asked to have the classes dropped, and was told not to drop the classes. She replied, "We can't tell you what to do." Therefore, I found away and sent in the statement the same day. What is the use of speaking with them, if later they say, "We can't tell you what to do?” After dealing with financial aid incompetence, I had a problem in one of my classes. The instructor did not follow the rules of the rubric, and to make matters worse, the assignments were ambiguous. Instead of any of anyone listening to my concerns, they ignored the issue and tried to dismiss my complaints, by focusing on things they thought would shut me up. After this, I withdrew from the university. I have never had to deal with such disrespect at any school. In the end, they are a business and I am a consumer. I should not have to take a course I found not to be up to par. Moreover, it is not my fault they were under-staffed in the financial aid office and could not do their job, in a timely matter. In conclusion, SNHU has railroaded me into owing them money and will not release my transcript in order to attend another university until I pay for classes I did not find up to par and withdrew from. I do not understand how a university can hold your transcript for courses your financial aid has paid for, and you still have to pay back the loans, this is extortion. Now I understand why so many might default on their loans. Since they have the power to hold transcripts my financial aid has paid for, they should have to return all monies owed to the government on the loans.
#1972675

You might be correct, I guess my grades and making the President List is certification that I can't earn a real degree.

#1972053

What is the point in trying to get a degree if you cannot handle being creative and intelligent enough to handle something somewhat ambiguous? The whole point in higher education is to challenge you.

Sounds like you are looking to purchase a degree. If that was your goal, SNHU is not your school.

View more comments (1)
ID
#811934 Review #811934 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Some facilitators they did not have instructors
  • Staff
  • Some of their classes
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Release my transcript, and remove the $2,000 debt.

Dad dies - still required to pay after attempting to withdraw

I sent an E-mail required to withdraw to two different people that were suppose to me my "contacts" as a new student for MY FIRST class. I had a death in the family. When I resolved everything and returned home from out of state I was told it was too late to withdraw when I did and I would be charged for the full class even after only attending 6 classes. When I explained the situation they said, "we can charge you for the class because other Universities do it." Instead of calling me, they left an E-mail which I was unable to pick up until I returned home. At that time, the weeks passed and they demanded payment with interest at something like 16% plus late 100's in late fees. I was a FIRST TIME student and they never processes my student loan which would have gotten them their money even if they would have not been paid. They claimed the withdraw policy is posted all over their web site or even if I did not know I would have "know better" so they expected payment. Very rude! Very uncaring! Very unsorry of a death in the family! If you read BBB history, however, they waived a young female students fees under the VERY SAME situation but because I "had the means to pay because "you work" that they wanted the money.
#1972679

Sorry to hear of your lost. I think they do have something in place for your situation, you should check back. Contact the cashier/business office, I'm not sure what SNHU call theirs and provide proof.

Memphis, Tennessee
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article